Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Killzone Beta Testers
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
Killzone Beta Testers - Aug 04, 2004 22:51
Did any of you get chosen to beta test Killzone, and upcoming FPS title for PS2?

I got picked, and am very excited to get my beta kit. I really cannot wait to play it. If any of you got picked for beta, I' ll see you there. I' ll probably be using my Socom name, GenitalFungus.
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: Killzone Beta Testers - Aug 05, 2004 16:44
Where did you go or what did you do to get picked to beta test?
Is it an online thing or are they sending you the game and such?
PS2Poodoo

RE: Killzone Beta Testers - Aug 05, 2004 16:50
About a month ago, the beta was announced. From there, if you worked at EBGames(which I do...yeah ) , you just had to be a member of Playstation Underground. So, you just had to send them the store number that you worked at.

But yes, like the Socom II beta, they will just send you a disc and you test out the online portion of the game. I can' t wait to start playing, I thought there might be some people here that were beta testing also
RavenShadow

RE: Killzone Beta Testers - Aug 05, 2004 17:04
I would like to beta test PS2 games but I don' t have an online adapter. I am a member over at PS Underground (and a G.A.P member) but without the adapter it is my understanding that I most likely won' t be beta testing anything.

I' ve only beta tested some games on PC that have open beta tests. I was in the Saga of Ryzom for a bit and occasionally go into the planeshift world. Nothing major though.
PS2Poodoo

RE: Killzone Beta Testers - Aug 05, 2004 18:02
That' s unfortunate that you don' t have a network adapter, b/c you are right you couldn' t get into the beta without one. I' m upset tho that I can' t get into the Star Wars Battlefront beta b/c I' m in the killzone one now.

You could go to a local video games store and pick up a network adapter for like $15. I love beta testing, I don' t know why. There is something nice about being able to play a game that won' t be out for a couple of months. I' m just hoping there is a demo of the offline single player...which I really doubt
RavenShadow

RE: Killzone Beta Testers - Aug 05, 2004 18:18
$15? No way. Every store I' ve been to is still selling the adapter for like $60 (Canadian). I could get a non-official one for cheaper but that much cheaper.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Killzone Beta Testers - Aug 05, 2004 22:33
I hope your' re planning to give us all a play by play of the game when you get it! Killzone is on my " wishlist" , so I hope it turns out to be a good game.
PS2Poodoo

RE: Killzone Beta Testers - Aug 06, 2004 19:44

ORIGINAL: Sharon

I hope your' re planning to give us all a play by play of the game when you get it! Killzone is on my " wishlist" , so I hope it turns out to be a good game.

But of course

I' ve been reading up on this game for about a year and a half now, maybe more. It' s cool that I actually got into the beta. If I had a digital Camera I would sneak a few screens, but I don' t.

$15? No way. Every store I' ve been to is still selling the adapter for like $60 (Canadian). I could get a non-official one for cheaper but that much cheaper.

Oh, right I didn' t realize you were in Canada. 60 bucks canadian sounds like a an expensive purchase. I paid $40 US, but I got twisted metal online for free out of it atleast. And that was also about 2 years ago
panzer_baiken

• Total Posts : 83
RE: Killzone Beta Testers - Aug 06, 2004 23:20
no fair, i hate you! scea needs to let opm put out a demo.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Killzone Beta Testers - Aug 06, 2004 23:22
Apparently there is a contract you need to agree to in order to BETA test Killzone. Does anyone know what' s in it? Specificaly is there anything about nondisclosure? And is it JUST testing the online component of the game? When does it start?
PS2Poodoo

RE: Killzone Beta Testers - Aug 07, 2004 16:48

ORIGINAL: Adam Doree

Apparently there is a contract you need to agree to in order to BETA test Killzone. Does anyone know what' s in it? Specificaly is there anything about nondisclosure? And is it JUST testing the online component of the game? When does it start?

Yeah, you do have to agree not to talk about details. In the playstation forums, they set up an invisible forum that only the beta testers can go to to talk about glitches, bugs, and overall things that need to be fixed before the game gets distributed. That is the only place we can really talk about it, but I might have to have a couple friends over to check the game out

Bad news for anyone on here who is beta testing(doesn' t seem like there is anyone tho). The beta has been pushed back to 8/23 . I was pretty excited to when I thought we would get our kits on monday, the 9th. Oh well tho, I still have to beat Dark Cloud 2
CapnCrunch311

• Total Posts : 285
RE: Killzone Beta Testers - Aug 08, 2004 02:51
Your lucky PS2Poodoo. I can' t really complain though, I' m a beta tester for Ratchet And Clank 3 (and it' s really cool).
PS2Poodoo

RE: Killzone Beta Testers - Aug 08, 2004 03:39

ORIGINAL: CapnCrunch311

Your lucky PS2Poodoo. I can' t really complain though, I' m a beta tester for Ratchet And Clank 3 (and it' s really cool).

You know, I was really close to missing the killzone beta for the ratchet one. I was really excited to try out an online platformer. But, I made myself wait for Killzone

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll