Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Socom II, anyone?
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
Socom II, anyone? - Jun 13, 2004 01:14
I didn' t find any threads about Socom on here, so I figured most of you don' t play. But, if you do, what is your name?

I am playing on GenitalFungus now, so if you see me around, say what' s up and maybe I' ll let you get in a few shots before taking your face off

Or anyone have anything to say about how much they hate this game? Sometimes it pisses me off and I have to take a break from it.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Socom II, anyone? - Jun 13, 2004 04:01
If broadband adapters for the PS2 weren' t 40 bucks I' d probably have a couple online games by now.
konrad

• Total Posts : 431
RE: Socom II, anyone? - Jun 13, 2004 04:12
I was gonna get the adapter and all, but i had second thoughts and got live. I still may get it though. Is it worth the 40$ for the adapter? plau $ for mic/keyboard?
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Socom II, anyone? - Jun 13, 2004 04:58
I really didn' t know the NA was still $40, I was thinking they lowered the price. Maybe they haven' t. As far as a mouse/keyboard goes, if you have a USB one you can hook it up to the front of the PS2. If not you can get a PS/2 to USB adapter.

I don' t have LIVE, but from what I hear it' s a great system for online gaming. In your case, i don' t know that I would recommend getting the NA. The only advantage to having it is that there is no subscription since it is up to the developers to come up with their own online systems.

Anyone who has the NA for their ps2 but doesn' t play Socom II, I would highly recommend it. I play a lot of online shooters, and none of them have held my attention for such long periods of time. I could literally play the game for 10 hours a day if there wasn' t a real world around me.

*edit:: Oh, and as far as the mic goes, any USB headset will work in the ps2, I am still using the one that came with Socom I. I' m not sure what the xbox headset is like, but I would assume that if it is USB it will work in your playstation
< Message edited by PS2Poodoo -- 6/13/2004 4:59:44 AM >
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Socom II, anyone? - Jun 13, 2004 15:46
no, it is not USB, it plugs into the controller.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll