Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Halo 3 beta codes
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
Halo 3 beta codes - May 15, 2007 01:57
Has anyone recieved their Beta test code? Not friends and family.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Halo 3 beta codes - May 15, 2007 16:29
How do we get the code. When I got crackdown the guy said to just have the disk and i' ll be able to play the beta when its ready...was I misinformed?
alijay034

RE: Halo 3 beta codes - May 15, 2007 16:36
If you have crackdown, I think you are able to use something in the Options to download the Beta, I am wondering about those of us that got onto the beta by subscribing to certain websites.

Quez have you got yours yet?
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Halo 3 beta codes - May 16, 2007 06:38
Yes, through Crackdown you must have the disc in, and you select it from the Crackdown interface.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Halo 3 beta codes - May 17, 2007 00:49
Yup, it' s this little " Halo 3 Beta" button that' s dimmed out & inaccessable from the menu, or at least it was.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Halo 3 beta codes - May 17, 2007 01:42
I played for 3 hours this morning! HAHAHAHA! It' s actually given me some faith in Bungie again. It' s a damn good beta. I' m really enjoying it.

Btw, they are having problems with the servers that are linked to Crackdown. You guys still have a while to wait. Sorry.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Halo 3 beta codes - May 17, 2007 06:07
Yup we' re waiting alright but I aint gonna cry about it.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Halo 3 beta codes - May 17, 2007 06:09

I played for 3 hours this morning! HAHAHAHA! It' s actually given me some faith in Bungie again. It' s a damn good beta. I' m really enjoying it.

Yup we' re waiting alright but I aint gonna cry about it.

*sniffle* Im not crying, theres just something in my eye *sniffle*
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Halo 3 beta codes - May 17, 2007 06:15
I have to say I really enjoyed it. I found it to far more fun than Halo 2' s multiplayer thanks to better balancing of weapons, the new weapons, and better map layouts.

Graphically it' s still not overly impressive but it has come a long way. I like the rendering system they are using, it give the whole thing a very soft light. Textures vary in quality. MC looks like he could still use some work and the armor doesn' t really look like it' s metal. The Worthog still looks like it' s straight out of Halo 2. Overall it looks pretty good.

I got to try all the maps this morning but the snow level and the one with the wall only showed up once. I was stuck on the other one the rest of the time. The one I played the most felt well made but almost too big unless playing a objective game type. When it was just Team Slayer everyone always just fought in the middle of the map without going anywhere else.

The snow level annoyed the shit outta me. There' s holes all over the place that lead into tunnels and I always lost my sense of direction. I did only play this level once though so I' m sure I' ll get used to it after a few more tries.

The wall level was really cool but had the most chaos. It really forced you into tight areas and there was just mass death at every turn. I really liked the layout and am looking forward to having more time with this map.

I' ll be back on tonight around 7:30pm eastern if you guys manage to get on by then.
alijay034

RE: Halo 3 beta codes - May 17, 2007 06:17
It is a very good beta, if the full version is this and a bit more I will be chuffed, the only gripe is that they allow " bunny hopping" which annoys the hell out of me, they stopped it in MOHAA and CoD but allow it in Halo.
mastachefbkw

RE: Halo 3 beta codes - May 17, 2007 06:36

It is a very good beta

Did you get it from the sign up thing, or is the Crackdown beta working?
alijay034

RE: Halo 3 beta codes - May 17, 2007 08:18
Sign up thing, got my code this morning, and DL it straight away. You still having problems with the Crackdown beta then?
mastachefbkw

RE: Halo 3 beta codes - May 17, 2007 08:28

Sign up thing, got my code this morning, and DL it straight away. You still having problems with the Crackdown beta then?

I havent tried in the past 2 hours, i' ll probably go check now
mastachefbkw

RE: Halo 3 beta codes - May 17, 2007 09:02
No, its still not working yet, but some thing on bungie.net said it would be fixed 3 to 6 hours from now
alijay034

RE: Halo 3 beta codes - May 17, 2007 16:43
Man that sucks, I hope it is all fixed now, if your on there lookout for Bongo034 I am righteously getting my ass handed to me on a plate at the moment (I haven' t played MP since the good old days of MoHAA and CoD on the PC.)
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Halo 3 beta codes - May 17, 2007 17:25
Yup it' s working. Too bad it' ll be at least 12 hours before i get home. I got work and then i have to pick my girlfriend and drop some practice exams off for my brother before i can even think about going home and playing Halo 3. It might even be the weekend before i get to spend any real time with it...
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Halo 3 beta codes - May 18, 2007 04:38
I got to play around with a few matches last night and I like it a lot. The controls are a good mixture of familiarity and expanded functionality, very tight as always. I had to ask people how to get to the settings menu to adjust the look sensitivity, as the menu navigation isn' t so clear. The maps are really well designed. I particularly enjoyed a game of snipers & shotties on Snowbound, which has a good mixture of close-quarters spaces and open areas. I' ve been reading some people saying that the sniper rifles are more challenging now, with less aim assist but I didn' t notice them being markedly more difficult to use. I did get shredded by that suped-up needler, really quickly. Detaching the turret and carrying it around is a cool touch. I' ll try to get back on there later on tonight.
_Ninja_Protocol_

• Total Posts : 212
RE: Halo 3 beta codes - May 18, 2007 05:04
So far I' ll I' ve been able to play has been High Ground. Pretty cool... I already know were most of crap is in that level and, wow, the Beta is amazing. Although, is there a way to fix the " auto centering" . Its ok, but I' d prefer if it wasn' t there...

and how to change the modes... all I' ve been able to play so far is Rumble Pit. Not like I' m complain, cause I' ve won all my matches so far... yes... all two of them.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Halo 3 beta codes - May 18, 2007 05:12
Yeah, the menus are weird. I thought auto-centering was defaulted to " off," but... To toggle the auto centering... press the start button and you' ll see the menu screen where you can basically look at your profile. Press right on the D-Pad and you' ll be able to get to options to adjust auto centering, look sensitivity, and your appearance/logo.

As far as changing the modes, you get to that by the option that is just above the " start matchmaking" option... it' ll take you to a choice between " ranked" and " social" (unranked) games which have submenus in them.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll