Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR!
Change Page: 12345 > | Showing page 1 of 5, messages 1 to 20 of 94
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 06:41
Don' t trip on the suck kiddies.

Now, I can understand that they' re just trying to add the extra couple dollars to the millions they make from the Harry Potter movies, but... C' MON! It looks like a PSP game!

Oh, and did I mention? That first photo was a touched up screenie.
Die_Hounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 275
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 06:44

It looks like a PSP game!

Oh, and did I mention? That first photo was a touched up screenie.

Eddie, evryone knows the Harry Potter games don' t rely on their visuals, they rely on their innovative and non-repetitive gamep-snnkk hee-hee, heh, sorry, I can' t really keep that up for that long.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 06:53
PSP games look better than that.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 07:27
That seals the deal. I now need a Wii. Screw Zelda, I don' t wanna be some fairy elf. I want to be a wizard and play cooking mama.

Let' s see if the precious Wii-mote can make this steaming pile " unique" and " fun" .
SpaceJase

• Total Posts : 170
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 09:20
My god this must be the most shallow forum on the internet, quite sad when you consider where this forum came from. Is this just a refuge for the self-proclaimed ' hardcore' now?

Bunch of children!
SpaceJase

RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 09:46
Do you feel threatened by new and original ideas? Text ' Paranoid' to I' m a loser . com ;)
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 09:47

My god this must be the most shallow forum on the internet, quite sad when you consider where this forum came from. Is this just a refuge for the self-proclaimed ' hardcore' now?

Bunch of children!

Its called humor. You should try it sometime, it can be quite fun.

I also don' t think anyone has stated, claimed, or even alluded to being " hardcore" on these boards. At least none of the regulars.
SpaceJase

RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 09:52
Well, maybe I' m missing something but it seems everyone on here hates Nintendo and the Wii.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 10:06

ORIGINAL: SpaceJase

Well, maybe I' m missing something but it seems everyone on here hates Nintendo and the Wii.

I wouldn' t say hate. But it is quite hard to like a console with no games. It' s certainly not the " Revolution" that Nintendo had us thinking of.
SpaceJase

RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 10:10
So what exactly where you hoping for?

More of the same but with better graphics?
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 11:03
The Wii has no games untill Christmas. That is a joke for a console that has just launched.

And even after Mario and Metroid, what has it got? It cant rely on the 3rd party support much now becuase it costs too much to make two versions of games, aka one for ps3/360 and one scaled down,very different [usually worse] version for the wii. Think Call of Duty 3, its ps3/360 brothers got higher reviews and better user resposense due to its good graphics/Online, neither of which the Wii has. Even if the wii has the controls going for it, if it isnt used right, whats the point? I suspect this to be the case with most major 3rd party multi format games.
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 13 Apr 07 3:11:13 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 11:12

So what exactly where you hoping for?

More of the same but with better graphics?

Actually that would be better than what they have right now. What i really want is them to take the gameplay from games that were on the 64 and change the story line and setting a bit, kinda like their doing with Mario Galaxy
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 18:43
I don' t care much about graphics as long as the art design is good. But that doesn' t mean I like when the developers are lazy and make sloppy PS1 graphics and then sell me a full priced game. The Wii can do much better than that. In theory. But then, in theory, communism works...
Whatever I would never buy a Harry Potter game anyway, not on the Wii or any console.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 19:52
i think it' s pretty sad from the wii, a console that has been in market since november and still no excellent games with a lot of mediocre ones (except for the all mighty zelda which is a game cube game) ... but the worse and i mean the worse thing is that previews of AAA titles are so so scarce, there is no 3rd party game i can think of which will make you run and get a wii now even if the game is not released yet... sony and 360 had most wanted games way before their releases , let alone their first party titles. but hey the wii is still doing pretty going in sale , may be it' s a fad i don' t know ... it must be ... a console selling milllions without current or future AAA titles , something is wrong there .

The next big game for the wii will launch on November... just wow
SpaceJase

RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 20:08

The Wii has no games untill Christmas. That is a joke for a console that has just launched.

Well, it has 4 million+ sellers - that' s 3 more than the PS3, so clearly it does have some games.

I' d agree that what it doesn' t have are any games that push the hardware and that there' s a dearth of quality games, but to say there are NO games is clearly bollocks.

Plenty of big name games coming out before xmas ign

Really no getting the hate directed at the Wii in here. Very sad.
< Message edited by spacejase -- 13 Apr 07 12:09:25 >
Abasoufiane

RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 20:14
instead of giving a link, why don' t you name " those games" , and don' t mention 1st party titles aka mario and metroid. go.
SpaceJase

RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 20:31
Why shouldn' t I be able to mention 1st party titles - did you just invent a new law or something?
Abasoufiane

RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 20:57
because the problem here is with 3rd party developers, nintendo never had problem for delivering 1st party aaa games.

it is the 3rd party games that makes a console jump high or down. lack of third party support means premature death.
< Message edited by abasoufiane -- 13 Apr 07 12:58:07 >
SpaceJase

RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 21:09
I don' t want to get sucked into a fanboy discussion about the Wii but suffice to say that it' s going to have the largest installed user base in a few months and 3rd party devs won' t ignore that.

It already has decent support from EA, Sega and Capcom. Rockstar have stated that Wii is a priority for them. Devs have been caught out by the success of the Wii so there' s bound to be a little lag before their games start to hit.

I don' t think that the Wii is the complete solution on it' s own BTW. There are certain types of games where the controls give no advantage (driving games and footy (soccer) spring to mind) and I' d choose the 360/PS3 for those games every time.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 21:39
The wii is a fun toy, but it wont allow for the same expiriences as the true nextgen machines, remote control or not!

Graphics and Computing simply isnt strong enough!
Change Page: 12345 > | Showing page 1 of 5, messages 1 to 20 of 94

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message