Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New Revolution leaked info.... or rumor.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 31
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
New Revolution leaked info.... or rumor. - Apr 27, 2005 07:47
Story at IGN

Ok, if this is true, my excitement for this machine has just gone through the roof. I am a self proclaimed Nintendo lover, but to find out that the new machine can do this will be mind numbing. I guess all that patent shit about no forced perspective could be true after all. The only problem I can see is developing for it could be difficult becuase developers will have to learn a whole new set of skills. Well here' s hoping anyways, the possibilities are very exciting.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: New Revolution leaked info.... or rumor. - Apr 27, 2005 15:14
wow, that would rock. I could see their sales skyrocking if that is in it, hey whats more futuristic and basicly cool than playing a 3d projection..thing.

But somehow i doubt that it will have it, how much would that cost to include into the revoloution? nintendo would be make huge loss with every console sold. I think the revolotion is in the controller [and possibley my spelling!]
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: New Revolution leaked info.... or rumor. - Apr 27, 2005 15:22
Yeah, I would have to agree with Silentbomber there. Sounds a bit risky on Nintendo' s end. I thought they were going to drop out of the console making? It was about 2 years ago that they announced that and a year later they also stated that project Dolphin had been dropped. So, it' s a little sketchy on what Nintendo is doing and what thier future plans are on consoles. I really think that Nintendo should drop out of console making. I personally don' t consider Gamecube a bit of a chance of being a gaming system. Also with the new technology out there Gamboy systems haven' t really recieved any updates as well. Take a look at it over the years. It' s only gone from Black & White to Color. That' s the only major upgrade it' s received. Oh and some storage memory now. I mean I understand that they made Nintendo DS but, shouldn' t they drop the Gameboy system now? Isn' t DS supposed to be bigger badder and better?
< Message edited by kombatfighter -- 27 Apr 05 23:28:32 >
mxpx182

RE: New Revolution leaked info.... or rumor. - Apr 27, 2005 15:38

It was about 2 years ago that they announced that and a year later they also stated that project Dolphin had been dropped

Um no and no. Dolphin was the code name for gamecube, and since that came out 4 years ago, I don' t see how they could' ve dropped the project 1 year ago?
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: New Revolution leaked info.... or rumor. - Apr 27, 2005 15:39
oh! hold on there kombatfighter!! you cant say that Nintendo isnt a big player anymore and should drop out of the market! just because the gameboy advance is outdated and to a smaller extent the gamecube, dosent mean they are done. The gameplay is what counts. If you where going by outdated hardware the ps2 would be in the grave with the dreamcast!

Nintendo has allways said that the ds is NOT the successor to the gameboy and that is still in devolpemnt, which i think is a bad idea realseing two handhelds in conjection like that, or maybe not. Remember Nintendo is still exteremly popular in Japan + usa, not so much in europe though. I think i made my point.

Fact:
did you know that nintendo once made food? FACT!
kombatfighter

RE: New Revolution leaked info.... or rumor. - Apr 27, 2005 15:48
Ah I see...haven' t really kept up with Nintendo news as much like Xbox and PS. Yeah, you' re right about Dolphin. Geez, I forgot about that being renamed, sorry. As for Gameplay? No, only little kids play Gamecube. Age range of 6 to 12. This is the 20th century and sad to say that most parents don' t care what they' re children play or see anymore. Hell, I can name a couple of 12 yr olds on my block that have played Gran Theft Auto San Andreas and want to play more of it. Does their parents care? Nope. On top of that, all the little kids know and want an Xbox or PS2 cause why?!?! Xbox has better graphics and PS2 has more games.
< Message edited by kombatfighter -- 27 Apr 05 23:49:46 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: New Revolution leaked info.... or rumor. - Apr 27, 2005 15:54
Let' s also not forget that despite it' s hardships in the console arena, Nintendo still makes more money out of all of the Game companies ;) --- So obviously they' re doing something right on some end..

kombatfighter

RE: New Revolution leaked info.... or rumor. - Apr 27, 2005 16:06
You know why? Cause they' re still holding onto the cold hard original Game companies that have made classics over the years. Take a look at Starfox, Castelvania and Metriod. No one will ever beat those games. They are classics. You can' t tell me that you wouldn' t pick up your controller to play those games. But with the way Microsoft is, it' s buying out those hardcore classic companies that were once Nintendo' s games. From what I understand that they bought Rare out and plan to make another Killer Instinct for Xbox. But hey, who knows?!? If they do come out with the 3d projectory thing and make money off it. I will give them a clap of hands for still hanging in there and showing that they can still be on top.
< Message edited by kombatfighter -- 28 Apr 05 0:07:40 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: New Revolution leaked info.... or rumor. - Apr 27, 2005 19:02

So obviously they' re doing something right on some end..

The portable end.
mxpx182

RE: New Revolution leaked info.... or rumor. - Apr 27, 2005 22:03

This is the 20th century

NO again. It' s the 21st century, and oddly enough, I' m a) way over 12 and play my cube regularily, and b) about to be a parent, and will care very much what my kids play.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: New Revolution leaked info.... or rumor. - Apr 27, 2005 22:23
Killer Instinct isnt property of Rare but still under Nintendos rights. I was thinking that as well but went and looked up all that stuff. Still tho there could be a loophole and Killer Instinct could be coming out sometime somewhere somehow.
Willco

• Total Posts : 76
RE: New Revolution leaked info.... or rumor. - Apr 28, 2005 07:34
The rumors are the insane ramblings of a delusional madman. 3D hologram projectors? I don' t think so.
mxpx182

RE: New Revolution leaked info.... or rumor. - Apr 28, 2005 07:34
After reading through these posts, I see a lot of people talking about Nintendo' s machine " projecting" a 3-D image. Now I can' t be positive, but from what I' ve read and the drawings I' ve seen, I don' t think that' s how it' s going to work. I think they are trying to make something that will create pseudo 3-D images on your TV screen without having to wear funky glasses. I read a huge article in Discover a long time ago about how this can be achieved by shooting every scene with multiple cameras (ala bullettime in the matrix) and then somehow showing all the images at once, but making them only viewable from certain angles. I don' t think this will be a projection type device though, because Nintendo has stated this will plug into a TV/computer monitor.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: New Revolution leaked info.... or rumor. - Apr 28, 2005 09:15
Sounds good either way...

Nintendo has surprised many in the past with their innovative ideas...and maybe, just maybe, they still have what it takes to pull that same rabbitt out of their videogaming hat.

Only time will tell...
kombatfighter

RE: New Revolution leaked info.... or rumor. - Apr 28, 2005 15:10

about to be a parent, and will care very much what my kids play.

That' s good to hear. I' m glad that there' s still some parents that care. It' s amazing how much society changes isn' t it? Cause I certainly wouldn' t let my kids even watch others or me play that kind of game.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: New Revolution leaked info.... or rumor. - Apr 28, 2005 16:51
I would allow my kids to play any type of game they want and demand a full verbal review from them three days after receiving a game.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 29 Apr 05 1:02:38 >
Willco

RE: New Revolution leaked info.... or rumor. - Apr 28, 2005 16:59
Forcing kids to play Nintendo will do the more harm than good.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: New Revolution leaked info.... or rumor. - Apr 28, 2005 18:48

ORIGINAL: Mass X
Killer Instinct isnt property of Rare but still under Nintendos rights.

Wrong. Rare owns Killer Instinct rights.

Killer Instinct 360 will come out at some point.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: New Revolution leaked info.... or rumor. - Apr 28, 2005 19:31
...and nobody will care.
Willco

RE: New Revolution leaked info.... or rumor. - Apr 28, 2005 20:30
Nobody remembers Killer Instinct except for jaded 20-somethings, and we' ve moved on to better fighting games such as Soul Calibur 3 and Mortal Kombat 8: Kickin' It Kombat Style.
< Message edited by Willco -- 29 Apr 05 4:33:59 >
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 31

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread