Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Woah! Phew! Huge data recovery.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
Woah! Phew! Huge data recovery. - Jun 28, 2004 00:03
As a few of you will have noticed, after the forums were down most of the weekend, an attempted recovery meant that the forums was wareped back to nearly A YEAR AGO with all new members and posts VANISHED since that date! But now, after a highly stressful few hours, we managed to recover the whole lot, and there shouldn' t ne a single noticable difference in sight!

Phew...
< Message edited by Adam Doree -- 6/28/2004 12:07:14 AM >
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: Woah! Phew! Huge data recovery. - Jun 28, 2004 00:07
Yea I was thinking you were messing around with updates with the page being down and all but then when I came on and noticed that my username was no longer found and that the newest post was 2003 I figured something not so good was up.
Good thing you were able to recover everything
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Woah! Phew! Huge data recovery. - Jun 28, 2004 00:19
Dude for a while there I **really, seriously** though we were going to have to " make do" with just what we had from August 2003 on wards - and all users would have to reregister. I am really pleased that we can still keep everything the way it' s supposed to be especially since the forums have grown so much in the last year and we' ve had some good stuff happen here.

The forum winners for May AND June are being announced momentarily!
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Woah! Phew! Huge data recovery. - Jun 28, 2004 00:20
Wow, and I thought it was just me! Updated my antivirus software and everything!
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Woah! Phew! Huge data recovery. - Jun 28, 2004 02:12
What is interesting to me as that the Magic Box forums were hacked shortly before these forums went down. The Magic Box page was replaced with some political BS, and then this forum just said " Error... line 19" or similar. I keep checking (of course) and finally see some interesting new threads I had never seen before. I try logging in. I' m not a member! I' ve been BANNED! Oh wait. All of the posts are from 2003. I wasn' t a member in 2003. I' ll check back later. .....time passes as I play Daytona on the Dreamcast in RGB...... Hey look! I' m a member again and the new threads are back! Great job!

I hope the forums were not hacked like Magic Box' s were.
otaku

• Total Posts : 195
RE: Woah! Phew! Huge data recovery. - Jun 28, 2004 19:09
Congradulations for fixing it Adam,

Forums are such a pain, and something so small can bring a whole forum down. I' m glad you were able to sort it out! Also since I am back home from uni, theres no more stupid firewall stopping me from posting Looking forward to chatting to you all on the Fourm!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll