Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 How often do you use FAQs/ Walkthroughs?
Auron

• Total Posts : 157
How often do you use FAQs/ Walkthroughs? - Aug 18, 2005 02:21
When I was younger I used to have a walkthrough at hand for nearly every game I was playing. Now I hate the things and only ever use them in the rare situations I get horribly frustrated such as finding where to go when I' m seriously stuck and to get a strategy for a particulary tough boss battle, but generally I despise them and prefer doing things myself. What are your thoughts on Faqs/ Walkthroughs?
polymorphy

• Total Posts : 14
RE: How often do you use FAQs/ Walkthroughs? - Aug 18, 2005 06:33
I use guides when I get stuck in games, fairly often I have to say...

When it' s free on the internet (GameFAQs.com is a good source) it' s ok and even the " rip-off" with guide books is not that bad because for ~ 15 EUR you get a lot of artwork etc. for your money.

It' s entirely up to you, whether you use it or not.
I don' t have anything against walkthroughs and I don' t think less of gamers who use them.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: How often do you use FAQs/ Walkthroughs? - Aug 18, 2005 06:55
For Resident Evil games I will ALWAYS use a Gamefaqs walkthrough you hear me, ALWAYS!!

Even if it' s a simplistic Resident Evil gun shooting game, I' ll still use it just to keep the tradition alive
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: How often do you use FAQs/ Walkthroughs? - Aug 18, 2005 07:45
Not very often to be honest. I' ll try a long time at something before I go to gamefaqs. That is of course if it' s a game with a story to it. If it' s a game like Hotshots golf 2 and I want to play with my friends, I' ll go use the cheat code to unlock everything right away, cause who want' s to play a golf game where there' s only 1 course to choose from, 3 charcters, and 24 beer are waiting for you.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: How often do you use FAQs/ Walkthroughs? - Aug 18, 2005 07:55
I usually buy tem with my games but I almost never use them. the only times I really use them are for finding super amazing hidden items or as Terry said, Residnt Evil. I think it should just say on the Resident Evil boxes- GUIDE REQUIRED!
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: How often do you use FAQs/ Walkthroughs? - Aug 19, 2005 11:13

I use guides when I get stuck in games

Same here -- if I need them, I have no qualms about using them.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: How often do you use FAQs/ Walkthroughs? - Aug 19, 2005 11:36
A few games it' s nice to have a walkthrough from the start, like Morrowind. I loved my walkthrough in that game because of all the things I could get into, and the hidden item quests. But I only use them on games like that, that have a lot of things to do in. I generally tend to stay away from them unless I' m stuck.
Auron

RE: How often do you use FAQs/ Walkthroughs? - Aug 19, 2005 12:08
One game that I have been forced to use a walkthrough with recently is Kingdom Hearts, it' s bloody frustrating for a kiddy game But still good fun nonetheless
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: How often do you use FAQs/ Walkthroughs? - Aug 19, 2005 16:27
I never used a walkthrough until recently. Final Fantasy X spoiled my record! I got stuck on a puzzle and had to look it up online.

So, does anyone know how far I have to go in FFX if I just got inside the Airship?
Auron

RE: How often do you use FAQs/ Walkthroughs? - Aug 20, 2005 02:05

So, does anyone know how far I have to go in FFX if I just got inside the Airship?

If I remember rightly, I think you' re pretty close to the end.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: How often do you use FAQs/ Walkthroughs? - Aug 20, 2005 10:08
It was a good 2 or 3 years ago I played that, but from what I remember, I think you have a ways to go. Certainly there' s lot' s you can do before the end as bonus stuff, but just to go straight to the end is still a bit off I think.
< Message edited by mxpx182 -- 20 Aug 05 18:09:32 >
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: How often do you use FAQs/ Walkthroughs? - Aug 20, 2005 12:30
Hmmm. Two totally different answers! Well, sorry Auron, but I think mxpx182 is correct on this one. Looking through the walkthrough to find the info I needed, I' d say it seems like I gotz a long way to go.

Well, better go get some quality time in there before I have to go to work.
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: How often do you use FAQs/ Walkthroughs? - Aug 20, 2005 12:36
i only use faqs on games when im stuck.or i use them to get every sp iteam in outbreak and outbreak file 2
Auron

RE: How often do you use FAQs/ Walkthroughs? - Aug 21, 2005 02:30

Hmmm. Two totally different answers! Well, sorry Auron, but I think mxpx182 is correct on this one. Looking through the walkthrough to find the info I needed, I' d say it seems like I gotz a long way to go.

Yes mxpx182 is indeed correct. Damn i hate being wrong, please shoot me

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message