Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell?

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 63
brokawl
  • Total Posts : 16
  • Reward points : 0
Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 02, 2006 18:56
I like Chaos theory!

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 02, 2006 20:10
Two different styles, im more of a Splinter Cell person, i like Metal Gear also though, but its a bit more like a comic book, i like the realitistic veiws in Splinter Cell games, im looking forward to double agent!

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 02, 2006 20:38
Errr, ...SYPHON FILTER...

...or...

TENCHU!!!

Rampage99
  • Total Posts : 3161
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 02, 2006 23:01
Umm...
XBL Gamertag: Rampage99

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 03, 2006 02:12
I like them both :)
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 03, 2006 03:55
Umm...
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 03, 2006 04:56
They' re both far too different to even compare them, Metal Gear Solid Focuses on alot of concealment. making something big happen, and then sneaking up behind the guy that comes to investigate. it' s fun, but it isn' t very realistic, shooting a dude at point blank in the back of the head with an m9 when a neck snap or knife would suffice (excluding snake eater, that knife was hands-down awesome).

Splinter Cell is more focused on not being detected at all, using shadow more than cover, and keeping people alive. it' s alot more down to earth, and sometimes you want that.

However, going rambo on a group of about 8 russian spetznaz with a carbine is gratifying as always. I' m looking forward to the Next-Gen sequels of both franchises. It' ll be interesting to see if the new ones are more similar to eachother, because of the time they take place, or if they' ve grown more different and original. i' m hoping for the second one.

Bishonen
  • Total Posts : 1718
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 03, 2006 08:06
....da...
Currently accepting Article & Review requests

Rampage99
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 03, 2006 08:44

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

Umm...

Lol, I' m glad you agree that Splinter Cell is superior

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

QuezcatoL
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 03, 2006 09:10
Rampage99 like Splinter cell?! ;)

kingme
  • Total Posts : 5
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 03, 2006 12:27
metal gear solid and im gonna have to say i dont think its even close

Boss Hogg
  • Total Posts : 299
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 03, 2006 12:49
Splinter Cell. More fun, more realistic and online is awsome. oh and SHORT CUT SCENES!!!

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 03, 2006 15:57

metal gear solid and im gonna have to say i dont think its even close

I guess your entitled to your own opinion, even though a floggin is in proper order. You should atleast argue, they way your statement is now, i think your an idiot!

2pac
  • Total Posts : 1032
  • Reward points : 6490
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 03, 2006 19:51
Its Metal gear solid for me...I mean comeon anything that Hideo kojima touches i just love it....Though i enjoyed Splinter cell...Isnt quite my kinda game...Solid snake is so much cooler than sam fisher...Waiting for MGS4..

Nitro
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 03, 2006 20:07

Solid snake is so much cooler than sam fisher

Sam could kick Snakes ass!

Damn, Snake wouldn' t even know Sam was there and Sam would just be hanging upside down doing his bat thing and frowning at Snake for ruining his own night vision by smoking on the job. At the opportune moment Fisher would simply grab Snake and snap his neck, then drop him over the side of the ship and call for extraction before the damn thing sinks...

Check out IGN' s Sam Fisher: Bad Ass Mofo article (note that the link provided will take you to part 5 which is the last one, but for some reason they didn' t connect them properly and part 5 is the only one with the links to the other 4 parts)

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/583/583582p1.aspx

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 03, 2006 21:50
Metal Gear Solid any time.
There' s more focus on story and the characters in MGS and the gameplay is really great.
I don' t think Splinter Cell is realistic. First of all, places aren' t as dark in reality as they are in the game, especially not important places like the ones you visit in Splinter Cell. Also, if Sams enemies would actually have a real flashlights he' d be spotted immediately. If Snake uses his thermal googles he' d see Sam quite easy. The Splinter Cell games are still cool though.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 3 Mar 06 13:50:50 >

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 04, 2006 00:18

but see before snake could see sam with his thermal vision sam would shoot that overhead camera that snake totes around so he' d only be able to look at stuff in first person view. but then Snake would realize that he didn' t need that, and all he had to do was turn off the nvg' s. Wait for that familiar BWEEEEEEEE... sound and look for the triangular light formation in the rafters.

To which sam would reply by throwing down a smoke grenade, and make Snake cough so much from his already tar encrusted lungs, that Sam would be able to turn them off and move...

but then Batman bursts from the shade, and hit Sam & Snake with a bat grenade. Then Sam got P1553d and began to attack, but didn' t expect to be blocked by Shaq, who would proceed to open up a can of Shaq Fu... oh wait, nevermind.

