Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Cheating in multiplayer games (or using glitches.)
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 27
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
Cheating in multiplayer games (or using glitches.) - Aug 13, 2008 01:48
Quick question, have any of you guys either in multi or single player games ever used cheats or exploited glitches in games.

The reason why I ask is that just recently I have been getting back into playing CoD4 online, now I am the first to admit that I am not the greatest but I am also not the worse. However I have been noticing more frequently other players not just with me but on others, that they are using glitches (running out of the map in certain areas, jumping on certain buildings) that sort of thing all to make sure they win a round or a match or whatever. I have asked Activision about this and they gave their standard: "When the game is written, the programmers use cheats, to help them, these are often left in the final production version of the game and cannot be removed.

C'mon guys do you think this is right?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Cheating in multiplayer games (or using glitches.) - Aug 13, 2008 02:02
Some single player games are more fun with cheats GTA is a great example.  I would never cheat in an online game, and people glitching in online games need to be shot.  Or at least permabanned.  Better yet have their points reset to zero and have -dipshit- inscribed where their points used to be.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Cheating in multiplayer games (or using glitches.) - Aug 13, 2008 02:37
Glitching (I don't say cheating, because it's not always to win) has it's purpose in online games. It's a challenge, it adds replay value to a game, and if you've got a bunch of friends, it can be a multi person experience. I do it all the time in CoD4 online. I don't exploit it, but I run around outside of the maps, and watch people's reactions as they try to hit me in the out-of-bounds areas (there's an invisible wall in between the map proper, and the walkable area before you hit nullspace).

Using Call of Duty 4 as an example. Cheating in hardcore search-and-destroy? Dick move.

Cheating in, say, Old-School? Couldn't care less.

It all depends on setting and venue.

Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:Cheating in multiplayer games (or using glitches.) - Aug 13, 2008 03:34
I don't count it as glitching as long as it is still sticking to the rules of the game. You can jump and climb around in COD4 so with those abilities I'm ok with. However break the rules of how the game was designed I am not ok with. Such as floating or going through walls.
Like eddie said its all situation based I guess.

I dunno I think my rule could be universal. As long as it sticking to the rules of how the game was designed then have at it.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:Cheating in multiplayer games (or using glitches.) - Aug 13, 2008 06:32
cheating in any kind of online game that includes other than your friends is an idiotic thing to do.

I dont cheat in multiplayer games and i dont cheat in singleplayer games.

Last time i cheated in a SP game was the final map in Warcraft III, i just couldnt get the tactics right and ended up dying before the 45 minutes were up, doing that 5 times is annoying.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Cheating in multiplayer games (or using glitches.) - Aug 13, 2008 07:01
I use to superbounce on Halo 2 when other people would use it first or mod. I loved the superbouncing glitch in Halo 2. Not for online, because 2/3 of the time it was useless anyway, but for custom parties. I think that might be why I played Halo 2 so long and barely touched 3.
Kannon

• Total Posts : 205
Re:Cheating in multiplayer games (or using glitches.) - Aug 13, 2008 19:20
Well in the original Phantasy Star Online I sometimes would Double Saber + 3 through a door in missons 
to see what was there  but that  wasn't really worth it.
Cheating or glitching makes games less fun to me. 
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
Re:Cheating in multiplayer games (or using glitches.) - Aug 14, 2008 04:15
I'll will come out with the truth If there is a cheat I will use it. Not because I play like a girl or anything like that. I do it just for the fun of things. I'm not that good at cheating I could never do the super jump on halo 2.

So there it is I am the guys online cheating and laughing my butt off while doing so.
Vx Chemical

Re:Cheating in multiplayer games (or using glitches.) - Aug 14, 2008 08:29
mikayd2

I'll will come out with the truth If there is a cheat I will use it. Not because I play like a girl or anything like that. I do it just for the fun of things. I'm not that good at cheating I could never do the super jump on halo 2.

So there it is I am the guys online cheating and laughing my butt off while doing so.

I dont understand!

Why would you cheat in a game?
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
Re:Cheating in multiplayer games (or using glitches.) - Aug 14, 2008 10:09
I understand, the use of exploits, when playing in a private game amongst friends, but when you play complete strangers in a public room, and it so obvious then no that is where it is wrong, why do it, what point does it prove that you are better than others? Well no your not and it's like taking steroids to run faster or lift heavier weights in competition, and you will get found out.
That your clever for finding out where they are? No a quick google search will do that so it's not clever.
I still fail to see the attraction, if your not good at something just keep doing it the old fashioned way, practice.
mikayd2

Re:Cheating in multiplayer games (or using glitches.) - Aug 14, 2008 12:16
Vx Chemical

mikayd2

I dont understand!

I don't do it all the time. But when a new cheats comes out I always give it ago. I get a kick out of people yelling online about me cheating. I just do it for the hell of it. Only in shooters though and racing games. I wont do it in tekken or any other fighting game. I know its wrong but I don't care I do simply to case chaos in the match just because I can it's just a game.
Vx Chemical

Re:Cheating in multiplayer games (or using glitches.) - Aug 14, 2008 12:44
mikayd2

Vx Chemical

mikayd2

I dont understand!

I don't do it all the time. But when a new cheats comes out I always give it ago. I get a kick out of people yelling online about me cheating. I just do it for the hell of it. Only in shooters though and racing games. I wont do it in tekken or any other fighting game. I know its wrong but I don't care I do simply to case chaos in the match just because I can it's just a game.

You must have some type of personality disorder. I can understand people who cheat to win, i think they are idiots.

But cheating to piss people of is just plain dumb.

People play games to have fun, in order for games to be fun, rules must be followed or some people seise to have fun, and as thats your point with cheating, stealing peoples fun time well then your pretty fucked up.
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
Re:Cheating in multiplayer games (or using glitches.) - Aug 14, 2008 19:18
I am less pissed when people glitch but outright cheating is bullshit, what really gets me the most are team killers that is just about the lowest thing you can do.  And Mikayd you have some serious mental problems seek help or stick your head in a wood chipper.
mikayd2

Re:Cheating in multiplayer games (or using glitches.) - Aug 14, 2008 21:07
Sorry you guys that's just the way I feel. I'm not into planing  by the rules or  for fun and all that bull crap. I just like messing around giving the other guys a hard time. You should hear the names people call me it's a trip.

I  do it just because and nothing more than that. Come on I know there are other cheaters out there.  I also like to do some team killing on cod4 every now and then.
mikayd2

Re:Cheating in multiplayer games (or using glitches.) - Aug 14, 2008 21:14
Although I do hate  it when I run into better cheater.
Vx Chemical

Re:Cheating in multiplayer games (or using glitches.) - Aug 14, 2008 21:20
I think you're a dick MikayD, you just lost lots of respect, i didnt expect something like that from someone older than 12
mikayd2

Re:Cheating in multiplayer games (or using glitches.) - Aug 14, 2008 22:46
Vx Chemical

I think you're a dick MikayD, you just lost lots of respect, i didnt expect something like that from someone older than 12

Let me get this straight you lost respect for me because I like cheating at games. At least I'm admitting it. You are  a lame but enough of the name calling. Who wants to have some fun and learn my ways of cheating.

I don't care about internet respect there just games and nothing more than that.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Cheating in multiplayer games (or using glitches.) - Aug 14, 2008 23:02

You are a lame

Epic.
Vx Chemical

Re:Cheating in multiplayer games (or using glitches.) - Aug 15, 2008 05:36
mikayd2

Vx Chemical

Let me get this straight you lost respect for me because I like cheating at games. At least I'm admitting it. You are  a lame but enough of the name calling. Who wants to have some fun and learn my ways of cheating.

I don't care about internet respect there just games and nothing more than that.

Sure you admit it, that just shows that you feel proud of it, which is more worrying.

locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Cheating in multiplayer games (or using glitches.) - Aug 15, 2008 06:02
cheating is pretty gay.  Glitching I can accept sometimes, but network manipulation, downloading or modding to cheat is just plain wrong.  It ruins the game for everyone else.  People who cheat then say "it's just a game" get zero respect from me.  
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 27

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message