Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR!

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 40 of 94
Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 06:41
Don' t trip on the suck kiddies.

Now, I can understand that they' re just trying to add the extra couple dollars to the millions they make from the Harry Potter movies, but... C' MON! It looks like a PSP game!

Oh, and did I mention? That first photo was a touched up screenie.

Die_Hounderdoggen
  • Total Posts : 275
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 06:44

It looks like a PSP game!

Oh, and did I mention? That first photo was a touched up screenie.

Eddie, evryone knows the Harry Potter games don' t rely on their visuals, they rely on their innovative and non-repetitive gamep-snnkk hee-hee, heh, sorry, I can' t really keep that up for that long.

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 06:53
PSP games look better than that.

Dagashi
  • Total Posts : 987
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 07:27
That seals the deal. I now need a Wii. Screw Zelda, I don' t wanna be some fairy elf. I want to be a wizard and play cooking mama.

Let' s see if the precious Wii-mote can make this steaming pile " unique" and " fun" .

SpaceJase
  • Total Posts : 170
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 09:20
My god this must be the most shallow forum on the internet, quite sad when you consider where this forum came from. Is this just a refuge for the self-proclaimed ' hardcore' now?

Bunch of children!

SpaceJase
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 09:46
Do you feel threatened by new and original ideas? Text ' Paranoid' to I' m a loser . com ;)

Dagashi
  • Total Posts : 987
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 09:47

My god this must be the most shallow forum on the internet, quite sad when you consider where this forum came from. Is this just a refuge for the self-proclaimed ' hardcore' now?

Bunch of children!

Its called humor. You should try it sometime, it can be quite fun.

I also don' t think anyone has stated, claimed, or even alluded to being " hardcore" on these boards. At least none of the regulars.

SpaceJase
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 09:52
Well, maybe I' m missing something but it seems everyone on here hates Nintendo and the Wii.

UnluckyOne
  • Total Posts : 995
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 10:06

ORIGINAL: SpaceJase

Well, maybe I' m missing something but it seems everyone on here hates Nintendo and the Wii.

I wouldn' t say hate. But it is quite hard to like a console with no games. It' s certainly not the " Revolution" that Nintendo had us thinking of.

SpaceJase
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 10:10
So what exactly where you hoping for?

More of the same but with better graphics?

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 11:03
The Wii has no games untill Christmas. That is a joke for a console that has just launched.

And even after Mario and Metroid, what has it got? It cant rely on the 3rd party support much now becuase it costs too much to make two versions of games, aka one for ps3/360 and one scaled down,very different [usually worse] version for the wii. Think Call of Duty 3, its ps3/360 brothers got higher reviews and better user resposense due to its good graphics/Online, neither of which the Wii has. Even if the wii has the controls going for it, if it isnt used right, whats the point? I suspect this to be the case with most major 3rd party multi format games.
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 13 Apr 07 3:11:13 >
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 11:12

So what exactly where you hoping for?

More of the same but with better graphics?

Actually that would be better than what they have right now. What i really want is them to take the gameplay from games that were on the 64 and change the story line and setting a bit, kinda like their doing with Mario Galaxy

ginjirou
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 18:43
I don' t care much about graphics as long as the art design is good. But that doesn' t mean I like when the developers are lazy and make sloppy PS1 graphics and then sell me a full priced game. The Wii can do much better than that. In theory. But then, in theory, communism works...
Whatever I would never buy a Harry Potter game anyway, not on the Wii or any console.

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 19:52
i think it' s pretty sad from the wii, a console that has been in market since november and still no excellent games with a lot of mediocre ones (except for the all mighty zelda which is a game cube game) ... but the worse and i mean the worse thing is that previews of AAA titles are so so scarce, there is no 3rd party game i can think of which will make you run and get a wii now even if the game is not released yet... sony and 360 had most wanted games way before their releases , let alone their first party titles. but hey the wii is still doing pretty going in sale , may be it' s a fad i don' t know ... it must be ... a console selling milllions without current or future AAA titles , something is wrong there .

The next big game for the wii will launch on November... just wow

SpaceJase
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 20:08

The Wii has no games untill Christmas. That is a joke for a console that has just launched.

Well, it has 4 million+ sellers - that' s 3 more than the PS3, so clearly it does have some games.

I' d agree that what it doesn' t have are any games that push the hardware and that there' s a dearth of quality games, but to say there are NO games is clearly bollocks.