Final Verdict: Chuck Norris would kick both of their scrawny stealth little @553s. hands down, no questions asked.

Nitro
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 04, 2006 00:47
Hahahahahahaha...

SHAQ!!!

Damn that was funny!

Silentbomber
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 04, 2006 03:15
one thing allways got me about splinter cell, those 3 bright greens lights on his head .... you might as well bring a nice white flag waveing it about with " I' m here!" printed in bright red. at least snake can hide in the grass and eat frogs with sam eats lead, damn googles.

Rampage99
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 04, 2006 04:55

one thing allways got me about splinter cell, those 3 bright greens lights on his head .... you might as well bring a nice white flag waveing it about with " I' m here!" printed in bright red. at least snake can hide in the grass and eat frogs with sam eats lead, damn googles.

That is the most retarded complaint about the game ever! Why do MGS fans always use that same excuse. Please...

1- The goggles are his trade mark. The three little dots were designed to make Sam a familiar game character.
2- Sam is completely dressed in black. A lot of the time the only way you can see Sam while he is crawling around in the dark is by the glowing goggles and the little thing on his back. If that wasn' t there you' d be moving Sam around aimlessly.
3- If you are going to complain about Sam' s goggles you should also be complaining about Snake running around in a damn box or changing his wardrobe every five seconds when he moves from different surroundings. " He look I' m grass! Oh wait... hey look, I' m bricks!!! Dang it... hey! I' m mud! Damn it... grass again." Snake would be spending too much time changing his clothes to even notice Sam' s goggles. Snake would probably trip putting on his 3rd set of pants if he did notice.

Silentbomber
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 04, 2006 05:09
yes, because for a game that relys dark shadows and hideing so much, those lights are just a dead give away, alltough its a trademark and would be stupid to get rid of them, [Double Agent?] it still bugs me.

True, ture to all those comments about mgs, i am certainly not stupid enough to fall for the box trick. I really wish they wouls stop hireing the retarded Merks.

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 04, 2006 06:25
I just knew rampage will be here with some anit snake stuff :)

I have to say as much as I would never say it' s a flaw (those 3 lights) - it sometimes feels strange - I guess it' s because this game is so heavy on realism and MGS isn' t.

I' m pretty sure that snake would win since no laws of physics apply to him and his gadgets are more sci-fi (plus he can use slow motion in cut-scenes )

check >>THIS<< out if you haven' t seen it - it' s been posted on EE forums and it' s fuckin awesome :)

< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 3 Mar 06 22:27:21 >

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 04, 2006 06:57
i didn' t know it' s about who' s gonna beat who lol but anyway

i think that SNake is a waaay cooler character than sam fisher and specialy specialy THE original snake on PSone, that snake was just fu***g awesome, the best don' t you think??

as for cut scenes , well metal gear is beter that' s for sure , the story as well .

Graphics of course, splinter cell is better , the animation of sam' s is better as well, i was very impressed of how SAm move, i guess ubisoft know a lot about these stuff , may be since prince of persia..

anyway the overall , i prefer metal gear solid by far, just see the huge fanbase of this game, the impact from a trailer of splinter cell is not comparable at all to a trailer from metal gear solid , you know ... how the press talk about it and people too right ? that could say something i guess...

Double Agent sound and look promising , i hope i won' t be disapointed and please work on these cut scenes , i want them in game and well done a la hollywood!!

QuezcatoL
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 04, 2006 07:05
Aye MGS has the boxes,Sam has the giant green googles-

In this new SC title it looks like Sam doesnt gonna wear them all to often though...

uumai
  • Total Posts : 1363
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 04, 2006 07:33
It was always funny how sam wouldn' t get seen with those lights
I prefer MGS for it is more stylish and cool though SC had the nicer gfx
NiGHTS into Dreamcast

Silentbomber
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 05, 2006 03:37
mgs made fun of Splinter cell in the e3 movie for mgs4, where snake came in dressed like Sam Fisher [the 3 lights on his head anyway], i loved the hear the laugh from the crowd.

Hidemoto
  • Total Posts : 311
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 05, 2006 04:27
Splinter cell or Metal Gear?...i like Barbie´s horse adventure best

Anyway...i really enjoy them both... They are like opposing sides of the same coin...so when i want real life-like entertainment i play splinter cell ...when i want epic-like entertainment i play Metal Gear

But i still say that Barbie would kick both Sam and Snake´s asses

]GaNgStA[
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 05, 2006 17:49

Anyway...i really enjoy them both... They are like opposing sides of the same coin...so when i want real life-like entertainment i play splinter cell ...when i want epic-like entertainment i play Metal Gear

Yeah, I think it' s the best way to describe both titles

Marink
  • Total Posts : 884
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 05, 2006 19:38
I think Hitman would probably be more comparable with the Metal Gear Solid franchise. Not that I' ve played much of either of the three. I suck at stealth games...

ginjirou
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 06, 2006 04:03
All the mentioned games are good. Splinter Cell, Metal Gear Solid, Syphon Filter and Hitman, even Tenchu. And they' re different enough to all be worth playing. Oh, by the way, Headhunter is really cool to. Jack (or whatever his name was... ?) could kick anyones ass with his super cool shades and his bike.

Hidemoto
  • Total Posts : 311
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 06, 2006 05:36

Oh, by the way, Headhunter is really cool to. Jack (or whatever his name was... ?) could kick anyones ass with his super cool shades and his bike.

Yeah...i almost forgot Headhunter...the main character really looked like Chuck Norris...haha...it was great

Rampage99
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 06, 2006 08:37

mgs made fun of Splinter cell in the e3 movie for mgs4, where snake came in dressed like Sam Fisher [the 3 lights on his head anyway], i loved the hear the laugh from the crowd.

Actually it wasn' t making fun of Splinter Cell or Sam. Hideo Kojima is actually a big fan of Splinter Cell. He wasn' t doing it to put down SC it was just funny to see Snake dressed up as his gaming rival.

ginjirou
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 06, 2006 22:52
Now they' re rivals?

Rampage99
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 06, 2006 23:30
Gaming rivals. If they weren' t why would this thread be here?

ginjirou
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 07, 2006 01:54

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

Gaming rivals. If they weren' t why would this thread be here?

Stupidity? I don' t know. I like them both and it seems most here do to. It' s hard to compare since I think they focus on different things.
Rivals like Tekken and Virtua Fighter are much easier to discuss as they are more similar in gameplay. I barely consider SC and MGS to be in the same genre.

QuezcatoL
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 07, 2006 01:57
kojima made Sam make 100000000 decibels and having enormus green googles that showed him off in the dark.
In his trailer for mgs4 at e3,and he thought it was funny...
Remember Driver and GTA? they did the same thing,using each others characters in their games.

Silentbomber
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 07, 2006 04:05

Remember Driver and GTA? they did the same thing,using each others characters in their games.

ah yes, " This is No vice City" in the mgs3 e3 video, heck most of kojima' s movies are a little odd.

]GaNgStA[
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 09, 2006 06:20
Same goes for his games ...MGS1 was amazing - all characters were believable and had a deep background , the story was perfect and the way it was told was just amazing.MGS2 was great (with silly animations of Snake/Raiden for that time) but later in the game the story was shit , ending was just ...stupid and kinda forced and then there was Raiden...
MGS3 - the story starts great and then it goes down and down ....and down untill it reaches the level of " some stupid shit - EPIC edition" .
Animation hurts this game even more (by now everyone saw how Sam Fisher walks).Bosses? So lame , nothing speciall about them - just a stupid freakshow.
Snake' s voice is also stupid in Snake Eater - it sounds like Hayter was trying to sound too tough.

It' s not that big of a shock since Kojima never wanted to make those games - He says " that' s my last MGS" all the time.

I was terribly dissapointed with MGS3 (even though I' ve been playing it nonstop for 2 days and would rate it as a very good game)

I no longer expect great things from MGS4 ...let' s just hope it turns out to be at least very good.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 8 Mar 06 22:22:11 >

Rampage99
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 09, 2006 13:29
I like your breakdown Gangsta. I consider the original MGS to be one of may favorite games of all time. That game was incredible but after that the games just slipped.

]GaNgStA[
RE: Which is better-Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell? - Mar 09, 2006 17:10
It' s a shame that MGS Twin Snakes wasn' t a decent remake.
I think they should try again on next gen - Afterall, we' re talking about a game that inspired Spielberg to make a sniper Vs sniper duel in Saving Private Ryan , Guys from Ubisoft to make Splinter Cell and probably many others who didn' t say so officially.

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 63