Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 So this is the year of the PS3...
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
So this is the year of the PS3... - Jun 06, 2008 03:20
After all the hype at the beginning of the year about how the PS3 was going to dominate this year I' m really starting to question it. This isn' t to trash talk the PS3 but I just bought one and am starting to second guess it. Sure we have MGS4 next week, but really what else? Little Big Planet, sure. Then what?

Currently Killzone has been pushed off until next year. God of War 3 is probably a next year title. FFXIII still seems likes it' s going to be pushed into 2009 from what I can tell. Home I don' t care about. Heavy Rain looks interesting but we haven' t heard anything about that in forever. I have no idea when SOCOM is coming out. Resistance I' m not really feeling after playing some of the first.

How can this really be called the year of the PS3 when there are maybe 3 big exclusives that will actually make it out? At the same time 360 has Fable 2, GoW2, Banjo, Ninja Gaiden 2, Too Human (even if several of you think it' s going to be crap I' m still interested), Halo Wars (if it makes it... might not), Alan Wake (probably won' t make it...), Splinter Cell (another possible won' t make it), etc...

I don' t know how you guys that have had only a PS3 have been handling it. Uncharted is the only PS3 exclusive I have any interest in (I enjoyed playing the demo last night) that' s currently out. Am I missing something? Are there games that I' m forgetting? I think the main reason I' m having trouble swallowing the purchase is because I don' t have any games for it since I' m waiting for MGS, and that in one day from the time I bought it there have already been 3 big name game cancellations. Thoughts?
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 5 Jun 08 19:57:49 >
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: So this is the year of the PS3... - Jun 06, 2008 03:39
2009 is the year of the PS3 ...
Rampage99

RE: So this is the year of the PS3... - Jun 06, 2008 03:54
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: So this is the year of the PS3... - Jun 06, 2008 04:17
You got Resistance 2, Socom and Grand Turismo Little Big Planet Resident Evil 5 coming out this year and of course mgs4.

We you have plenty of games coming out at the end of the year.
Rampage99

RE: So this is the year of the PS3... - Jun 06, 2008 04:28
RE5 I' ll be getting for the 360. Pretty much anything that goes multiplatform I' ll be getting for the 360 either for Live or because I like the controller better. Oh, and RE5 comes out next year.

Gran Turismo doesn' t interest me all that much. Sim racers have gotten boring imo.

Socom is obviously going to be good but I haven' t heard anything as far as a release (though I never really paid much attention since I didn' t have a PS3).
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: So this is the year of the PS3... - Jun 06, 2008 04:53
Folklore is pretty good in my opinion. As far as games on the PS3, I have:

Assassins Creed
Call of Duty 4
Devil May Cry 4
Grand Theft Auto 4
Folklore
Uncharted
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Genji

I know most of those are multi platform, but they run just as well on the PS3. Is not that the PS3 has no games, it just comes to preferences, like you stated. As far as the exclusives, like I said, Folklore I think is pretty good, Uncharted is amazing, Genji' s fun is overridden by the awful camera unfortunately, and Ninja Gaiden is the best version of that game yet. I don' t have Ratchet and Clank, but I played it all the way to the end and that is also a fantastic title.
Shin_Ishikawa

• Total Posts : 144
RE: So this is the year of the PS3... - Jun 06, 2008 04:55
heavenly sword was not a bad game. If your waiting for MGS 4 you should be replaying all 3 MGS games to get a feel on the story. I just finish MGS 3 and MGS 1 and now I' m on MGS 2.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: So this is the year of the PS3... - Jun 06, 2008 05:08

but really what else? Little Big Planet, sure. Then what?

Hmm... Yakuza 3 should be coming along towards the end of the year.

But overall, it kind of sounds like it' s not the console for you.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: So this is the year of the PS3... - Jun 06, 2008 12:03
Honestly, Rampage, if you got the PS3 for games, I would' ve waited. I got mine for Blu-ray, and consider Uncharted a pleasant bonus! Ratchet and Clank is fun, though I only played it for a couple of hours, and got bored with it.

MGS should be good, and I' m starting to look forward to LBP as well, but other than that...? Darth Vader, perhaps? Personally, I' m rollin' with Yoda!
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: So this is the year of the PS3... - Jun 06, 2008 12:26
The point of the PS3 is to play 3rd party games on it. The less you use your 360, the less chance it has to break.

It pays for itself, by the time you' re on your 10th xbox360 you would' ve wished you had a PS3, then you' d only be on your 3rd.

Half of the 360 games you listed will be garbage, the other will be on PC anyway, oh noes whats the point of having a 360, stfu hypocrite.
< Message edited by emofag -- 6 Jun 08 4:28:20 >
Rampage99

RE: So this is the year of the PS3... - Jun 06, 2008 12:33
Hypocrite? That doesn' t make any sense. Yes I have gone through a ton of 360s (on my 7th one but have only paid for one) but the Live functionality and the controller are easily good enough reasons to get the 360 versions of 3rd party games. That and the 360 versions have track record of running better than the PS3 counterparts (and come out on time). So your argument has no value.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: So this is the year of the PS3... - Jun 06, 2008 12:40
No they don' t, 360 versions typically have like 2 more fps and 3% better textures, PC versions have 100% more FPS and 500% better textures. Hypocrite.

If you cared about performance you' d be playing on PC. Let it go, fanboy.
Rampage99

RE: So this is the year of the PS3... - Jun 06, 2008 13:15
I do play on a PC, wtf are you talking about? You' re just talking out your ass. I didn' t get a PC that could run Crysis on max settings smoothly to just browse the internet. Do you even own a 360?
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: So this is the year of the PS3... - Jun 06, 2008 16:04
Rampage, I know where you are coming from...Ignore mommies boy, he is making as much use of the internet until his momma takes it away from him again.

I am disappointed that ' The Getaway' has been cancelled, I like the franchise on the PS2, I do find it funny that people mention GT when talking about games for the PS3, not being funny but it was announced what 3 years ago and it has been constantly put back. I was hoping that Haze was going to be better than it was and that really was very poor (I am sure that people on here were calling it a Halo killer....oh well never mind.)

Uncharted is good and I am enjoying it, but the shameful thing is that most of the PS2 games that people were hoping were going to bought out for the PS3 just haven' t materialise or if they have they have now become multi platform or 360 exclusives.

I think that people got way to over excited over the PS3 as having it' s year this year, I would say 2009 might be a better year for it.
Chee Saw

RE: So this is the year of the PS3... - Jun 06, 2008 16:19
Rampage, you' re killin' me! You know better than to argue with fag. Especially, ESPECIALLY, these fanboy rants about PS3 v. 360! We' ve been here before. You know he likes to play the Devil' s advocate.

Bottom line is, pick up Uncharted. You won' t be disappointed. If you' re a fan of Ratchet and Clank, then by all means, indulge. It is a good game. Folklore is pretty interesting as well, though not spectacular. Solid RPG elements, story line, and excellent art direction. Other than that I say just go crazy with Blu-ray movies!

Personally, NG2 owns my time right now. That is, the time I actually invest in video games, which isn' t a lot.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: So this is the year of the PS3... - Jun 06, 2008 17:48
The problem could be is that with little stand-out exclusive titles coming out, beyond the MGS fans who else is going to rush out to buy a ps3 this year?
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: So this is the year of the PS3... - Jun 06, 2008 19:00
Chee, I don' t think Rampage is trying to conduct a PS3 Vs 360 fanboy flame war. Ornodeal has hit the nail on the head.
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: So this is the year of the PS3... - Jun 06, 2008 20:06

Calling all Cars (PSN)
Warhawk
Flow (PSN)
Motor Storm
Folklore
Genji (try the demo)
Heavenly Sword
NG Sigma
Ratchet & Clank
Siren New Translation (PSN) (not out yet)
Super Rub a Dub (PSN)
Tekken Dark Resurrection

Im not saying these are all perfect games but mostly are good so check them out and see if you like some of them.

By the way, does anyone have Lair? Theres been a patch that fixed the sixaxis controlling thing and now you can use the analog to do that. If this was the only downside that destroyed the game does this mean its a good game now?
Chee Saw

RE: So this is the year of the PS3... - Jun 06, 2008 20:09
I wasn' t saying that he was orchestrating the debate. I was saying that he was being baited into it, but he should know better. Emo likes to do that sh*t just to get a rise outta people! Right now Rampage is his target on several threads because he is responding to him.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: So this is the year of the PS3... - Jun 06, 2008 20:13
If you didn' t evaluate thinsg properly before you bought the thing then more fool you. You can' t complain.

PlayStation concoles get PlayStation games and this means Gran Turismo, Ratchet & Clank, Tekken, WipEout etc... if those dont float your boat then you' ll be using it as a Blu-Ray player.

Uncharted is the best game on PS3 right now, closely followed by Ratchet & Clank and Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Gran Turismo is great but feels dated due to the lack of body damage or a decent physics engine. Warhawk kicks ass, as does Tekken: Dark Resurrection. Calling All Cars! and fl0w are pretty good too. Formula One, UT III, MotorStorm, Folklore, Heavenly Sword, Virtua Tennis 3, PixelJunk Monsters and Time Crisis 4 are all worth picking up...

I could play DMC4 with the 360 pad, ...same goes for Burnout Paradise and Virtua Fighter 5. I' ll be getting the PS3 versions of Soul Calibur IV and Street Fighter 4 as well as any other third party games that stand up technically against their 360 counterparts (unless it' s somthing like Bad Company which i' ll be getting for 360 to pwn Eddie, Agent and Torr).

Metal Gear is out next week, WipEout HD should be out within a couple of weeks, Soulcalibur IV is out in July, SOCOM in September, LittleBigPlanet in October, Resistance 2 (could be good i guess) in November... then there' s fl0wer, PixelJunk Eden etc... for PSN.

Killzone 2, Infamous, Jak and Daxter, L.A. Noire, WarDevil, Twisted Metal, Final Fantasy XIII, White Knight Chronicles etc are all 2009 titles... so there' s definitely some good stuff coming up.

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message