Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 GRAW hits Japan
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
GRAW hits Japan - Jun 30, 2006 22:42
This month' s top 2 scoring games are:

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter - 9,8,8,9 (34/40)
Chrome Hounds - 9,7,8,9 (33/40)

Two Xbox 360 titles?! Scored so highly in a Sony biased publication?! Chrome Hounds?!

Ok, so Famitsu may suck but the Japanese love it. Chrome Hounds is available in offline demo form on Xbox Live and having played it i' m not impressed at all. The Japanese however have a penchant for big mecha games and a mecha game by SEGA (developed by From Software) is bound to go down very well there.

The suprising thing is how highly GRAW scored. I had been intrigued by how well N3 scored last month but there' s nothing remotely Japanese about Advanced warfighter, it' s a western military, shader heavy 3rd person shooter. It' s not a game i' d expect to be popular in Japan, i wonder if it' ll move some machines there...
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: GRAW hits Japan - Jun 30, 2006 22:44

Ok, so Famitsu may suck but the Japanese love it. Chrome Hounds is available in offline demo form on Xbox Live and having played it i' m not impressed at all.

Played the game at E3 and hated EVERY minute of it.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: GRAW hits Japan - Jun 30, 2006 22:59
I kind of liked the demo :P

Anyway my japanese friend is playing the full version at this moment.
Its must be out O_o
5-6 achviments are through singel player.

Story mode sniper
Story mode soldier
story mode defender
story mode bla bla
Story mode bla bla

and many strange achivmenst like deploy diffrent mech i saw,and play 3 seasons with same country...wtf?!
Hidemoto

• Total Posts : 311
RE: GRAW hits Japan - Jul 01, 2006 01:55

The suprising thing is how highly GRAW scored. I had been intrigued by how well N3 scored last month but there' s nothing remotely Japanese about Advanced warfighter, it' s a western military, shader heavy 3rd person shooter. It' s not a game i' d expect to be popular in Japan, i wonder if it' ll move some machines there...

many japanese are crazy about weaponry...they know all models of guns...

if you ever seen the anime called Full Metal Panic you will know what i mean...

even if they´re crazy about weapons they aren´t as agressive or nuts was some military lovers in the west
Naked Snake

• Total Posts : 228
RE: GRAW hits Japan - Jul 01, 2006 02:37
How about " GROW" hits Switzerland?^^
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: GRAW hits Japan - Jul 01, 2006 09:40
I bet all 20 Xbox 360 owners in Japan will be delighted.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: GRAW hits Japan - Jul 01, 2006 12:28
I think they have sold at least 21. I' m pretty sure Terry bought a Japanese unit so he could play all of the exclusive Japanese games that are too awesome for the US.
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: GRAW hits Japan - Jul 01, 2006 12:42
A game like cromehounds isn' t about the action, its about the strategy. The strategy in choosing your parts and building a unique mech while trying to counter what the opposition is doing. In a good cromehounds match the result will be decided before the match starts. Because you will have chosen your weapon and will have a strategy in place amongst your teamates.

This is why I think a demo for this game is a bad idea. In the demo all you get is the fluff and none of the core mechanics of a mech game.

Then again, I haven' t tried it so maybe it does suck but I bet neither Majik or Terry likes Armored Core.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: GRAW hits Japan - Jul 01, 2006 17:02

Then again, I haven' t tried it so maybe it does suck but I bet neither Majik or Terry likes Armored Core.

I haven' t played anything from the Armored Core series so I don' t know whether I' d like it or not. I did enjoy the Virtual On games but that seems to be a slightly different breed of mech combat..

In the latest issue of EGM, they hated Chromehounds for pretty much the same reasons I did.. Movement was just WAYYYYYYYYYY too slow, it' s the slowest mech game I' ve ever seen. It took almost forever and a day to navigate the battlefield, there was absolutely no fun in that at all..
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: GRAW hits Japan - Jul 01, 2006 20:02

In the latest issue of EGM, they hated Chromehounds for pretty much the same reasons I did.. Movement was just WAYYYYYYYYYY too slow, it' s the slowest mech game I' ve ever seen. It took almost forever and a day to navigate the battlefield, there was absolutely no fun in that at all..

Me thinks they wanted to keep that silky smooth framerate going at 60fps
I' d rather 30fps with more action/detail and faster microwave ovens.
Nitro

RE: GRAW hits Japan - Jul 01, 2006 20:59
The first 3 Armoured Core games rocked but i haven' t played them since then. I loved Mechassault and Mechassault 2, and to a lesser degree the Mechwarrior series on PC.

I see the appeal of Chrome Hounds but the demo is BAD and is only offline. The decision i will have to make is whether i' m prepared to pay the full retail price (£50) for a game i' ll only play online.
Silentbomber

RE: GRAW hits Japan - Jul 01, 2006 23:21
Then go to the dark side Majik, we are all friends here...
Nitro

RE: GRAW hits Japan - Jul 01, 2006 23:51

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

Then go to the dark side Majik, we are all friends here...

The dark side? You mean Sony? It' s getting tempting actually...
Silentbomber

RE: GRAW hits Japan - Jul 02, 2006 00:56
No!

I mean.. the dark side of videogaming... the Priate-side... if you know what I mean.

If you dont, I give up!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: GRAW hits Japan - Jul 02, 2006 00:59
What.....
are you saying...
that...
YOU' RE NOT PAYING FOR YOUR GAMES !?!?!?!?!
Game Junkie

RE: GRAW hits Japan - Jul 02, 2006 05:59
fucking PIRATES.
Silentbomber

RE: GRAW hits Japan - Jul 02, 2006 10:44
Like you all really care.
Game Junkie

RE: GRAW hits Japan - Jul 02, 2006 16:30
good point^
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: GRAW hits Japan - Jul 03, 2006 00:35
It' s not nice of you to not pay for your games. In the end it' s me and all the other guys that actually pays for your games. We have to pay the higher prices, and we have to put up with all those copy protection and stuff. When it' s your fault!
You are leeches and you' re costing me and my dear developers money. GO TO HELL!
Not that I care that much but I still dislike leeches.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 2 Jul 06 16:35:51 >
Silentbomber

RE: GRAW hits Japan - Jul 03, 2006 01:40
Priacy is good, think about it, You would have never played some of those games that you have today becuase of Priacy [assumeing that you have used it], maybe becuase you can not afford all of those games, maybe that obscure game, you might give it a try, and end up loving it, and thanks to priacy, you found it. This isnt all bad for devolpers either becuase they have a new and easily assesible fanbase ready for more. Which would boost sales.

Pricay gives you the choice to Play and not be burned from the cost of buying an expensive game that you may/may not like.

Really Priacy isnt that big of a problem, Devolpers just lash out on it becuase they blame anybody but their crap game on poor sales. And thats the Truth.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 2 Jul 06 17:41:09 >
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread