Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Day After Tomorrow
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
The Day After Tomorrow - May 27, 2004 07:27
The special effects were cool, but they were nothing new honestly. If you' ve seen all the trailers for this movie, you' ve seen all the effects. So if you' re only watching to see the effects, just splice all the trailers together and watch that instead. You' ll save quite a bit of time.

Otherwise the movie is boring and preachy. Don' t waste yer time.
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: The Day After Tomorrow - May 27, 2004 17:43
Maybe your not into this genre.

I havent seen it yet(going this saturday).
But from the commercials it looks like a really good movie.
< Message edited by russian mobster -- 5/27/2004 5:43:41 PM >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: The Day After Tomorrow - May 27, 2004 19:42
I' ve always been into these END OF THE WORLD movies, I really dig them for some reason.. (Except for Armegeddon which was a BLATANT rip-off of Deep Impact).

DEEP IMPACT has my favorite special effect of all time, the ENORMOUS tidal wave inundating New York City. I SERIOUSLY doubt that the flooding scene I saw in ' The Day After Tomorrow' trailers will even come close but I' m looking forward to that scene in the movie the most. I just hope they show tons of footage of the water destroying the city.
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: The Day After Tomorrow - May 27, 2004 20:35
Yep movies like DEEP IMPACT and Independence day were really good.I just want to see big cities being destroyed by any natural disaters or aliens.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: The Day After Tomorrow - May 28, 2004 03:11
I agree withca both on that. Nothin like hell on earth.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: The Day After Tomorrow - May 28, 2004 04:39
I like a good disaster movie myself. But I don' t like it when the earth gets away scott free (like iN Armageddon). At least in Deep Impact there was some excitment, and not everything turned out just fine.

As for this movie, there has been nothing that makes me want to stand in line of pay $10 to see it, so I will wait for the DVD
Terry Bogard

RE: The Day After Tomorrow - May 28, 2004 05:55

But I don' t like it when the earth gets away scott free (like iN Armageddon).

You might like one of my other favorite movies then-- TITAN A.E., the Earth doesn' t get away at all, it gets blown into oblivion!! Nothing is left of it and all of its survivors have to travel through space and find a new home!
Joe Redifer

RE: The Day After Tomorrow - May 28, 2004 08:45
I HATED Independance Day! Well, the first time I saw it, it was decent. This was 4 months before it came out and it used the Apollo 13 score as placeholder music. Some of the effects weren' t done yet. As I recall, the dog in the tunnel DID NOT MIRACULOUSLY LEAP TO SAFETY! There were a few other differences as well. I then saw the movie again 3 months later, and the final (crappy) music was done. All of the effects were done and the dog lived in a horrible green-screen effect. Yuck. They also added a helicoptor to the White House explosion scene. Then the final release came, and they changed a couple of minor things, but I hated the movie by this point. I hated all of the characters as well. When Will Smith punches the alien, lights up a cigar and says " Now that' s what I call a close encounter!" I wanted to beat the living hell out of Ronald Emmerich.

When the trailers for " The Day After Tomorrow" boasted Ronny-poo directed this as well, I knew it would be a turd. I didn' t know it would veer (re: preach) so far to the left, though.
MuteCity

• Total Posts : 159
RE: The Day After Tomorrow - May 28, 2004 16:45

I' ve always been into these END OF THE WORLD movies, I really dig them for some reason.. (Except for Armegeddon which was a BLATANT rip-off of Deep Impact).

Was it really? I thought they came out at near the same time. I' ve yet to see deep impact though....general word of mouth told me not to go see it when it was in theatres.
Joe Redifer

RE: The Day After Tomorrow - May 28, 2004 19:53
Deep Impact is not great, but it is a lot better than Armageddon (which is worse than Independance day in my awesome opinion). And yes, they came out the same summer. I think Frodo is in Deep Impact if I recall.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: The Day After Tomorrow - May 29, 2004 02:10
Terry, I saw Titan AE and LOVED it.
MuteCity

RE: The Day After Tomorrow - May 30, 2004 20:34

There' s another one I have to see, just never got around to this one.
Terry Bogard

RE: The Day After Tomorrow - May 30, 2004 22:11

Did you like the flight sequence with Cale racing the Wake Angels through space? I ABSOLUTELY loved that scene!! Definitely one of the best movie scenes to me, especially with that kickass soundtrack playing in the background- " It' s my time to fly" .

There' s another one I have to see, just never got around to this one.

WHAAAAAAT???? You need to march down to your local video store and rent this one RIGHT NOW young man!!! :p
Terry Bogard

RE: The Day After Tomorrow - May 30, 2004 22:15
Oh yeah, almost forgot, lol.. I saw ' The Day After Tomorrow' yesterday and liked it quite a bit, mainly the destruction scenes of course. My favorite was the flooding of New York! That wall of water came out of no where.

Most of the remaining portions of the movie was a little slow paced with everyone trying to survive the cold and all. I could have done without those scenes. The ending SUCKED complete $HITTE though!!!! What a cop out on the part of the writers.

I might consider joining Joe in heading up to Hollywood to beat the crap out of Emmerich after that stooopid a$$ ending.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 5/30/2004 11:48:54 PM >
MuteCity

RE: The Day After Tomorrow - May 30, 2004 23:44

WHAAAAAAT???? You need to march down to your local video store and rent this one RIGHT NOW young man!!! :p

(where is the halo smiley?)
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: The Day After Tomorrow - May 31, 2004 16:07
I saw The Day After Tomorrow two days ago and thought it was real good
My favorite scene was watching the creation of the tornado.
That and the insta - freeze scenes.
The flood scene was pretty cool too.

Supposedly it took about 10 different CG companies to work together to make all the special effects for this movie
MuteCity

RE: The Day After Tomorrow - May 31, 2004 21:33
Maybe I will go see this...I' ve been itchin to go to theatre. Unfortunately, not much has interested me lately.
RavenShadow

RE: The Day After Tomorrow - May 31, 2004 23:05
Special effects is what pretty well makes the movie but the story isn' t that bad
It should be seen at least for the effects

Or could wait for Garfield to come out haha
MuteCity

RE: The Day After Tomorrow - Jun 01, 2004 03:17
Know what' s funny? Besides the name, I don' t think that movie could look less like Garfield.
RavenShadow

RE: The Day After Tomorrow - Jun 01, 2004 20:47
Yea didn' t do a good job on making them look alike
They made Odie a real dog too. No animation for him which is also a let down
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages