Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Medal Of Honor Airborne First Gameplay videos.
JalleNalle

• Total Posts : 191
Medal Of Honor Airborne First Gameplay videos. - Nov 04, 2006 23:31
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/794/794432/vids_1.aspx

Look' s like another Band Of Brothers clone, if you ask me, but that' s the reason why I' m definatly picking this one up. What' s your opinion on this game?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Medal Of Honor Airborne First Gameplay videos. - Nov 06, 2006 01:29
I' ve been spoiled with ironsights & secondary weapon grenades, I don' t think I' ll be going back.
_Ninja_Protocol_

• Total Posts : 212
RE: Medal Of Honor Airborne First Gameplay videos. - Nov 06, 2006 01:55
I never really liked the Medal of Honor series. Well, I played the first one and I didn' t like the fact that I was a " one man Nazi killing machine" . But COD2 and Brothers in Arms really bought that " squad" like feel.

I' ll wait to hear the review on this game...
JalleNalle

RE: Medal Of Honor Airborne First Gameplay videos. - Nov 06, 2006 02:07
Well, in COD2 and Medal Of Honor I feel like " one man Nazi killing machine" . They run like maniacs towards you and try to stab you with a bayonet, when you are 200 yards away with a machinegun. You kill, like 500 nazis a minute. And I do enjoy killing nazis. You all have to agree there is nothing like throwing a granade into a bunker and then hear " Ah sheisse eine handgranaten, *KABOOM* But the main problem with all these WW2 games are the overwhelming patriotism. Maybe if you live in US you think that' s nice, but I don' t and it' s pathetic.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Medal Of Honor Airborne First Gameplay videos. - Nov 06, 2006 03:34
BiA > CoD > MoH
JalleNalle

RE: Medal Of Honor Airborne First Gameplay videos. - Nov 06, 2006 03:43

BiA > CoD > MoH

You pretty much hit the spot there.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Medal Of Honor Airborne First Gameplay videos. - Nov 06, 2006 11:06

But the main problem with all these WW2 games are the overwhelming patriotism. Maybe if you live in US you think that' s nice, but I don' t and it' s pathetic.

I live in the US and I can guarantee you there' s lots of us here who are sick of it too. Apparently about 49% of us, or maybe a bit more with a margin of error generated by election fraud. I guess the thing about WWII is it was the last time the that most of the general public in the US agreed that a war was worthwhile. (Although the US sure waited a long time to get involved.)

But to steer this back away from becoming too political, I look at the state of the whole games industry and I am struggling to remain interested. There is hardly anything these days but WWII and post-apocalyptic nightmare world scenarios. All this sh!t is played out!! And why are RPGs almost always set in medieval scenarios? Everything is just so repetitive and derivative these days.

When I got into gaming, most games were incredibly creative and bizarre. (Space Harrier anyone?) The whole push towards realism in graphics has definitely taken its toll on originality in creative vision. If war becomes our most compelling entertainment, we are all screwed.

Plus, as I get older, I' m not as interested in fulfilling my adolescent power-fantasies anymore. Maybe I am getting too old for this stuff.
< Message edited by Zoy -- 6 Nov 06 8:51:31 >
steptechdotnet

• Total Posts : 91
RE: Medal Of Honor Airborne First Gameplay videos. - Nov 06, 2006 12:04

I live in the US and I can guarantee you there' s lots of us here who are sick of it too. Apparently about 49% of us, or maybe a bit more with a margin of error generated by election fraud. I guess the thing about WWII is it was the last time the that most of the general public in the US agreed that a war was worthwhile. (Although the US sure waited a long time to get involved.)

But to steer this back away from becoming too political, I look at the state of the whole games industry and I am struggling to remain interested. There is hardly anything these days but WWII and post-apocalyptic nightmare world scenarios. All this sh!t is played out!! And why are RPGs almost always set in medieval scenarios? Everything is just so repetitive and derivative these days.

When I got into gaming, most games were incredibly creative and bizarre. (Space Harrier anyone?) The whole push towards realism in graphics has definitely taken its toll on originality in creative vision. If war becomes our most compelling entertainment, we are all screwed.

Plus, as I get older, I' m not as interested in fulfilling my adolescent power-fantasies anymore. Maybe I am getting too old for this stuff.

You just mirrored my thinking word for word (even the space harrier bit, one of sickest game ever created). That' s the exact same way i feel & that' s why I keep buying games and rarely play them because everything feels soo derivative, I can' t stay interested for more than a day. Guess that' s what happens when the west becomes the dominant developers.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Medal Of Honor Airborne First Gameplay videos. - Nov 06, 2006 14:21

BiA > CoD > MoH

more like COD}* every other WWII game series

*thats what I get for buying a french keyboard....
< Message edited by Agent ghost -- 6 Nov 06 6:21:43 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message