Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Who would make a good cover band!
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
Who would make a good cover band! - Jun 05, 2004 05:11
You all know what a cover band is, right? It' s a band that takes an old song and basically remixes it in their own style.

Now imagine for a second that there was a videogame developer that did the same thing. They would take an existing videogame from another developer and basically redo the game in their own style. Same character, same basic gameplay, same universe, but with their own little twist.

Who do you think would make a great cover team and what would you want to see them cover?

I would love to see Ubisoft (developers of Splinter Cell) do a cover for Perfect Dark. I think a Sam Fisher inspired Joanna Dark would be awesome.

Also, call me weird, but I would love to see Smilebit (technically just Sega now) do a cover for Oni -- Yup, the exact same Oni Bungie released for the PS2 years back. After games like Gunvalkyrie, Jet Set Radio Future, and Panzer Dragoon Orta, I think Smilebit could take Oni to new heights.
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: Who would make a good cover band! - Jun 05, 2004 05:31
I never knew Bungie made ONI.

That game kicked ass on the PC.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Who would make a good cover band! - Jun 05, 2004 05:55
I would LOVE LOVE to hear Konami' s Kukeiha Club do covers for all kick-ass game themes :)

I' d also love for WaveMaster, Sega' s main sound department to also do covers for as many kickass game themes as possible.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Who would make a good cover band! - Jun 05, 2004 07:42
Terry, I will send you a cool Wavemaster Collection CD I made (unless I already sent you one?). It actually focuses more on Amusement Vision, who uses Wavemaster often.

Anyway, for the topic at hand...
I' d love to see Konami develop Alex Kidd or Super Mario in a Silent Hill type envinronment. Still 2D, but with lots of gore and death. I' m sick of shiny happy Mario. He needs to get laid.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Who would make a good cover band! - Jun 05, 2004 15:47
and now i will never look at Mario the same way again. thanks Joe.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Who would make a good cover band! - Jun 05, 2004 17:31
I' ve always thought that the next-generation Mario should have a visible tattoo on his arm and maybe get powered-up by BEER instead of mushrooms ;)
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 6/5/2004 5:32:02 PM >
CapnCrunch311

• Total Posts : 285
RE: Who would make a good cover band! - Jun 05, 2004 19:59
Criterion doing Enter The Matrix. Now that would be amazing! They have got to be some of the most talented developers out there.
konrad

• Total Posts : 431
RE: Who would make a good cover band! - Jun 10, 2004 15:13
If enter the matrix was redone by someone,ubisoft or rareware, it would be excellant!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll