Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wheel of Time
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Wheel of Time - Mar 14, 2006 21:24
So im reading this fantasy series called the wheel of time, by robert jordan, its a great series, and im currently on the 11th book in the seires which is called Knife of Dreams, is anyone in these forums a " fan" or reader?

It compares to Lord of the Rings in a way, i find it a lot better though!
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Wheel of Time - Mar 15, 2006 01:53
You are a lier Vxchemical. I' ve read the Wheel of Time up until book 9, and then just couldn' t handle it anymore. It' s utter crap. The first 4 books however are VERY good. Too bad nothing happens in the next 5. Jordan forgot how to tell a story, and simply writes words on paper now. He' d be better writing an encyclopedia. I hope he' s not your favorite author, cause I don' t want to insult you too much! I' ve read piles of fantasy, and here' s a few I can gaurantee you' ll like, and are ALL much better than Jordan:

Assasin' s Apprentice, Assasins Quest, Royal Assasin - Robin HObb (amazing)
Tawney Man trilogy - Robin Hobb (sequel to origianl trilogy, just as good)

A song of Ice and Fire series by George RR Martin (currently 4 books out, considered by many to be the best fantasy out there)

Kingdom of Thorn and Bone by Greg Keyes (Briar King is the first book, and these are amazing, similar to the George RR Martin stuff)

Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind (a little pretentious like Jordan, the first 6 of the 9 are definelty the best, but it' s picking up again)

Give em a try, you won' t be dissapointed.
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Wheel of Time - Mar 15, 2006 06:27
I don' t read fantasy, I' m more of a sci fi guy.
Vx Chemical

RE: Wheel of Time - Mar 15, 2006 17:24
8 and 9 are a bit boring. bu things are really picking up again now. you should retry and read 10 and 11 Mxpx!!
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Wheel of Time - Mar 15, 2006 22:51
I did. I couldn' t handle it. Trust me, venture into those other authors and you' ll see what a sham Jordan is. There' s a reason he' s made light of so much amongst readers. It sucks cause I want to know how it ends, but I' m not going to support his garbage anymore. Lucky for me there are tonnes of people posting chapter reviews so we can find out the end to the story without reading the damn books.
Vx Chemical

RE: Wheel of Time - Mar 15, 2006 23:07
Iv read other books as well, though none of the ones you write about. book 11 is really the best since book 5 or so.

Have you read Death of the Necromancer by Martha Wells? its really good!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll