Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 News on Halo movie: Strict production high price
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
News on Halo movie: Strict production high price - Jun 07, 2005 12:05
Gamespot

Giving strict control to bungie may not be a bad idea, it' ll for once keep the movie true to their game. At least they pretty much confirm that they want this to happen and they want it to happen soon.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: News on Halo movie: Strict production high price - Jun 07, 2005 13:54
sorry, but movies based on FPS, no matter how awsome the FPS was, just don' t interest me at all. Hollywood really must be drying up in the idea department. Great movies don' t always(hardly ever) make great games, and great games certainly don' t make great movies.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: News on Halo movie: Strict production high price - Jun 07, 2005 13:56
Yeah for the movie, but nay for " live" actors. I want computer animation!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: News on Halo movie: Strict production high price - Jun 07, 2005 14:56
How often have the developers had a big hand in the production of the movie tho?
I didnt think the game would make a good book but it turns out theres so much more to Halo. I think with bungie pulling all the strings that a good movie can happen.

And a script from Alex Garland (28 Days Later, The Beach) I truly think it can happen...and besides nother question...how many FPS game have been made into movies?
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: News on Halo movie: Strict production high price - Jun 07, 2005 18:11
This and Doom so far!! I' m not sure, but I do believe a crappy house of the dead movie was or is being made. There' s also the awful tomb raider movies if you' re willing to stretch my bitching to 3rd person games. REsident Evil 1 and 2 can jump right in as well. Actually, I didn' t hate the first REsident Evil movie to be honest, but it certainly wasn' t great. I know a far cry movie is in the works and a Silent Hill Movie. I just think they could come up with there own ideas rather than copy. Now as far as the actual game developer having so much control, who knows, do good game makers make good movie makers? I guess we' ll find out!
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: News on Halo movie: Strict production high price - Jun 07, 2005 22:48
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news05/050607e.php

The article in that link makes me a little wary regarding the movie. I hope they don' t fuck it up.
evangelion

• Total Posts : 91
RE: News on Halo movie: Strict production high price - Jun 08, 2005 05:26
yes the house of the dead movie was made...

and it was crap!!!

i' ve seen it, it was just... odd... starts with this massive party on an island and then goes shit
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: News on Halo movie: Strict production high price - Jun 08, 2005 12:43

Yeah for the movie, but nay for " live" actors. I want computer animation!

I agree...I would prefer animation for a Halo movie. However, if they take their time and cast appropriately, maybe it won' t be all that bad...

Guess we' ll just have to wait and see...
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: News on Halo movie: Strict production high price - Jun 08, 2005 16:25
The House of the Dead movie wasn' t good, but it was clearly on a very small budget. I thought it was entertaining and kind of funny. The acting was a million times better than the voice acting in the games. But that doesn' t say much.
However, I wouldn' t recomend this movie to anyone. But if you happen to be board or something you might as well watch it.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll