Xbox Live is Broken

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 01, 2008 03:42
It' s been that way on & off since the 21st, but today is especially bad.

The first day I' ve got a working 360, a hard-drive, a working controller, a live subscription card and a copy of Call of Duty 4 in the same place at once.... live flakes out.

I' ll be online this week, and I' ve been getting my CoD skills up to snuff again. Anybody up for a match?

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 01, 2008 03:53
Yeah, lives been messed up for a few days. Mine and my friends aren' t as bad as most people complaining about it, but its effected things such as accepting chat invites is taking forever to accept, and it kicks me off when I first turn on my 360, but as soon as I put a game in it logs me back on. IMO its something to do with the Winter update. Lives been weird since the update.
< Message edited by mastachefbkw -- 31 Dec 07 19:57:09 >

Ornodeal
  • Total Posts : 645
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 01, 2008 04:28
Its been messing up for me as well, seems to just hang when trying to log on to live. Mostly been a problem in the evening though. Seems to rectify somewhat when I launch a game. Will be on live for CoD4 tonight.

Dagashi
  • Total Posts : 987
RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 01, 2008 05:50
Yah, Live is really pissing me off atm. In order to get the right codec' s for a lot of the AVI' s I have you need to be logged in to XBL, but that is hard when it only works 10% of the time, and logs you out randomly.

I wanna play some CoD4 but all I can get to work is FFA, and even that doesn' t work smoothly.

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 01, 2008 13:28
Yeah I tried downloading " The Condemed" the other day, but Live kept ***ing up and in my frenetic clicking I accidentally presseed play before it finished downloading and I lost the movie without realizing it.

I also kept getting interrupted while playing Geometry Wars (disconect from Live). By ther way, if I' m playing that game, don' t send me any invites! Notifications really piss me off when playing GW. I know I can turn them off but if I do I forget the put them back on. I won' t rest until I get 10 million.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 1 Jan 08 0:32:29 >

Zoy
  • Total Posts : 1703
RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 01, 2008 17:42
Man, I love that old school quest-for-the-high-score style of gameplay. It' s a cool kind of hypnotic gaming. I' ve been relishing the same experience in Pac-Man CE.

mastachefbkw
RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 02, 2008 09:10
I wish I had epilepsy for a day just so I could try it on this game

mastachefbkw

fish_wacker
  • Total Posts : 142
RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 04, 2008 22:19

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Anybody up for a match?

Yeah ill give u one when live starts working again, the only match i could get into on COD4 last night was private and that worked fine, i dont know why though as surley it is all done through the same server!!

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 05, 2008 03:05
After the last update I get this strange behaviour from my 360:
-I play a demo, things are fine.
-I exit the demo by pressing the circle button on the controller and then Y (exit to dashboard), everything is fine.
-Now is where the strange things start happening, I don' t come to the dashboard. I come to the " select memory device" screen .
-I press B to exit the memory device screen. But I don' t come to the dashboard, instead my 360 starts whatever game is in the disc tray

Have I done anything wrong in the options to mess things up or did they do something wrong in the latest update?

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 05, 2008 05:25
The update has been giving me sporadic issues. None like that, but it wouldn' t surprise me if it was update related.

mastachefbkw
RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 06, 2008 10:43
The only problem mine had was a minor inconvenience where XBL would kick me off if I was in the dash board, but if I put a game in it would sign back on. Some of my friends couldn' t get on at all though. One guy I know had the 360 loading screen(the 360 with lights being lit around it) on all of his blades.

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 06, 2008 22:29
That actually happened to quite a few people. I must' ve bugged the hell out of a lot of people though last Sunday when I was trying to log in. It must' ve given me the " Eddie_the_Hated" is online screen, and given me a friends list (meaning they all got a blip that I was on) 20 odd times while recovering my profile, only to spit me back out.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 6 Jan 08 14:29:58 >

Dagashi
  • Total Posts : 987
RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 07, 2008 04:06
Mine is still barely working, I' m really starting to get pissed off. I don' t pay a monthly fee for this bullshit.

mastachefbkw

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 07, 2008 10:13
Not Carcasonne again.

I never had any problems with LIVE, do I still get the free game?

Zoy
RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 07, 2008 10:23

I never had any problems with LIVE, do I still get the free game?

I guess so... unless you want to write to them and explain that you don' t feel like you deserve it!

Personally I hope they give away Space Giraffe... a game that deserves some forced attention!

mastachefbkw
RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 07, 2008 11:14
I wish they would just give points instead of picking one game. 2/3 of the times they do things like this, I already have the games they' re give away.

Torr
  • Total Posts : 554
  • Reward points : 8100
RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 07, 2008 21:38
I agree they should just give you points.

Last night I was playing COD4 with Mass and some other people and we were sitting in the lobby and we were about to play another game with the same people we had played with at least once, and it counts down and then I get an error message that says something about wrong version: server version 1.0. WTF?!

Agent Ghost
RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 08, 2008 07:36

Chimura
  • Total Posts : 1123
RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 08, 2008 07:50
my head hurts....

alijay034
  • Total Posts : 1433
  • Reward points : 1685
RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 08, 2008 16:27

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/library/xboxlive0108suit.pdf

lulz

Whilst the action suit is just a big joke and they will never get anything from it, it is about time that these companies were bought to task regarding ' contracts' to supply a good or a service which just doesn' t measure up to the expected levels, don' t get me wrong I think going to court is extreme, however companies (M$ in particular) should start to make sure the quality is there before they start mass producing or in this case over subscribing before knowing the outcome, if I was to do somethig like this at work, I would be reprimanded or sacked (not that it would be a great hardship for me.) even so they should still be forced to compensate in a correct manner.. 400-800 M$ points should be about right to compensate for the ' downtime' .

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 09, 2008 03:24
The other day was total shit for me. I started off the day sick beyond all hell with a migraine nearly dropping my ass. My bipolar state for the day was more manic meaning I had a stupid urge to spend money I didnt have. I ended up with Rock Band in my back seat this time. Thing is I had to drive to Woodbury. Thats where " she" lives so I thought Id stop by for the hell of it. I said hello she said good bye and shut the door on me. This thru my mood into more of depressive rage feeling.

I thne developed a horrid cough as well that made me light headed and tore my throat to peices causeing me to nearly crash several times on the long heart broken drive home. On top of that I get home and find a lovly email telling me my ex is having more fun in the circuit city break room then she ever did with me in our entire 4 year relationship. Turns out she is intermingling with her fuckn boss...I plan on assisting in his firing soon enough. So having rock band in tow I decide to play a few songs to clear my mind. A few hours later im still horribly sick but a little less depressed.

What does this have to do with xbox live being down. Well when i finished Rock Band it was about the time all my crew get on live for a good time at Call of Duty 4. I had to reset and diconnect mt router 5 fuckn time before it would allow me to enter a fuckn private room. I felt like I was on the verge of a fuckn seizure or some shit with all the stress and hell Live was giving me. My migraine came back with a venegence, my cough worsened, my vision blurred and my mind raced with thoughts of her and her fuckn boss. DAMN YOU LIVE YOU WERE MY ONLY SOURCE OF RELIEF AND NOW YOU HAVE BECOME ONE OF THE MANY BURDENS!

Zoy
RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 09, 2008 03:42
Well, I know how frustrating it can be to expect to be gaming with your friends only to be stopped by some technical glitch. But you' ve gotta have a plan B... like exercising, or in your case, getting some freakin' rest and drinking some hot tea.

Agent Ghost
RE: Xbox Live is Broken - Jan 19, 2008 13:36
http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/01/xbla-undertow-f.aspx

The arcade game that we will be receiving as compensation is Undertow. It actually looks fairly decent.

-Relentless high-speed combat with simple and intuitive controls
-Incredible next-gen graphics with a vibrant underwater visual style
-First to feature 16 player multiplayer battles and 2 player co-op with Team -Conquest and Deathmatch modes
-3 different playable races, each with 4 unique upgradeable units
-15 level single player / co-op campaign with maps ranging from Atlantis to frozen arctic labyrinths to the steam powered cities of Captain Nemo
-Planned expansions will offer new playable races, units, single and multiplayer maps, gamer picks, and additional achievement points.
-One of the first XBLA titles to utilize the UE3 Engine, Undertow will raise the graphical bar to usher in the next-generation of Live Arcade.
-First game on XBLA to offer 16 player multiplayer!
-Unique multiplayer design and premium downloadable content encourages community development.
-Original concept stands out from the ports and classic arcade game releases currently available.

ON UT3 ENGINE!

Eddie_the_Hated