Plenty of big name games coming out before xmas ign

Really no getting the hate directed at the Wii in here. Very sad.
< Message edited by spacejase -- 13 Apr 07 12:09:25 >

Abasoufiane
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 20:14
instead of giving a link, why don' t you name " those games" , and don' t mention 1st party titles aka mario and metroid. go.

SpaceJase
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 20:31
Why shouldn' t I be able to mention 1st party titles - did you just invent a new law or something?

Abasoufiane
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 20:57
because the problem here is with 3rd party developers, nintendo never had problem for delivering 1st party aaa games.

it is the 3rd party games that makes a console jump high or down. lack of third party support means premature death.
< Message edited by abasoufiane -- 13 Apr 07 12:58:07 >

SpaceJase
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 21:09
I don' t want to get sucked into a fanboy discussion about the Wii but suffice to say that it' s going to have the largest installed user base in a few months and 3rd party devs won' t ignore that.

It already has decent support from EA, Sega and Capcom. Rockstar have stated that Wii is a priority for them. Devs have been caught out by the success of the Wii so there' s bound to be a little lag before their games start to hit.

I don' t think that the Wii is the complete solution on it' s own BTW. There are certain types of games where the controls give no advantage (driving games and footy (soccer) spring to mind) and I' d choose the 360/PS3 for those games every time.

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 21:39
The wii is a fun toy, but it wont allow for the same expiriences as the true nextgen machines, remote control or not!

Graphics and Computing simply isnt strong enough!

Bishonen
  • Total Posts : 1718
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 22:03
Currently accepting Article & Review requests

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 13, 2007 23:19
" Well, maybe I' m missing something but it seems everyone on here hates Nintendo and the Wii."

For the record, I don' t hate Nintendo I just hate the Wii.

mastachefbkw
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 14, 2007 01:05

Click to enlarge

Whats the chart representing, consoles sold or consoles available?

Silentbomber
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 14, 2007 01:23
Dont get offended by anything said here, ts not fanboysim, its just what we think.

Well, it has 4 million+ sellers, so clearly it does have some games.

The Wii is only selling like that becuase basicly its a fad, people in general are stupid, especially the buying public and will buy anything that is popular, on the cover of magazines and is getting alot of publicty, all that with its cheap price and different control scheme make it sell in buck loads fast.

Thats the launch, which we are coming out of, Summer is almost here and I bet you the Wii sales will drop, with no new games and alot of medicore titles hiting the market peole are gong to get bored of it. the Wii will outsell the ps3/360 untill Christmas when big titles like gta4 and halo3 etc come out. The number will start to even out in time.

ginjirou
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 14, 2007 03:02
I think the Wii is selling well because the gameplay is appreciated by lots of people.
Hardcore (*cough*Nintendo fans*cough*) gamers bought it to play Zelda TP with the Wii-mote.
But many people, semi-hardcore as well as " new" gamers buy it for stuff like Wii sports. Most people agree that for a casual game session in casual videogame situtations (like parties with friends) Wii-sports is really good.
So as a casual party console the Wii has proven its worth. And I think we' ll see lots of games in the future that suits such situations perfectly.
It is among the hardcore gamers that Nintendo still need to show something worthwhile. But seeing as Mario Galaxy and Metroid prime 3 are the only games we can expect much from in the nearest future, I fear that hardcore gamers will quickly leave the Wii for the HD consoles. Party games are fun enough, but we need something more too.
I think the party appeal can secure the Wii a constant level of sales so it will definitely do much better than the GCN.
But without harcore games the Wii will never have a chance at coming in at 2nd or 3rd place this generation.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 13 Apr 07 19:05:55 >

alijay034
  • Total Posts : 1433
  • Reward points : 1685
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 14, 2007 03:13
As a relation to a Wii owner,(I am not going to say I own it as it is the Missus' ) I would like to say that it is fun, however people are correct there are no 3rd party killer apps for the thing. I would even go so far as to say that even some of the Nintendo stuff is noway near as good as the stuff they have bought out for previous consoles, infact I would take it further and say the DS has a better line up from Nintendo and that is a freaking hand held.

Duffman
  • Total Posts : 1096
  • Reward points : 5600
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 14, 2007 03:32
I' m a Wii owner and I will admit that I am very dissapointed so far. Its definitely not the graphics that bother me at all! If the Wii had a few AAA titles as we speak I still think people wouldn' t be happy because they are graphics whores, pure and simple! As Ginjirou said its games like Wii sports that appeals to casual gamers and non gamers so the Wii isn' t just a fad as people say it is. But in terms of games that appeal to hardcore gamers like myself and most people here, the Wii just isn' t delivering. I want more games like Zelda and less games like Rayman Raving Rabbids.
However thats not to say that the Wii will never have games that appeal to hardcore gamers. As third party developers begin to fully utilise the hardware we will see more hardcore games. So for us hardcore gamers the Wii isn' t dead yet......
< Message edited by Duffman -- 13 Apr 07 19:35:24 >

Virtua fighter 5
  • Total Posts : 1327
  • Reward points : 4650
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 14, 2007 04:08
the fact that you people like talking about it, shows people care.

Abasoufiane
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 14, 2007 07:38
you people ?

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 14, 2007 10:13
He' s too cool for us. Right F3?

The Wii has some outstanding games. I love Raving Rabbids & Trauma Center is awesome, but once you' ve played one minigame title, you don' t want much more.

The Wii has the potential to be amazing, you won' t see or hear me falling back on the gimmicky remote battle-plan here, but there' s no denying the developers are lazy. Crappy mini-game titles are selling, and until they don' t any more, I can' t see the majority of the titles being anything more than C- party games and crippled 360 & PS3 ports. I don' t hate the Wii or nintendo, but I' m incredibly frustrated with their mindset. In trying to become more open-minded, they' ve become far too narrow.

As a relation to a Wii owner,(I am not going to say I own it as it is the Missus' )
Coming from somebody who (apparently) isn' t an extreme gamer, what does the missus think of the Wii? Out of curiosity?

SpaceJase
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 14, 2007 11:14

The Wii has the potential to be amazing, you won' t see or hear me falling back on the gimmicky remote battle-plan here, but there' s no denying the developers are lazy. Crappy mini-game titles are selling, and until they don' t any more, I can' t see the majority of the titles being anything more than C- party games and crippled 360 & PS3 ports. I don' t hate the Wii or nintendo, but I' m incredibly frustrated with their mindset. In trying to become more open-minded, they' ve become far too narrow.

I can see where you' re coming from with that post but I don' t share your pessimism.

As a bit of an experiment I asked the missus (pretty much non-gamer) whether she prefered the controls of the Wii or the 360 (she likes the 360 because we have our entire music collection on it mainly). She said that she thought the 360 controls where ' old fashioned' compared to the Wii. I suggested that the Wii graphics were nowhere near up to the level of the 360 but she disagreed saying that she hadn' t noticed any difference.

Now that may sound insane to you or I but what you have to realise is that you have an educated eye. Your senses are more accute to graphical subtleties that go unnoticed to the public at large.

Mate, my missus thinks that the controls of Zeld:TP aren' t difficult! Of course, in reality they are but the Wiimote et all opened a door for her and she can now control a pretty advanced game all on her own. That' s amazing after 10 years of her not being that bothered about my gaming addiction and being put off by complex controls.

To take you up on antother point - I don' t see ' crippled' ports of 360/ps3 games being a problem for the Wii. I would hope and expect to see devs creating unique content for the Wii. Slapping motion control onto sub par ports would be the worst thing that could happen. If the Wii continues selling as it is then I expect to see PS3/360 cross platform games with sepearate Wii games.

That' s the advantage of this gen for me - it' s not three like consoles competing so there is a bit of variety on offer. PS3 and 360 do what they do best and the Wii does what it does best.
< Message edited by spacejase -- 14 Apr 07 3:28:49 >

SpaceJase
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 14, 2007 11:38

But without harcore games the Wii will never have a chance at coming in at 2nd or 3rd place this generation.

Since when did ' hardcore' gamers decide which console was successful? That idea died with the PS1.

The casual market is what makes or breaks a games console. Ths casual gamers are what made the PS1 and PS2 the successes that they where/are.

Maybe I just missed a bit of sarcasm in your post! lol.
< Message edited by spacejase -- 14 Apr 07 3:40:49 >

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 14, 2007 11:42
So youre saying that your " missus" is so dumb to not see a difference between Gears and Rayman? wow, may be time to get a woman thats not blind.
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

SpaceJase
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 14, 2007 12:32
Erm... She' s not dumb and she certainly wouldn' t be neglecting apostrophes like you just did, she just doesn' t give a shit about video games to the same extent that I do.

When you' ve had a grown-up relationship with a woman you' ll understand better ;)
< Message edited by spacejase -- 14 Apr 07 4:35:08 >

mastachefbkw
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 14, 2007 14:05
So him forgetting apostrophes and your girlfriend being blind has what to do with him and his relationships? ... and by the way, this isnt english class, you dont have to change the subject because of an apostrophe

ginjirou
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 14, 2007 17:45

Since when did ' hardcore' gamers decide which console was successful? That idea died with the PS1.

The casual market is what makes or breaks a games console. Ths casual gamers are what made the PS1 and PS2 the successes that they where/are.

Maybe I just missed a bit of sarcasm in your post! lol.

I' m not saying that it' s ultra-hardcore games that sell consoles but if you look at the sales charts from the last generation you' ll see that except for EA' s games most games that sold more than one million copies weren' t exactly party games. Get the idea?
And not even EA is supporting the Wii by much so it doesn' t look good for the Wii when it comes to bringing games that generate good sales. That' ll result in lower interest in both hardcore gamers and developers leading to lower Wii sales.
The Wii needs games that appeal to the harcore crowd, but that casual gamers also are interested in. Party games are not enough in the long run. The ultimate trio Mario, Zelda and Samus can' t send the Wii to 2nd or 3rd place by themselves.

alijay034
  • Total Posts : 1433
  • Reward points : 1685
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 14, 2007 18:35

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

As a relation to a Wii owner,(I am not going to say I own it as it is the Missus' )
Coming from somebody who (apparently) isn' t an extreme gamer, what does the missus think of the Wii? Out of curiosity?

She and the kids love it, she gets me to play Rampage (when I say gets me, she promises me sexual favours or threatens to withhold on them whichever works best for her.) The kids love Wii sports and Wario ware, raving rabbids is fun but is a pure party game, at the moment she is doing the Wii fitness thing and TBH it is a fairly good workout, considering she is a Hardcore NWN nut she is quite taken with the Wii, me on the other hand still not convinced.

Oh and just as an aside she can see the difference between my 360 and the Wii, however the Wii is more Child friendly....Whatever the hell that means, I don' t see anything wrong with picking people up and throwing them off ledges, or recreating WWII battles using only melee attacks.
< Message edited by alijay034 -- 14 Apr 07 10:40:55 >

Virtua fighter 5
  • Total Posts : 1327
  • Reward points : 4650
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 14, 2007 20:08
My girl Actually prefers the look of the wii games.

From what i remember:

" This looks really smooth and Vibrant" -Wii sports.

" Wow.. that water looks realistic" -Zelda

" This looks like a cartoon" -Wareware

Shes always going on about it' s graphics.

Art direction, smoothness and Vibrant graphics makes more of an impact to new comers.

On a different Note:

Nintendo are totally Dominating Japan:

Japanese hardware sales for April 2 - April 8:

System-Weekly sales(compared to last week)-2007 sales-Lifetime sales

1. DSL - 110,845 (+30,948) - 2,040,090 - 9,489,974
2. Wii - 52,583 (+1,218) - 1,094,658 - 2,014,301
3. PSP - 31,503 (-7,574) - 716,054 - 5,248,183
4. PS3 - 14,520 (-2,369) - 368,343 - 825,901
5. PS2 - 14,234 (-3,553) - 272,935 - 20,427,794
6. 360 - 2,963 (-926) - 81,976 - 346,678

Nintendo are just: Taking the Piss
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 14 Apr 07 12:19:40 >

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 14, 2007 21:43

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

My girl Actually prefers the look of the wii games.

From what i remember:

" This looks really smooth and Vibrant" -Wii sports.

" Wow.. that water looks realistic" -Zelda

" This looks like a cartoon" -Wareware

Shes always going on about it' s graphics.

Those are some really odd things to say. Maybe not to you and your rampant fanboyism but to the rest of the world...

Oh but hang on, ...haven' t we been here before...

Silentbomber
RE: Wii Gets a Bleeding-Edge Killer-App THIS YEAR! - Apr 14, 2007 22:43

she just doesn' t give a shit about video games to the same extent that I do

No offense, I kind of find that hard to believe if you post on a Video Games forum.

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 40 of 94