Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Xbox Live is Broken
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 01, 2008 03:42
It' s been that way on & off since the 21st, but today is especially bad.

The first day I' ve got a working 360, a hard-drive, a working controller, a live subscription card and a copy of Call of Duty 4 in the same place at once.... live flakes out.

I' ll be online this week, and I' ve been getting my CoD skills up to snuff again. Anybody up for a match?
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 01, 2008 03:53
Yeah, lives been messed up for a few days. Mine and my friends aren' t as bad as most people complaining about it, but its effected things such as accepting chat invites is taking forever to accept, and it kicks me off when I first turn on my 360, but as soon as I put a game in it logs me back on. IMO its something to do with the Winter update. Lives been weird since the update.
< Message edited by mastachefbkw -- 31 Dec 07 19:57:09 >
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 01, 2008 04:28
Its been messing up for me as well, seems to just hang when trying to log on to live. Mostly been a problem in the evening though. Seems to rectify somewhat when I launch a game. Will be on live for CoD4 tonight.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 01, 2008 05:50
Yah, Live is really pissing me off atm. In order to get the right codec' s for a lot of the AVI' s I have you need to be logged in to XBL, but that is hard when it only works 10% of the time, and logs you out randomly.

I wanna play some CoD4 but all I can get to work is FFA, and even that doesn' t work smoothly.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 01, 2008 13:28
Yeah I tried downloading " The Condemed" the other day, but Live kept ***ing up and in my frenetic clicking I accidentally presseed play before it finished downloading and I lost the movie without realizing it.

I also kept getting interrupted while playing Geometry Wars (disconect from Live). By ther way, if I' m playing that game, don' t send me any invites! Notifications really piss me off when playing GW. I know I can turn them off but if I do I forget the put them back on. I won' t rest until I get 10 million.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 1 Jan 08 0:32:29 >
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 01, 2008 17:42
Man, I love that old school quest-for-the-high-score style of gameplay. It' s a cool kind of hypnotic gaming. I' ve been relishing the same experience in Pac-Man CE.
mastachefbkw

RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 02, 2008 09:10
I wish I had epilepsy for a day just so I could try it on this game
mastachefbkw

fish_wacker

• Total Posts : 142
RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 04, 2008 22:19

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Anybody up for a match?

Yeah ill give u one when live starts working again, the only match i could get into on COD4 last night was private and that worked fine, i dont know why though as surley it is all done through the same server!!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 05, 2008 03:05
After the last update I get this strange behaviour from my 360:
-I play a demo, things are fine.
-I exit the demo by pressing the circle button on the controller and then Y (exit to dashboard), everything is fine.
-Now is where the strange things start happening, I don' t come to the dashboard. I come to the " select memory device" screen .
-I press B to exit the memory device screen. But I don' t come to the dashboard, instead my 360 starts whatever game is in the disc tray

Have I done anything wrong in the options to mess things up or did they do something wrong in the latest update?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 05, 2008 05:25
The update has been giving me sporadic issues. None like that, but it wouldn' t surprise me if it was update related.
mastachefbkw

RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 06, 2008 10:43
The only problem mine had was a minor inconvenience where XBL would kick me off if I was in the dash board, but if I put a game in it would sign back on. Some of my friends couldn' t get on at all though. One guy I know had the 360 loading screen(the 360 with lights being lit around it) on all of his blades.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 06, 2008 22:29
That actually happened to quite a few people. I must' ve bugged the hell out of a lot of people though last Sunday when I was trying to log in. It must' ve given me the " Eddie_the_Hated" is online screen, and given me a friends list (meaning they all got a blip that I was on) 20 odd times while recovering my profile, only to spit me back out.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 6 Jan 08 14:29:58 >
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 07, 2008 04:06
Mine is still barely working, I' m really starting to get pissed off. I don' t pay a monthly fee for this bullshit.
mastachefbkw

choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 07, 2008 10:13
Not Carcasonne again.

I never had any problems with LIVE, do I still get the free game?
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 07, 2008 10:23

I never had any problems with LIVE, do I still get the free game?

I guess so... unless you want to write to them and explain that you don' t feel like you deserve it!

Personally I hope they give away Space Giraffe... a game that deserves some forced attention!
mastachefbkw

RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 07, 2008 11:14
I wish they would just give points instead of picking one game. 2/3 of the times they do things like this, I already have the games they' re give away.
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 07, 2008 21:38
I agree they should just give you points.

Last night I was playing COD4 with Mass and some other people and we were sitting in the lobby and we were about to play another game with the same people we had played with at least once, and it counts down and then I get an error message that says something about wrong version: server version 1.0. WTF?!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message