Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Game of the Year!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
Game of the Year! - Jul 30, 2004 16:30
GRADIUS V

No ifs, No ands, and No buts aboot it :p...
Konami and Treasure went all out with this one and while the music isn' t as good as it could have been (I had suspected as much before the game' s release) the rest of the game is an amazing and Incredibly challenging experience. Incredibly challenging but never unfair as there' s always a way around something.

Gradius V amazingly pays homage to not only the entire Gradius series (1,2,3,4, and Gaiden), but also has a bunch of Salamander 1 & 2 references as well, there' s also a bit of Ikaruga in there somewhere also. It' s like getting some of the best elements of each of those games..

For me this is definitely the best shooter released within the last few years and right now my personal pick for Game of the year.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Game of the Year! - Jul 30, 2004 16:42
2004 games to put ahead of Gradius V:

1. Chronicles of Riddick
2. Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
3. Champions of Norrath
4. Onimusha 3: Dungeon Siege
5. NFL 2k5

Shooters = teh suck

(' cuz I can' t do ' em) LOL
< Message edited by fathoms -- 7/30/2004 4:44:06 PM >
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Game of the Year! - Jul 30, 2004 18:11
Oddly, I' ve never heard of GRADIUS V before but I' ll educate myself now.

Other games to consider for best of 2004... surely Fabel deservs a look? If it all ' works' well it could be a revolution.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Game of the Year! - Jul 30, 2004 21:44
Looks like a lot of fun
Terry Bogard

RE: Game of the Year! - Jul 31, 2004 01:14
Expect the full Kikizo treatment of Gradius V next week!! Unfortunately NCS didn' t get their Limited Editions until the middle of this week and I got my copy a day afterwards, otherwise it would have been up already!
panzer_baiken

• Total Posts : 83
RE: Game of the Year! - Jul 31, 2004 02:04
i loved ikaruga, and i' m a big fan of shooters, so i' ll be picking this one up as soon as i get some money.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Game of the Year! - Jul 31, 2004 06:31
Gradius V will cost a mere $30 when it released to the US. Makes it hard to pass up.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Game of the Year! - Jul 31, 2004 20:19
How about we reserve judgement until, say.... Nov. 11th?
Terry Bogard

RE: Game of the Year! - Aug 01, 2004 19:20
Nah no need to reserve judgement.. Out of all the stuff shown at E3 and all the stuff announced for release this year the Only other game that I' d consider as my personal choice for game of the year is VIEWTIFUL JOE 2!!!!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Game of the Year! - Aug 01, 2004 22:24
I think Ill judge on christmas when I can get my hands on the majority of games for the least amount of my own money.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Game of the Year! - Aug 01, 2004 23:24
Viewtiful Joe 2 look exactly like Viewtiful Joe 1. No difference. Still got that chick yelling " Just go for it!" every 6 seconds.
Terry Bogard

RE: Game of the Year! - Aug 02, 2004 01:26

Viewtiful Joe 2 look exactly like Viewtiful Joe 1. No difference. Still got that chick yelling " Just go for it!" every 6 seconds.

EXACTLY Why I adore it!!! :)

When I first heard that Capcom was thinking about changing the game a bit I wanted to kill em!! But when I played the E3 build, I was completely satisfied.. :)

PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Game of the Year! - Aug 02, 2004 12:55
I' ve heard of the gradius series, but never checked into it until now. Am I crazy or is this Life Force, from the NES?

The ship looks the same, and its the 2-D side scrolling style that Life Force has. Don' t think I' m sounding dissapointed either, b/c Life Force happens to be once of my favorite NES games. Now I really wanna try this game out!
Terry Bogard

RE: Game of the Year! - Aug 02, 2004 14:23

I' ve heard of the gradius series, but never checked into it until now. Am I crazy or is this Life Force, from the NES?

The ship looks the same, and its the 2-D side scrolling style that Life Force has. Don' t think I' m sounding dissapointed either, b/c Life Force happens to be once of my favorite NES games. Now I really wanna try this game out!

Gradius and Life Force (aka Salamander) are ' different' games in the same world..
Life Force is basically a spin-off of the Gradius series. The Vic Viper ship like you mentioned is in both games.. There have been only two Salamander/Life Force games released so far, whereas Gradius is an ongoing series.

The differences between the two are:

Life Force (Salamander) is two-player coop whereas Gradius has always been one player(that was until the last two console exclusive Gradius games).. Life Force also has both Horizontally scrolling levels and Vertically scrolling ones, whereas Gradius only has horizontal levels. The levels in Gradius are more mechanical whereas the ones in Life Force are more organic.

Fans of Life Force and Gradius will be happy to know that Gradius V contains elements from EVERY Gradius and Life Force game ever made! So if you' re a fan of either, you' ll feel right at home.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 8/2/2004 2:26:07 PM >
music_maniac1965

• Total Posts : 70
RE: Game of the Year! - Aug 09, 2004 19:07
if i may also vote for a game that is not released yet:

OUTRUN 2 !

the arcade version, AND lots of new content (incl. 2 new tracks !), the same music as the orginal outrun (and new music too !), this game just gives me that " feel good" feeling once again. sega did it again, and after expecting nothing more than " just another racing game" , sega proved me wrong, and showed that OUTRUN is still alive !
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Game of the Year! - Aug 20, 2004 15:57
Come on, folks!

Why kid yourselves...

Everyone knows that Halo 2 will be the BIGGEST game of the year!

With approximately 1,000,000 pre-orders (a record, by the way!), Halo 2 is the most-anticipated game in the history of gaming...period!!!
music_maniac1965

• Total Posts : 70
RE: Game of the Year! - Aug 20, 2004 16:08

ORIGINAL: DaRoosh65

Come on, folks!

Why kid yourselves...

Everyone knows that Halo 2 will be the BIGGEST game of the year!

With approximately 1,000,000 pre-orders (a record, by the way!), Halo 2 is the most-anticipated game in the history of gaming...period!!!

so most xbox gamers are eager to get their hands on this game, but that does not make it anny different for ME becouse its all about one person' s taste, and my heart' s set on OUTRUN 2
Terry Bogard

RE: Game of the Year! - Aug 20, 2004 16:22
Didn' t care for the original so part 2 is definitely a pass for me :)
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Game of the Year! - Aug 20, 2004 17:50
Halo 2 is not just for XBOX gamers...

PC owners are expected to get the chance to play it too!

As for one person' s taste...

What? Did you think that I pre-ordered all those copies of Halo 2? Not!

There are quite a few people out there who are actually interested in Halo 2 that do not own either a PC or XBOX.

I understand if Halo 2 is not your thing...just understand Outrun 2 is not mine.

In that case, we agree to disagree. See, things can work out...
tworaw

• Total Posts : 20
RE: Game of the Year! - Aug 20, 2004 18:24
The Game of The Year should recognize Fable as the brightest game to come, I dream every night of playing this game, when I' m at work im thinking about Fable. Who wouldnt want this game?? well I guess it just appeals to me very much since I have been waiting for a game like this for about five years.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message