Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell?
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 63
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 12, 2006 21:27
I think kojima has shown some interest in the splinter cell series, so maybe some day there might just be some sort of crossover.

Don' t write it of kiddies, in my day SNK vs Capcom would have never happened...
So, something might just happen some day.

Also, my vote is for sc..It' s more realistic.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 12, 2006 23:39

MGS3 - the story starts great and then it goes down and down ....and down untill it reaches the level of " some stupid shit - EPIC edition" .

I have to disagree with you Gangsta, Yes mgs2 was quite confuseing and to this day i still dont fully understand the plot. But Mgs3 was a big improvement, the story, the settings, generally everything was improved apon, i dont know how you could the plot ' some stupid shit' becuase it certainly was very thought out and full of unexpected twists, thats what i love about mgs, the plot. Mgs1 + 3 are the best, thats not say mgs2 is bad, just not up to their standard.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 13, 2006 04:20
There was nothing unexpected for me - except stuff like " The Boss gave birth in Normandy - she was sent there for the D-day - she gave birth month or so after getting there" - can you possibly imagine anyone sending a pregnant woman on a fuckin Omaha Beach aka Hell?

It' s just one of those stupid moments and dumb things that made me laugh.

And there' s more than that I assure you. (Ocelot and snake taking their time to chat ,moments after it' s been said that they' ll crash if one of them won' t be eliminated.../Plane that can' t pull up with 3 persons on it [wasn' t that a transporter?]but can with 2 and so on)

MGS3 story was amazing at the begining - the history background and smooth transition into fiction just kicked ass , the rest is a really nice crap...but still crap.

I have to say that it had a really nice ending too.

Snakes voice however sounded funny- too tough to be real.Some lines in dialog were just retarted.None of this shit happened in Metal Gear Solid 1.

I do respect your take on MGS3 all I said is my opinion and mine alone.

< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 12 Mar 06 20:24:54 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 13, 2006 07:19
Snake Eater wasn' t as good as Snakes tanker mission from MGS2. I love Kojimas work and think he does the best cutscenes ever but Snake Eater just wasn' t all that. I like te game don' t get me wrong, it' s just that the bar was really raised with MGS2 (I HATE RAIDEN!!!!) and Snake Eater didn' t quite live up to the series' name.

Gangsta, Snake from Snake Eater isn' t the same Snake from MGS1, ...it' s Big Boss form MGS2 so his voice had to be different to distinguish between the two. The diaglogue always pisses me off though. Kojima should get Tarantino to write the dialogue instead!!!

I hope Kojima is getting pissed off with Sony keep asking him to do another MGS game. I honestly thing he' s tired with the series now!

As far as the SC vs MGS thing?! No MGS is anywhere near as good as the Xbox version of Chaos Theory (in my opinion the very best game of it' s type). That game is just awesome. The leap from Pandora Tomorrow to Chaos Theory was stunning!

I' m hoping Double Agent is as much an impovement on Chaos Theory as Advanced Warfighter is on GR2 & Summit Strike. Chaos Theory and GR2 are amongst my favourite Xbox games and i think they' re both better than Halo 2...
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 13, 2006 07:27
Well if someone said,MGS4 or Splinter cell 4...i would without doubt take MGS4.
Nitro

RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 13, 2006 07:38
I don' t know dude. We don' t know nearly enough about MGS4 (the way it plays, changes and final graphics) to compare it to anything, ...and if you ARE going to compare it to something the it should be Splinter Cell 5 since that' s what it will ACTUALLY be up against. Double Agent will have been out ages when MGS4 arrives but SC5 should be out by then!!!

So, ...Metal Gear Solid 4 vs Splinter Cell 5?!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 13, 2006 07:56

Gangsta, Snake from Snake Eater isn' t the same Snake from MGS1

Yeah I know , but Solid Snake is his clone so the voice is the same (and it is , but voice acting is kind of ...poor at times)

Big Boss in MGS2? I hope you mean the old one not Sons of Liberty :)

Tarantino? ...I' d rather have Kojima MGS1 version :)

I agree that Snake Eater lowers expectations for MGS4 a bit ...what a waste :)

I' d love to have a game that combines:

-Gameplay from splinter cell but as responsive and accurate as that in MGS - but shooting weapons and killing pople from MGS (FPP View rocks)
-Enemies , AI , Behaviour , Alarms from MGS (I don' t like it when I take out a few guys and can run and play all over the place)
-Story From MGS with cut scenes and all the plot twists (but a good MGS story not like those crappy ones lately)
-Enviroments from MGS1 / MGS2 tanker
-Presentation,music from MGS
-Boss Fights definitely from MGS :)
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 12 Mar 06 23:59:31 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 13, 2006 08:03
I hope to god these voices by people pretending to be from other countries are not in SC anymore,why cant they hire real people from those countries?
Nitro

RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 13, 2006 21:59
Yeah Metal Gear 2. He was supposed to be dea but he' s in the concept art for MGS4...

Sony should have just asked Kojima for an entirely new IP!
JoeRediferIsCool

• Total Posts : 74
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 15, 2006 04:20
i personally like the mgs games in paticular ESPECIALLY twin snakes for gamcube. ANY of them is good. i like going into the first person and sniping the peeps in the back of the head with the pistol from like yards away but what gets me most is the diaolgue. i love reading that stuff it fleshes out the story so well, sometimes i may even get my brother to come and watch (the dialogue in MGS2 was just creepy at the end of the game). The cutscenes just make it worthwhile. SPlinter Cell is good and all but ive never been a fan of like ultra uber graphics and realism. MGS' are just a wonderful experience.

(hopefully i dont look like a fan boy)
Nitro

RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 15, 2006 04:36
JoeRediferIsCool???!!!

Erm, ...ok then!

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 15, 2006 05:45

i personally like the mgs games in paticular ESPECIALLY twin snakes for gamcube

Twin Snakes could have been an excellent game if it had been released on the Playstation 2 and on the Gamecube. Not because gamecube sucks or anything, i have many cube games, but it' s the control scheme. there' s no pressure sensitivity on the gamecube controller, which is a shame, because it prevents you from drawing and putting away a weapon without discharging whatever it is, at least not without thorough button research. thus becoming a good game, as opposed to a phenominal one, and the whole rocket-jumping thing was way too matrix (people who have played the original know what i' m talking about.)

And just as a sidenote, uh, dude, unless you know Joe Redifer personally, and there' s some extenuating circumstance i dont know about, then I suggest you change your name kind of now-ish, if you ever want to be respected in the kikizo community. That' s just a little too man crush-y to be respectable, plus, it' s a little creepy too.[:' (]
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 15, 2006 06:25
For a second I though it really was Joe... until I saw the post count that was.

All I can say that it' s oddly bizarre and quite freaky really.

Joe Redifer is the reason why i joined this forum cuz hes so cool

Saw this in the profile. Ummmm, restraining order anyone?
< Message edited by kyo.k -- 14 Mar 06 22:27:22 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 15, 2006 06:40
Dont worry guys, he' s cool, we have met him before.
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 15, 2006 06:58
Have you now

I just thought the whole thing was quite funny, and weird at the same time.
Nitro

RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 15, 2006 08:28
You gotta wonder what Joe thought when he first saw it...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Apr 17, 2006 09:35
really, okay silentbomber, i feel so much better about the world around me now.
QuezcatoL

RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Apr 17, 2006 09:37
Well...
MGS tends to be cheesy with its dialog or characters.
But the story is so much cooler then anything SC has to offer.
But then again SC feels realistic while MGS never does it...
OFC with mgs4 that might change.
And yes i would put in MGS as one of the best games i ever played while SC not,so dont get me wrong,im not bashing on the serie.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Apr 17, 2006 10:20
Uh oh, joe' s stalker returns!!!!
Nitro

RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Apr 17, 2006 10:24
MGS was great in virtually every respect. The codec scenes were interesting enough and the story wasn' t like a bad soap opera it was actually very cool.

MGS2 started off VERY well, the tanker mission with Snake was sublime and again it made sense. The Big Shell section was passable, but got wierd and over the top the further you got in, ...the Arsenal Gear part was rubbish!

MGS3 was bad. Some interesting gameplay enhancements weren' t enough to save it from a stupid storyline, the worst dialogue in the series and general naff humour.

The cutscenes are always well done but Kojima would have stopped directing the games ages ago if Sony weren' t paying him shitloads to continue doing them. His boredom with the series is obvious.

Splinter Cell on the otherhand keeps things down to earth, with plausable plotlines, excellent dialogue, but rubbish cutscenes.

I adore the Splinter Cell games, and the multiplayer components that started with Pandora Tomorrow and came back much improved in Chaos Theory are a work of art, requiring REAL skill.

When MGS was released it was all about stealth, something Kojima pushed quite hard, ...but when Splinter Cell turned up and kicked both Tenchu and the Metal Gear games in the teeth, essentially beating them at their own game (pun intended), MGS was no longer about stealth but rather dynamic well thought out stories and repetative boss fights.

I have tons of respect for Kojima, i think he' s a great artist, ...but i' d much rather see him turn his talents towards anime than any more MGS games!
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 63

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message