Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Who the Hell votes for these things?
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
Who the Hell votes for these things? - Feb 05, 2007 19:32
Just been browsing retailers websites in the UK.....(Very bored today.) I came across the Game website and their awards for 2006, if any of you are interested I would love to know your comments on some of the winners in the catagories.

http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=6916&cm_sp=awards06-_-portable-_-home
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: Who the Hell votes for these things? - Feb 06, 2007 01:09
Sure, with its grand boss battles and all, it' s great, but Shadow of the Collossus is not worthy of game of the year. It' s not even in my top ten.

Bully (I reside in the UK and refuse to call it by its ridiculous moniker) does not feature a story as enthralling as Digital Devil Saga.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Who the Hell votes for these things? - Feb 06, 2007 03:47
First off, I know everyone loves Dragon Quest, I own it myself. But still, it should not beat Okami in artistic achievement. At least IMO. Okami had a graphic style never seen before, whereas dragon quest made me feel like I was playing a fantasy RPG version of Dragon Ball Z. Its a graphic style thats been seen for a very very long time, and then adapted to a console. I mean, you can see the same stuff minus the buildings in Dragon Ball Z fighting games for the ps2. I' m not saying it didn' t look great, I' m just saying it wasn' t a new achievement considering DBZ was out on ps2 before it and looked very similar.

After that, I think the wii won too many awards. Yes its fun, yes I will buy one, but no, I' m not amazed or even all that surprised by how it works. Until I' m playing some games that really show it off, like a good baseball game, a red steel that isn' t junk, and a game like katamari damacy that uses a completely different gamestyle, not previously achievable without the wii-mote, then I don' t believe it is the system its cracked up to be.
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: Who the Hell votes for these things? - Feb 06, 2007 05:01
So, hardware was a close race between DS and...PS2? Can the PS2 even be considered since it wasn' t released in 2006?

I' m not even going to pay attention to these awards.

Also, the reason they didn' t have Okami in Artistic Acheivement is because they don' t have it yet. It' s a UK site. They mention that it' s slated for 2007.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Who the Hell votes for these things? - Feb 06, 2007 10:18

Also, the reason they didn' t have Okami in Artistic Acheivement is because they don' t have it yet. It' s a UK site. They mention that it' s slated for 2007.

I see, I guess I shouldn' t have assumed it was released in the UK. I' m guessing most games are not late releases in the UK are they? If so, I would feel really bad for you guys.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Who the Hell votes for these things? - Feb 07, 2007 01:10
I don' t think their awards were that bad. Of course, my choices would' ve been different, but they give some compelling argument for their decisions.

Yeah, that " Best Hardware: PS2" thing was like WTF! at first, but then I thought about it. It has survived, nay flourished, for a LOOONG time, and the fact that they STILL have quality games coming out, even well into 2007, says they deserve SOME kind of award!

As for the Wii winning too many awards, I disagree. I think that until you spend some quality time with the system, you just won' t understand. This is the way games SHOULD be played! Trust me, the controls are so intuitive and easy to use, I think it' s just awesome! Spend about 20 hours playing Zelda, and about 5 hours playing multiplayer Wario Ware, and you' ll feel the same as me!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll