Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Huh? What was that?!
bradley harper

• Total Posts : 172
Huh? What was that?! - Feb 20, 2005 13:43
I was reading the article on the interview with Tomonobu Itagaki. that they were plannig to make a movie of Dead or Alive. is this true? oh Gosh...... I would like so much to see that movie.

Oh yes, who is the one that goes to interviews to ask questions for KIKIZO?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Huh? What was that?! - Feb 20, 2005 14:02
Ya I think it' s been in planning off and on for a bit. I' m curious to see who the cast and crew will be.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Huh? What was that?! - Feb 20, 2005 16:58
After seeing how pathetic the story is in the games, I have no hopes that the movie will intrigue in that category. I am left to fighting and babes alone to draw me to the theatres.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Huh? What was that?! - Feb 20, 2005 19:55
Fighting games made movie isnt quite that easy. Mortal Kombat was ok Street Fighter in my opinion was a lil lame. Once they announce the cast and crew I' m sure there will be a decent and solid formed thought about it. (example: If Uwe Bole is on hand then fuck it).
Chickapoo88

• Total Posts : 187
RE: Huh? What was that?! - Feb 20, 2005 21:44
They could never find anyone hot enough to play the characters, it would be a great disappointment. But it might have a good story to it, who knows, I' d go see it.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Huh? What was that?! - Feb 20, 2005 21:55
They' d need to make it a CG movie..

I think one of the reasons the Mortal Kombat movie was able to be Good was because the game already utilized digitized actors, so it wasn' t much of a change at all to make a live action film of Mortal Kombat.. The problem comes when taking a 2D hand drawn or Anime-looking game and trying to kill it with a live action film. Street Fighter the live action movie was a fantastic example of that. The animated films TOTALLY obliterated it.
bradley harper

RE: Huh? What was that?! - Feb 21, 2005 15:57
I wouldn' t mind if the entire movie was made CG style, i think i would like it better that way since i have grown attached to the characters of DOA. yes thats how it should be, CG CG all the way. but still it' ll be fun to see the characters might be. Ha. well that is all.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Huh? What was that?! - Feb 22, 2005 11:46
It will definitely be a challenge for the producers and director to find people who look enough like the characters, much less have the appropriate martial arts abilities, to cast them to their respective part.

If they are unable to cast real-life people, then maybe CG would be fine...but CG movies, based upon videogames, have not traditionally done well (correct me, if I' m wrong).
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 22 Feb 05 19:47:23 >
bradley harper

RE: Huh? What was that?! - Feb 22, 2005 15:16
exactly what i meant to say!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages