Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 A massive spoiler in halo3...if true... what do you guys think?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
A massive spoiler in halo3...if true... what do you guys think? - Aug 02, 2007 09:38
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: A massive spoiler in halo3...if true... what do you guys think? - Aug 02, 2007 10:09
So... what' s the spoiler?
QuezcatoL

RE: A massive spoiler in halo3...if true... what do you guys think? - Aug 02, 2007 10:16
That MC died.

And they gonna do a tribute for him.

< Message edited by quezcatol -- 2 Aug 07 2:16:27 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: A massive spoiler in halo3...if true... what do you guys think? - Aug 02, 2007 10:24
A few thoughts:

#1 - Halo 3 was supposed to be the last game in the series. Damn, I sure hope it is. But anyway it should come as no surprise. The only way Halo 3 could be decent is if the bastard dies and there are no more Halo games ever.

#2 - I hate FPS games.

#3 - Nowhere does it say he dies. It is a tribute to the life and legend of a fictional game character that does not deserve any tribute.

#4 - There is a bit of a " badly Photoshopped" look to it.
_Ninja_Protocol_

• Total Posts : 212
RE: A massive spoiler in halo3...if true... what do you guys think? - Aug 02, 2007 10:45
Well, it being the end of the triliogy either:

A. Spartan-117 (aka: John, aka: Master Cheif) dies guns blazing and takes out all the Cove' s with him.
--or--
B. The Halos activate and everyone dies.
--or--
C. Somehow the humans win the war due to a Master Cheif (lives) and Arbiter (dies) in a Custer-like last stand.
--or--
D. Master Cheif is on the ground, a brute rips MC' s mask off, we see his face. Brute goes to Curb Stomp MC. Years later, the Spartans and humans from " Ghosts of Onxy" make it back to the real world to find all the cove' s dead and a lone Spartan helmet half buried in the dirt.
--or--
E. MC goes on a sucide mission and completely anhilates the cove' s with a nuke.
--or--
...I' m done...

Not much a surprise if he died... and I wouldn' t be surprised if we see his face either.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: A massive spoiler in halo3...if true... what do you guys think? - Aug 02, 2007 11:03
If they make a sort of antidramtic ending, totally unlike what we' ve seen a million times before in American fiction (like Ninja Protocol listed), where MC fails in protecting the world or achieving his goal... Then this could be pretty fukkin brilliant!

Otherwise it is just Meh, and not even a surprise, but also something one might' ve expected.

Also, that has to be the nerdiest thing I' ve ever herd of. Celebrating the Death of a fictional character... Perhaps even nerdier than Trekies.

Edit:

Also, I found the ending of Halo 2 to be pretty damn silly, overly " American" .
< Message edited by dionysius -- 2 Aug 07 3:07:11 >
IstillwantShenmue3

• Total Posts : 54
RE: A massive spoiler in halo3...if true... what do you guys think? - Aug 02, 2007 12:29
I think they will finally unveil his suit was a trashcan and that he dies in it, i' m kidding.
Halo 3 should be cool, not really my type of thing though.
< Message edited by IstillwantShenmue3 -- 2 Aug 07 4:31:53 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: A massive spoiler in halo3...if true... what do you guys think? - Aug 02, 2007 12:50
He dies, they take off his helmet, he' s actually David Hasselhoff!

Awesome!
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: A massive spoiler in halo3...if true... what do you guys think? - Aug 02, 2007 12:56
I think when his helmet comes off, a gorgeous silky cascade of luscious, wavy, long platinum blonde hair comes tumbling out, bounces down past his shoulders and blows gently in the wind. Humans and Covenant alike are so awestruck by the healthy, radiant glow of Master Chief' s flaxen locks that they burst into rapturous applause as " Love Lift Us Up Where We Belong" begins cranking at full volume.

His face is quite wrinkled, ashen and grizzled though.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: A massive spoiler in halo3...if true... what do you guys think? - Aug 02, 2007 15:16
Now this will actually happen when the Masterchief gets rid of his helmet: (Don' t watch if you are interested in Babylon 5, mild season 2 spoiler. The scene I am talking about starts at 0:52) http://youtube.com/watch?v=VsljeaJmi2E
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: A massive spoiler in halo3...if true... what do you guys think? - Aug 02, 2007 16:08
They are in a real tough situation on how to end this game. Death of MC wouldn' t be surprising. MC saves the day would be followed by eyes rolling a plenty.

But either way many will whine and cry while many will cheer.

I wanna see MC in the arbiters arms reciting every great romance movies one liners.
Arbiter: I can' t quit yooooou!
MC: I will never let go...

And they should do this on board a pelican as it is crashing down!

At the very least I hope thats an unlockable ending which would be Halo' s extended ending.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: A massive spoiler in halo3...if true... what do you guys think? - Aug 02, 2007 18:12
What if they take of the helmet and see that...

he' s not a human!!!
Dionysius

RE: A massive spoiler in halo3...if true... what do you guys think? - Aug 02, 2007 18:32
Not possible.

Everybody knows, either Samus Auran or The Rock is under the helmet.

Anyways. Hopefully this series will End with an ending to remember, No Lord of the Rings or Matrix shit.

Saves the Day + Dies Heroic Death = CrappyDabbyDoo!

Edit:

Also, Haloid had the bestestest ending the Halo series could' ve had!
< Message edited by dionysius -- 2 Aug 07 10:42:10 >
QuezcatoL

RE: A massive spoiler in halo3...if true... what do you guys think? - Aug 02, 2007 21:49

Yeah right,why the fuck would it be Hassselhoff,are you on drugs?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: A massive spoiler in halo3...if true... what do you guys think? - Aug 02, 2007 21:55
do not hassel the hof!
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: A massive spoiler in halo3...if true... what do you guys think? - Aug 02, 2007 22:01

ORIGINAL: Nitro

Awesome!

I doubt this, there are no German working at Bungie.
Dionysius

RE: A massive spoiler in halo3...if true... what do you guys think? - Aug 02, 2007 22:14
In germany he is simply known as " Da Hoff"
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: A massive spoiler in halo3...if true... what do you guys think? - Aug 02, 2007 23:09
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: A massive spoiler in halo3...if true... what do you guys think? - Aug 02, 2007 23:31
The MC sacrifices himself to save everyone. The Arbiter is the only one to see it happen, and the only member of the covenant to survive. We never see the MC' s face because the Arbiter has too much respect to remove it from his dead body.

Fast-forward to a scene where we find out the whole story was being told by the Arbiter.

But yeah, it' s gonna have a cheesy ending probably. I don' t care as long as it actually ends. I hate an unfinished story.
(I' m looking at you SEGA!! fucking Shenmue eternal cliffhanger bullshit)
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: A massive spoiler in halo3...if true... what do you guys think? - Aug 02, 2007 23:44
Please educate me. I remember reading somewhere that Metroid and Halo are connected somehow. Is that true, or just another piece of garbage I read?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message