Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!!
Change Page: 1234567 > | Showing page 1 of 7, messages 1 to 20 of 129
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 15, 2006 08:23
Great news,Table Tennis look fucking amazing,just google or search for picture of the game or videos t osee the graphic,its amazing!!!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 15, 2006 08:31
Originally I thought table tennis was a joke and that it was actually a preview of one small section of what would be in GTA IV. Guess I was wrong.

Anyways, if GTAIV is bigger in scale then the previous and has that graphical look...gonna be quite a feat. Unlike the majority here, I enjoyed GTA. Simply because it was a game I could just come home to and fuck around with relentlessly. Same reason I like Elder Scrolls and Mercenaries. GTA would rank 3rd in that list however since altho open it was quite limited in a vast majority of things in comparison.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 15 Jun 06 0:35:21 >
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 15, 2006 10:36

GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!!

Ahh but will it use the same ' fun' -engine?
< Message edited by choupolo -- 15 Jun 06 2:36:31 >
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 15, 2006 10:38
That doesn' t mean the graphics will be the same. The gaphics will still have to be downgraded to compansate for the many many more objects to render in GTA.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 15, 2006 14:19
Aw man, I don' t want GTA 4 to be a ping pong game (which now it obviously will), I want to rape hookers and steal their money and say " nigga" a lot. That' s what the game is all about.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 15, 2006 15:12

Aw man, I don' t want GTA 4 to be a ping pong game (which now it obviously will), I want to rape hookers and steal their money and say " nigga" a lot. That' s what the game is all about.

well if all that were true, the game might even be truly controversial, and thus a little fún!
QuezcatoL

RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 15, 2006 18:09

That doesn' t mean the graphics will be the same. The gaphics will still have to be downgraded to compansate for the many many more objects to render in GTA.

Well,it is a ping pong game,its hard to say how much more they could have added or not.
The characters in this game look amazing though,and im sure they can use same for main characters in the game.
Vx Chemical

RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 15, 2006 18:32

The characters in this game look amazing though,and im sure they can use same for main characters in the game.

Its really simple Quez, say you have 1.000.000 Polygons to spend ( Hypotheticly) in one game you have a city full of characters, maybe you need to rend 100 people at one time, that leaves 10.000 polygons per person (not counting the cityscape) in the ping pong or fighthing game, you only have 2 characters to rend, letting you use 500.000 polygons per character! making them more detailed!

QuezcatoL

RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 15, 2006 18:38
Look at mass effect,characters looks the same,as with gears of war and still they can add up to 30 NPC at screen at once...atleast in mass effect.

its importent that yuou also get that it was their first next gen console game,im sure they are better with the hardware and how to max their graphic engine.
So im not worried a bit about downscale.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 15 Jun 06 10:39:30 >
Vx Chemical

RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 15, 2006 18:40
Just dont expect FN og TT characters in a game wiht loads of action going on
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 15, 2006 18:42
What does FTW mean?
and pwned?
and W00T!
and Rofl?

Sorry to be off topic...
QuezcatoL

RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 15, 2006 18:44
I dont,TT characters looked way better thanks to the lightning above them and the sweat that came under the game,but without it can be reasonble...
However perhaps they gonna use each CPU to use as many NPC as possible,then ofc they have to downscale...
kaoru

• Total Posts : 96
RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 15, 2006 19:30

ORIGINAL: Tiz

What does FTW mean?
and pwned?
and W00T!
and Rofl?

Sorry to be off topic...

Well those are just PC slang or something, short term initial
lol-laugh out loud
lmao-laugh my @$$ of
pawned-ate it example (like if a skater screw up on a trick, which means he ate it)
W00T- Hell Yeah
I don' t really know much, forums and site through out the net are use alot by poster.

To the topic
I hope that Rock Star use the TT(Table Tennis) engine for the upcoming ' ' GTA4' ' but for some reason, I don' t think that the charactor models/detail/texture will look exactly like TT, because GTA4 will have lot' s of interaction, and there for the graphic animation will be strip down. You all may have already seen the ' ' Saint Row' ' trailer and the graphic was ok, it didn' t impress me, but if the charactor animation was like ' ' Fight night r3' ' or ' ' Table Tennis' ' then I would be very impress.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 15, 2006 20:31
I know that they are PCvariations Kaoru, thanks. But it' s been buggin me as to
what:

What does FTW mean?
and pwned?
and W00T!
and Rofl?

all means...

Someone help, this is thekinda thing I lose sleep over.. Yes that is sad..
Vx Chemical

RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 15, 2006 20:36
WTF is what the fuck

pwned is Pawned (humiliated)
WOOT is WHAT, YEAH
Rofl is rolling on the floor laughing!
industrocyberbot23

• Total Posts : 108
RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 15, 2006 20:40
Tiz,

a couple I had to look up myself, but:

For The Win;
Pwned - owned i.e. you own that person (usually used in halo when you beat someone down!)
W00T - WooHoo!
Rolling On the Floor Laughing

hehe you learn someything new everyday, IMHO.
QuezcatoL

RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 15, 2006 20:46
SS

Swedish skillz!!

Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 16, 2006 00:14
Theres still nearly 2 years for the games engine to be tweaked and played with. Hell with that amount of time maybe they could find a way to allow that kind of detail whilst maintaining the size of the ever growing GTA cities.

Im more curious about what style they plan on using with the next one. First one went with the Mafia, second went more with drug cartels, third used the urban lifestyle theme...what does that leave?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 16, 2006 00:42
I want the 4th one to take place in Prison, WITHOUT any ' Hot Coffee' elements ;)
QuezcatoL

RE: GTA IV will use the same graphic engine as Table Tennis!! - Jun 16, 2006 03:09
I want it to be in Hong Kong.
GTA IV.

Change Page: 1234567 > | Showing page 1 of 7, messages 1 to 20 of 129

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message