Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell?
Change Page: 1234 > | Showing page 1 of 4, messages 1 to 20 of 63
brokawl

• Total Posts : 16
Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 02, 2006 18:56
I like Chaos theory!
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 02, 2006 20:10
Two different styles, im more of a Splinter Cell person, i like Metal Gear also though, but its a bit more like a comic book, i like the realitistic veiws in Splinter Cell games, im looking forward to double agent!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 02, 2006 20:38
Errr, ...SYPHON FILTER...

...or...

TENCHU!!!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 02, 2006 23:01
Umm...
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 03, 2006 02:12
I like them both :)
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 03, 2006 03:55
Umm...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 03, 2006 04:56
They' re both far too different to even compare them, Metal Gear Solid Focuses on alot of concealment. making something big happen, and then sneaking up behind the guy that comes to investigate. it' s fun, but it isn' t very realistic, shooting a dude at point blank in the back of the head with an m9 when a neck snap or knife would suffice (excluding snake eater, that knife was hands-down awesome).

Splinter Cell is more focused on not being detected at all, using shadow more than cover, and keeping people alive. it' s alot more down to earth, and sometimes you want that.

However, going rambo on a group of about 8 russian spetznaz with a carbine is gratifying as always. I' m looking forward to the Next-Gen sequels of both franchises. It' ll be interesting to see if the new ones are more similar to eachother, because of the time they take place, or if they' ve grown more different and original. i' m hoping for the second one.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 03, 2006 08:06
....da...
Rampage99

RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 03, 2006 08:44

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

Umm...

Lol, I' m glad you agree that Splinter Cell is superior
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 03, 2006 09:10
Rampage99 like Splinter cell?! ;)
kingme

• Total Posts : 5
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 03, 2006 12:27
metal gear solid and im gonna have to say i dont think its even close
Boss Hogg

• Total Posts : 299
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 03, 2006 12:49
Splinter Cell. More fun, more realistic and online is awsome. oh and SHORT CUT SCENES!!!
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 03, 2006 15:57

metal gear solid and im gonna have to say i dont think its even close

I guess your entitled to your own opinion, even though a floggin is in proper order. You should atleast argue, they way your statement is now, i think your an idiot!
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 03, 2006 19:51
Its Metal gear solid for me...I mean comeon anything that Hideo kojima touches i just love it....Though i enjoyed Splinter cell...Isnt quite my kinda game...Solid snake is so much cooler than sam fisher...Waiting for MGS4..
Nitro

RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 03, 2006 20:07

Solid snake is so much cooler than sam fisher

Sam could kick Snakes ass!

Damn, Snake wouldn' t even know Sam was there and Sam would just be hanging upside down doing his bat thing and frowning at Snake for ruining his own night vision by smoking on the job. At the opportune moment Fisher would simply grab Snake and snap his neck, then drop him over the side of the ship and call for extraction before the damn thing sinks...

Check out IGN' s Sam Fisher: Bad Ass Mofo article (note that the link provided will take you to part 5 which is the last one, but for some reason they didn' t connect them properly and part 5 is the only one with the links to the other 4 parts)

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/583/583582p1.aspx
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 03, 2006 21:50
Metal Gear Solid any time.
There' s more focus on story and the characters in MGS and the gameplay is really great.
I don' t think Splinter Cell is realistic. First of all, places aren' t as dark in reality as they are in the game, especially not important places like the ones you visit in Splinter Cell. Also, if Sams enemies would actually have a real flashlights he' d be spotted immediately. If Snake uses his thermal googles he' d see Sam quite easy. The Splinter Cell games are still cool though.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 3 Mar 06 13:50:50 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 04, 2006 00:18

but see before snake could see sam with his thermal vision sam would shoot that overhead camera that snake totes around so he' d only be able to look at stuff in first person view. but then Snake would realize that he didn' t need that, and all he had to do was turn off the nvg' s. Wait for that familiar BWEEEEEEEE... sound and look for the triangular light formation in the rafters.

To which sam would reply by throwing down a smoke grenade, and make Snake cough so much from his already tar encrusted lungs, that Sam would be able to turn them off and move...

but then Batman bursts from the shade, and hit Sam & Snake with a bat grenade. Then Sam got P1553d and began to attack, but didn' t expect to be blocked by Shaq, who would proceed to open up a can of Shaq Fu... oh wait, nevermind.

Final Verdict: Chuck Norris would kick both of their scrawny stealth little @553s. hands down, no questions asked.
Nitro

RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 04, 2006 00:47
Hahahahahahaha...

SHAQ!!!

Damn that was funny!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 04, 2006 03:15
one thing allways got me about splinter cell, those 3 bright greens lights on his head .... you might as well bring a nice white flag waveing it about with " I' m here!" printed in bright red. at least snake can hide in the grass and eat frogs with sam eats lead, damn googles.
Rampage99

RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 04, 2006 04:55

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

one thing allways got me about splinter cell, those 3 bright greens lights on his head .... you might as well bring a nice white flag waveing it about with " I' m here!" printed in bright red. at least snake can hide in the grass and eat frogs with sam eats lead, damn googles.

That is the most retarded complaint about the game ever! Why do MGS fans always use that same excuse. Please...

1- The goggles are his trade mark. The three little dots were designed to make Sam a familiar game character.
2- Sam is completely dressed in black. A lot of the time the only way you can see Sam while he is crawling around in the dark is by the glowing goggles and the little thing on his back. If that wasn' t there you' d be moving Sam around aimlessly.
3- If you are going to complain about Sam' s goggles you should also be complaining about Snake running around in a damn box or changing his wardrobe every five seconds when he moves from different surroundings. " He look I' m grass! Oh wait... hey look, I' m bricks!!! Dang it... hey! I' m mud! Damn it... grass again." Snake would be spending too much time changing his clothes to even notice Sam' s goggles. Snake would probably trip putting on his 3rd set of pants if he did notice.
Change Page: 1234 > | Showing page 1 of 4, messages 1 to 20 of 63

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message