Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 ps3 price. will it be worth it?
Change Page: 12345678 > | Showing page 1 of 8, messages 1 to 20 of 144
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 17, 2006 04:02
i' ve heard $420 i' ve heard $450 and i' ve heard $499, what does everyone here think? Myself, i think it will be worth 400 maybe 450, two months after release date but i wouldn' t buy it for myself for 500, the only reason i' m willing to cough up the chump change for the ps3 is so i can promptly sell it for x2 that on ebay. PS. i feel like a total l\l00B just asking this, but do you have to have a high-def tv to play high def games? i dont think so but i have to be sure (I can hear the cocking firearms and angry townsfolk in the distance already)
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 17, 2006 04:17
Yes you do need a HD tv to play HD games, unless you want to play on ur pc monitor.

I think the 500$ pricetag, will be worth it, to sony fans, im not going to buy it for that, im not sure i can ever afford it, when i have to buy games for my 360 and my Revo.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 17, 2006 04:25
It' ll be worth it just for the tremendous flood of 3rd party support.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 17, 2006 04:45
You be able to play EVERY PS3 game on your standard definition TV. What games will exist for the PS3? Crime games with rappers. I can' t wait!

Every single generation that Sony has been in, the library for the system they have available has always been, by far, the least impressive of what' s available. I hate what Sony' s doing for games. They' re making them so... generic.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 17 Jan 06 12:46:26 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 17, 2006 05:08

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

You be able to play EVERY PS3 game on your standard definition TV. What games will exist for the PS3? Crime games with rappers. I can' t wait!

Every single generation that Sony has been in, the library for the system they have available has always been, by far, the least impressive of what' s available. I hate what Sony' s doing for games. They' re making them so... generic.

Agreed whole heartedly!!! Nintendo is the saviour of the gaming generation!!!

$500 is way too high, and the games are likely to cost more too, probably another $10 on 360' s prices.

Blu-Ray players are going to cost loads, and Sony said it would be expensive. Stupid, " ..work more hours.." shit, i think it' s been sad so far. I can' t see how they still can expect people to believe it' ll launch before the end of June. It' s obviously going to miss Spring 2006 for all territories!

Sony are completely losing it!
Vx Chemical

RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 17, 2006 05:22
DIE SONY DIE

Constructive i know!

Well maybe not!
< Message edited by vx chemical -- 17 Jan 06 13:24:01 >
Nitro

RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 17, 2006 05:33

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

DIE SONY DIE

Constructive i know!

Well maybe not!

LOL!!!

They' re doing nothing right at the moment. But still, if VF5 is a launch title and exclusive to PS3 (which i doubt) then i' ll pay whatever they ask.

I' m more annoyed by the fact that they are going to stop pre-owned games by having the machine burn to the disc so that it can obly be read on the 1st machine that it' s played in! That' s just pathetic!
Vx Chemical

RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 17, 2006 05:37
they denied it after the rumor surfaced, i wrote about it in the other thred, blu-ray vs HD-dvd
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 17, 2006 05:44
WE' ve got to start listing what currency we' re talking about here when talking price. 400 or 500 canadian, yay!!!! 400 or 500 pounds, boooooooooo. I still think it will be minimum of 500 American (about 575 Canadian, but they' ll charge us 599, and the UK will probably have to pay 400 pounds, easily the biggest rip off). At those prices I don' t think it will be worth it. Unless of course if you want to jump hardcore into BlueRay movies right away, me, I' ll stick with my DVD' s for a while. At that price too, it just WON" T sell good. That is TOOOO expensive to fly off the shelves, especially with the price drop the 360 will have, and the cheap price of the revolution.
Nitro

RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 17, 2006 05:45

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

they denied it after the rumor surfaced, i wrote about it in the other thred, blu-ray vs HD-dvd

I know and i replied, i won' t repeat it here but look at Sony Music and the DRM scandal...
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 17 Jan 06 13:46:33 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 17, 2006 05:58

so your saying the most orginal games realsed this year are ' generic' ? what about Shadow of the closis? god of war? okami? [which isnt out yet but is going to be good] Frenhient? We Love Katamri Damacy? Dragon Quest 8? Guitar hero?

I can see where you are coming from, burnout revenge was a disapointment for me and i still think takedown is better. This Generic of racer,fps,rts topping the charts is generic, but often the best games dont even make the charts.

btw, the ps3 is going to cost about ONE BILLION yen. yeah, thats alot of yen.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 17, 2006 05:59
I' m definitely gonna try to get a PS3 whenever its released...

With Gradius 6 already announced for it, do I have a choice in the matter? Hell NO!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 17 Jan 06 14:00:18 >
Nitro

RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 17, 2006 06:05

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

so your saying the most orginal games realsed this year are ' generic' ? what about Shadow of the closis? god of war? okami? [which isnt out yet but is going to be good] Frenhient? We Love Katamri Damacy? Dragon Quest 8? Guitar hero?

I can see where you are coming from, burnout revenge was a disapointment for me and i still think takedown is better. This Generic of racer,fps,rts topping the charts is generic, but often the best games dont even make the charts.

btw, the ps3 is going to cost about ONE BILLION yen. yeah, thats alot of yen.

What are Shadow of Closis and Frenhient?!

Joes point is extremely valid, there' s a serious lack of originalilty when compared to the competition. I mean, another GTA is headed to PS2 along with Bully, and no doubt there will be more free roaming sandbox GTA style games before the console is succeeded!

Playing PS2 games feels like playing Playstation games all over again, abeit with much better graphics and stuff. It just feels the same, and depending on who you ask that' s either a very good or very bad thing. Classic games these days are few and far apart, yknow, games that will stand the test of time...
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 17, 2006 07:35
majikdra6on, you sure are a sony hater but sony and a lot of people don' t give a damn to what you say , and guess what me too

sony is bad , sony destroyed games , sony is a bitch , sony release generic or whatever nya nya nya nya nya you people are weirdos believe it or not

fuck sega and what they did with their dreamcast, i don' t give a fuck to the reason all i know is that developer when i bought its console (dreamcast), they gave up on me, they just retired from the market and left me

what about dreamcast games, 95% are arcad ports and games that you would enjoy only with friends... beuuuuuuuuuuuuuurk and i owned 80% of DC library, the rest is crap or jap.

nintendo hohohohoho the big joke , now this company is a big joke " lately" , well except for the controler , look at n64, how many stupide aaaaaaargh things they did , very poor support of 3rd parties : reaosn number 1 , their cartidage or whatever you call it. then of course their total refusal at teh very begining of mature games..

with gamecube it' s still not worth it, it' s a lot better than n64 era but it' s still poor, most of the good games on this console are multiplatform...

xbox, what microsoft did to this industry anyway ?? yes they brought xbox live and then what?? hun?? what ?? if i have a pc and a ps2 and i won' t give a look to the x box except for few titles ( hehe like 5 titles or something )...

so you' re all bitching about sony, sony die sony screw you but thanks to that very company, gaming are what they are today and they are mainstream, the dream of so many gamers, now you can stay cool if you tell you' re girlfriend i' m gonna play a game, well you know what i' m talking about...

and of course to the one who said ps2 library is crap, it' s the best library ever, ever ever.... of course there are a lot and lof of crap games , but tehire are as well very good games , good games...

stop bitching, i' m sure that if sega was here today and it' s was doing what it was doing in dreamcast, you' ll see a lot of haters.... damn you sega, you did good when you' re no more a console manufacturer.

Nitro

RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 17, 2006 08:22
Abasoufiane ARE you French?

I DON' T hate Sony at all. If i did i wouldn' t but their products and yet i own a PSP and a PS2 (i sold my original Playstation when i got my PS2). Shit, i even bought my brother a Vaio not 3 months ago.

Sony have done a lot of thing for games, that' s undeniable. It does feel a little stale now though.

What our comments have been directed towards are Sony' s approach to PS3 and Blu-Ray. I mean, i think that telling gamers (what do you think is the average age range of PS2 owners?) that they should work more hours to afford a PS3 because it' s going to be expensive, is just daft.

Then they showed pre-rendered footage at E3 and wouldn' t own up to the fact that it wasn' t realtime or ingame. Sure MGS4 was shown and demonstrated at TGS by Kojima, but since HE also said that the same thing could be achieved on 360, it does little to show PS3' s advantages over the competition.

I said previously that i would be buying PS3 at launch, whether it' s $500 or not. But i think that it' s a lot of money, too much money for some, to ask fo a console.

Information about the PS3 is still very thin, with much of what there actually is being speculation. It' s too early to be lobbying about who' s gonna crush who, but with Sony still saying they will launch in Spring 2006 and everything pointing to that being false, and stupid comments from Sony execs saying Revolution is gimmicky, ...it' s ok for us to be a little pissed off at them for messing around.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can' t believe you ripped into Sega and the Dreamcast though. That was just plain sad! You obviously have no idea what the hell you' re talking about, and i pity you. You sound like you' ve been brainwashed by Sony propaganda!

AND i can' t believe you slated Nintendo. Childish my man, childish! You made yourself look REALLY STUPID there!

Oh, and just for the record, my girlfriend kicks ass at KOF 2002. Yeah baby, she likes games too (Nintendogs has her hooked)...

ARE you French?

EDIT: Oh, you' re from Morocco right?! You' re called Soufiane ait Haddou yeah?! I LOVE the internet!
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 17 Jan 06 16:26:55 >
Abasoufiane

RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 17, 2006 09:03
well i do speak french , and i think you said that because of my english .... or do you hate french as well?

instead of saying it' s sad or chlidich give me reasons to not say so ?? childish yeah right , for what ?? for saying the truth ?? nintendo is in third place now duuuh , you going to say sony brainwashed people, but what was sony in the first place anyway ?? sony was nothing , what they did is to give everybody what they like i can find :

RPG' s like, FPS, plateform, racing, action , gta like and for each of these types, you can find excellent games , so it' s chlidish from you to defend soemthing that does not deserve it!!

how about sega and their dreamcast or saturn, they gave up two times their consoles , two times they gave up on people , that' s sad very very sad....

Viva sony .

]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 17, 2006 09:20

I hate what Sony' s doing for games. They' re making them so... generic.

actually that' s what I' d say about Xbox and majority of it' s content.

That' s true - but Fahrenheit / indigo Prophecy was a multiplatform title

I hate Sony , but I' m not blind - they have the most original content and attractive games in large quantity.

Hating Sony - I can understand , but loving Microsoft? there' s something terribly wrong with people here :)

nintendo is in third place now duuuh

Why? cause Bill said so? WOW

how about sega and their dreamcast or saturn, they gave up two times their consoles , two times they gave up on people , that' s sad very very sad....

Actually it' s those people who gave up on Sega the second time ...

RPG' s like, FPS, plateform, racing, action , gta like and for each of these types, you can find excellent games , so it' s chlidish from you to defend soemthing that does not deserve it!!

PS2 has no good FPS games and please don' t mension Time Splitters :)
Racing? hell yeah GT4 + Burnout VS Rallisport Challange , Burnout , Project Gotham , Forza , Outrun 2 ...

You are officialy a SONY FANBOY :)
Abasoufiane

RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 17, 2006 09:34
gangsta of course i' m not a sony fanboy, i hoipe you' re kidding, cus there is nothing that shows i' m a sony fanboy , i just love sony for what it did for this industry and i believe it is the best so far.

FPS need power , they rely heavily on graphics and AI, ps2 is a bit old now for that. and timesplitter is a good fps , very good fps.

xbox has live , live people , that' s what made microsoft so popular with its console , GT4 vs forza, GT is way better when you talk off line... do you own both games?? i do ... outrun haha i enjoyed wipeout more than outrun, although i was excpecting this game a looot, i played the first version on spectrum and i wanted the xbox version for nostalgia , that tuune but then i played it few times and there it' s forgotten i don' t know even where is the CD... ok please this is not the point , you can enjoy whetever you like it' s all matter of taste, but when it comes to teh winner this gen and the other one , sony always was , and that' s not only of its propagonda, it' s their work hat made them sooo popular in the first place ...

i' m no fanboy, i own both consoles xbox and ps2, and most of the time my xbox is in the closet and if a game is multiplatform and released on pc as well , then , i' ll skip xbox and go sraight to pc (high def graph, my controler is the ps2 one)

Nitro

RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 17, 2006 09:36
EVERYBODY hates the French, ESPECIALLY the English (GOD SAVE THE QUEEN AND ALL THAT STUFF...)!!!

The reason i didn' t elaborate is because i figured you would realise how stupid your comment were. Nintendo are responsible for some of the greatest gaming franchises yet, and will be responsible for many many more.

You say that Nintendo is in 3rd place (your terminology not mine). Perhaps you should take into account how much it costs to produce each console and how much profit they make on each one. Microsoft AND Sony definately lose money on every console they sell, making profit on software. I' m not entirely sure how this breaks down for Nintendo, but it' s not quite as simple as the number of consoles shipped/sold.

You attack Sega, and say they gave up?! Sure Sega were forced out of the console race but the Dreamcast only failed because the Saturn did. Saturn just wasn' t really cut out for 3D games, especially when compared to the Playstation. But Sony, at that time, and even now didn' t/don' t have anywhere near the number or quality of 1st party IP' s that either Sega or Nintendo had/have.

Sony isn' t responsible for FPS, platform, racing, action, or RPG games. I think you' ll find that every one of those had appeared waaaay before Sony even thought about entering the game (ha!).

NO platform game is better than Super Mario 64, with the only game coming close being the DS version. No RPG series is better than FF with if i' m correct started life on Nintendo hardware, with the only thing coming close being Zelda games.

Then you mention GTA (3), which was impressive when it was released. But you' ll find that Shenmue had already stepped into that area (not sandbox) and was technically more impressive.

Sony' s console have indeed had very many impressive games, perhaps you didn' t read my post properly because i' m not disputing that. But they haven' t had anything of thier own that' s REALLY special, like Mario or Sonic, or Night, or Shenmue or Panzer Dragoon, or Zelda, or Pikmin...have they! They' ve relied on exclusive 3rd party support to be succesful, and now they have lost several key franchises to Microsoft.

It' s too early to tell how things will go, but slating Sega and Nintendo like that wasn' t called for.

YOU ARE DEFINATELY NOT A HARDCORE GAMER!!!!!

YOU HAVE NO CLUE, AND IT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOU' VE MISSED AN AWFUL LOT OF CLASSIC GAMING AND MISSED OUT ON SO MANY MEMORIES.

Understand that your comments, while you' re obviously entitled to your own point of view, won' t make you many friend here.

And bad English is worse that 1337 speak! It makes you sound about 12...

Soufiane ait Haddou = Muppet! (MY point of view!)
Abasoufiane

RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 17, 2006 09:57

Sony isn' t responsible for FPS, platform, racing, action, or RPG games. I think you' ll find that every one of those had appeared waaaay before Sony even thought about entering the game (ha!).

did i say sony is respoonsible for that ? i just said that in each category there are good games, everybody is happy well almost ...

i didn' t say nintendo was a bad company, of course they are genius but sometimes they make stupid decisions , decisions that crash everything...
oh one thing about nintendo , if sony wasn' r releasing their handheld system, you gonna see gameboy advance 2 ( now it' s true 32bit )
you say sony is all about lies , but how about nintendo when hey claimed that gameboy advanced was 32bits, well may be , but people when they heared 32 bits, they expected psone graphics , isn' t that right?? then what we found out is , " a bit better than snes" ...

i am definately a harcore gamers, and take it for granted , i played so many games , sure a lot more than you have experienced in your whole life , why i say so ?? i have my reason , and some here know why ... about mario 64, banjo series are better, mister knows all, you can' t say mario 64 is the best just because it revolutioned the 3d platform... rare did awesome job...

if you speak english that doesn' t sound 12, good for you, what i hope is that people can understand me and that' s it.

ok you can " say my name"
Change Page: 12345678 > | Showing page 1 of 8, messages 1 to 20 of 144

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread