Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New Revolution leaked info.... or rumor.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 31 of 31
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: New Revolution leaked info.... or rumor. - Apr 28, 2005 20:31
So now Banjo Kazooie,Blast Corps,Killer Instinc,Conker and Perfect Dark belong to Microsoft????

Hellz yeah.
< Message edited by russian mobster -- 29 Apr 05 4:31:52 >
Willco

• Total Posts : 76
RE: New Revolution leaked info.... or rumor. - Apr 28, 2005 20:35
Yeah, but who cares? At the rate Rare is developing games, we might get a Banjo Kazooie game sometime next next gen. Kameo has been in development since the N64 was kickin' .
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: New Revolution leaked info.... or rumor. - Apr 29, 2005 07:09
Yeah, enjoy that lucrative Banjo Kazooie/Killer Instinct market you' ve now got Microsoft. In fact they should start building up the anticipation for the next KI game that will come out in ohhhhhhh 5 years with a huge advertising campaign right now! I can see it all already " 100,000 polygons per character. 32 Huge destructible fighting arenas to wage war in. 25 playable characters each with there own deadly fighting technique. And only one button required to perform a 128 hit KILLERRRRRRRRR COMBOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!"
< Message edited by mxpx182 -- 29 Apr 05 15:10:09 >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: New Revolution leaked info.... or rumor. - Apr 29, 2005 07:50
Oright then Adam yer right Rare did retain the rights to it...I was still hestitant tho so I went to look for an official responce from Rare. After diggin thru News, Forums and everythgin else in the way I found this JFG.com.

I went thru like 50 sites half of which say nintendo owns it another half saying rare does, only this one had a responce from Rare...

AHG IM SORRY FOR NOT BELEIVING YOU RIGHT AWAY DONT BEAT ME WITH A BIG LETTER " K" !!!!
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: New Revolution leaked info.... or rumor. - Apr 29, 2005 13:14
First off Microsoft got Rare for Xbox 360 not the xbox.
They need strong RARE support at the launch of Xbox 360.
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: New Revolution leaked info.... or rumor. - Apr 29, 2005 16:39
Mortal Kombat 8, eh? Heh, MK series lost it' s touch after MK3. Anything past that series was totally lame. I have not seriously sat down and truly played a MK game in who knows how long!?! MK lost it' s originality a decade ago. Soulcalibur, Dead or Alive, Tekken and Virtual Fighter beat that series. As I stated before, Microsoft will have Rare produce games for them.
< Message edited by kombatfighter -- 30 Apr 05 0:40:33 >
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: New Revolution leaked info.... or rumor. - Apr 29, 2005 17:31

ORIGINAL: Mass X

AHG IM SORRY FOR NOT BELEIVING YOU RIGHT AWAY DONT BEAT ME WITH A BIG LETTER " K" !!!!

Actually we have an interview with Rare' s co-founders from the day after the acquisition announcement, on this very site. I can' t remember if they mention KI in the interview but I think they do. Eiother way it' s true.

So prepare for a smacking!

Also, Willco -- there always WERE better fighting games around at the time KI1 was out. VF2 namely. But even somebody as obsessed with VF as myself has to admit there was a certain charm about KI and I think it was a great, entertaining and pretty fighter overall. I just can' t be bothered to explain why (it should be obvious).

I would personally love to see what they could/will do with a true nextgen version of KI. Simply from a design point of view really; the characters and backgrounds always looks great imho.

I have *perfect* arcade versions of both KI1 and KI2, you know ;-)
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: New Revolution leaked info.... or rumor. - Apr 29, 2005 17:50
I cannot admit that there is ANY charm about Killer Instinct. At the time, it' s big draw was that it had Donky Kong Country graphics. The other draws were that it was violent and by Nintendo. I prefer Street Fighter style fighters over 3D style fighters, but I still never found an ounce of fun to be had in Killer Instinct (or Mortal Kombat for that matter).
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: New Revolution leaked info.... or rumor. - Apr 29, 2005 23:28
To me a lot of the Killer Instinct charm came from that big dummy, Fulgore, I think his name was, lol.. The wild and crazy killer combos were quite a sight the first few times as well.. There were also some decent music tracks.. Unfortunately the character just seemed to move around a little stiffly.
lordseafood

• Total Posts : 19
RE: New Revolution leaked info.... or rumor. - May 06, 2005 23:03

only little kids play gamecube. age range 6 to 12

u imbosile im 14 and i am a very very proud owner of a gamecube what the hell do u think eternal darkness, res evil zero, res evil 1, res evil 2, res evil 3, res evil code veronica and res evil 4 were made for? ADULTS and teens you are officially a moron and im sure ive missed many titles too
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: New Revolution leaked info.... or rumor. - May 07, 2005 07:03

u imbosile im 14 and i am a very very proud owner of a gamecube what the hell do u think eternal darkness, res evil zero, res evil 1, res evil 2, res evil 3, res evil code veronica and res evil 4 were made for? ADULTS and teens you are officially a moron and im sure ive missed many titles too

Sorry to burst your bubble but try to lay off offending ppl. Everyone has thier own opinion and are entitled to that. Besides Gamecube' s horror or adult games that you just mentioned happen to be thier only best ones on their system and allowed since it was marketed for kids and not adults. Plus, Resident Evil games have always been supported by Nintendo anyways.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 31 of 31

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message