Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 If sega comes back, how do you want them to come back?
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 54
hector

• Total Posts : 16
If sega comes back, how do you want them to come back? - Nov 06, 2006 23:07
I am a massive fan of all that has sega written on it, and therefor i am very sad to see them without a console for some years now.

I think i know how to put sega back on top.
All they have to do is:
Build a top console with top specs and a hard-disk, and have a 3rd party software developer (bleem perhaps) make a nice piece of software to emulate all consoles of the last few generations.

This piece of software can be installed on the hard-disk, and it automatically detects what kind of disk is in the drive, and then emulate the required console.
It would then be able to play playstation, playstation 2, xbox, gamecube, dreamcast and saturn games plus it' s own line of games

Wouldn' t that be cool?!!!!??

Any other idea' s here?
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: If sega comes back, how do you want them to come back? - Nov 06, 2006 23:10
after the new sonic games.... I hope sega never comes back
hector

RE: If sega comes back, how do you want them to come back? - Nov 06, 2006 23:17
Sega is more then just sonic.
And by the way, you propably say that because you think you are to old to play sonic.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: If sega comes back, how do you want them to come back? - Nov 06, 2006 23:29
Sega are too far gone now, The DC was some of their finest work - but they just dont exist in the same context anymore. They introduced me to videogames over home computers, but it' s with a teary eye I state that I think they are gone...

If they were to come back I' d want the megadrive or dreamcast SEGA back. Who fought hard for europe and made the UK a stronghold for the MD against all odds. Funny though, most of those megadrive owners became Sony' s PSX adopters.

They were true genius - stumbling occasionally, but they knew where they wanted to go. Nowadays - they just seem, well, like they are sleeping around for as much $$' s as possible. Don' t get me wrong, other companies do this with flair and taste - high class hookers if you will - like Capcom, but SEGA, my favorite game company in the world are almost robbing us of their heritage and inheritance with their current market stances.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: If sega comes back, how do you want them to come back? - Nov 06, 2006 23:47
SEGA haven' t been the same since Sammy took them over. A new SEGA console would suck.
JalleNalle

• Total Posts : 191
RE: If sega comes back, how do you want them to come back? - Nov 07, 2006 00:09

Build a top console with top specs and a hard-disk, and have a 3rd party software developer (bleem perhaps) make a nice piece of software to emulate all consoles of the last few generations.

Ofcourse! You' re right, that' s all they have to do! Why don' t they just make the best console ever =(((((?

And the best sega game EVER is the first House of the Dead game, scared me shitless.. Sonic is overrated, but he was best 2d, I think you all have to agree on that.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: If sega comes back, how do you want them to come back? - Nov 07, 2006 00:41

have a 3rd party software developer (bleem perhaps) make a nice piece of software to emulate all consoles of the last few generations.

Great!!! after they get out of prison for breaking copyright on the other console developers IP' s we can all wonder how it all went so wrong.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: If sega comes back, how do you want them to come back? - Nov 07, 2006 02:54

This piece of software can be installed on the hard-disk, and it automatically detects what kind of disk is in the drive, and then emulate the required console.
It would then be able to play playstation, playstation 2, xbox, gamecube, dreamcast and saturn games plus it' s own line of games

Wouldn' t that be cool?!!!!??

Any other idea' s here?

You' re joking right?
_Ninja_Protocol_

• Total Posts : 212
RE: If sega comes back, how do you want them to come back? - Nov 07, 2006 03:03

You' re joking right?

Be nice, he' s new to the group.

I think the market is too small to have 4 systems out on the market.

Plus there would be a couple less third party games since Sega would certainly try to buy up a 3rd party game, like Assasin' s Creed.

Generally, I don' t think another major competitor would survive or even help the market out in any, way, shape or form.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: If sega comes back, how do you want them to come back? - Nov 07, 2006 03:14
I don' t flame, you all know that. So I' ll explain why I posted that towards him if it makes you feel any better.

-You can' t emulate other companies games
-It' s illegal
-Sega has gone downhill since it' s glory days, not just as a hardware/software designer, but as a company itself
-That would mean that they' d cancel any good Sega games that benefit from good graphics/gameplay on the PSThWii60.

Make sense?
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: If sega comes back, how do you want them to come back? - Nov 07, 2006 05:38
Sega just needs to get back to what made them so appreciated in the arcades in the 80s... the fastest, most exhilarating and graphically amazing games.

I' d appreciate it if they' d also just make all their titles available on all consoles. I think they have just made weird choices about what' s exclusive to what.
hector

RE: If sega comes back, how do you want them to come back? - Nov 07, 2006 16:12
Sega would legally have nothing to do with the software emulating the other consoles, it can be made by a third party and distributed for free over the web.

Did the bleem guys ever serve any time?
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: If sega comes back, how do you want them to come back? - Nov 07, 2006 18:41

ORIGINAL: hector

Sega would legally have nothing to do with the software emulating the other consoles, it can be made by a third party and distributed for free over the web.

Did the bleem guys ever serve any time?

No, instead they got a ton of lawsuits from Sony that eventually forced them out of business. Get the picture? If Sega provided and/or endorsed a means for emulation capabilities on their console, they would be sued into oblivion.
hector

RE: If sega comes back, how do you want them to come back? - Nov 07, 2006 21:14
You can emulate a dreamcast on the xbox.
This was never microsofts intention, but still you can.

This is because a THIRD PARTY developed the software for the emulation.

I bet it is possible to make an emulator to emulate the psx/1 and ps2 on the xbox360.

If someone did, nobody is gonna sue microsoft.
hector

RE: If sega comes back, how do you want them to come back? - Nov 07, 2006 21:17
And if they make the console run on open-source software, everyone can make an emulator.
That way sony wouldn' t even know who to sue.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: If sega comes back, how do you want them to come back? - Nov 07, 2006 22:19

Sega is more then just sonic.
And by the way, you propably say that because you think you are to old to play sonic.

No i say that because the sonic series is crap now. I would play Sonic adventure anyday, but sonic heroes? The new sonic game? why sega what did we ever do to you?
hector

RE: If sega comes back, how do you want them to come back? - Nov 07, 2006 23:42
Yes you are so right about that, but then again, you try making a new game around an action-figure used a thousand times before.

Movies like the matrix will eventually get boring if there where 8 versions.

Why does nobody make a good 2d game anymore.
JalleNalle

• Total Posts : 191
RE: If sega comes back, how do you want them to come back? - Nov 08, 2006 02:30

Why does nobody make a good 2d game anymore.

Because noone would buy it. Face it, the 2d generation is gone and games like Gears Of War and MGS4 are here to prove it! Also, I think it would be nothing short of a sacrilege to try to make a 2d classic as good as the old ones. 2d games like Sonic are sacred and not to be touched, ever again!
< Message edited by JalleNalle -- 7 Nov 06 18:31:21 >
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: If sega comes back, how do you want them to come back? - Nov 08, 2006 02:46

Because noone would buy it. Face it, the 2d generation is gone and games like Gears Of War and MGS4 are here to prove it! Also, I think it would be nothing short of a sacrilege to try to make a 2d classic as good as the old ones. 2d games like Sonic are sacred and not to be touched, ever again!

Amen to that, quit messing with the classics (PacMan, Mario, Sonic)
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: If sega comes back, how do you want them to come back? - Nov 08, 2006 09:21

You can emulate a dreamcast on the xbox.
This was never microsofts intention, but still you can.

This is because a THIRD PARTY developed the software for the emulation.

I bet it is possible to make an emulator to emulate the psx/1 and ps2 on the xbox360.

If someone did, nobody is gonna sue microsoft.

And if they make the console run on open-source software, everyone can make an emulator.
That way sony wouldn' t even know who to sue.

Homebrew for the Xbox is illegal. You' re circumventing security systems that you' re not allowed to touch (read the EULA) and most of the homebrew is made using a leaked XDK (Xbox development kit) which again is highly illegal. Microsoft in no way endorses Xbox hacking or homebrew and if they could, they' d sue every one who did it.

If Sega made a console that ran open source software, they' d have to monitor it strictly, or else they would be sued because they' re providing a means and place for potentially illegal activities. Just like if I started to provide links for ISO' s of PS2 DVD' s on these forums, and Kikizo did nothing about it, they' d be liable for the lawsuit because they' re providing a place for illegal activities, because they aren' t stopping it.

This means Sega would either have to put security systems in place, or they' d have to monitor what software is made available. This would mean NO emulators for systems other than their own.

Another point is that by including emulation capabilities for every other console in their own, Sega is killing off potential sales for other companies and again would be sued for trademark issues.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 54

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message