Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 It Couldn' t be... Could it?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
It Couldn' t be... Could it? - Aug 21, 2007 00:13

One of my Microsoft Belgium sources has just sent me an email with some news about a future Xbox 360 rebranding revealed at a press event in Francorchamps, Belgium hours ago. (Earlier today? Late last night? Timezones confuse me.) According to him:

" The embargo just lifted on some news I got earlier. At an as of yet unknown date, the Core will be completely phased out and repackaged as the ' Xbox Arcade: Just Play' pack. It will come with 5 games (I assume Uno and Pac-Man are two since I believe I saw them on the box art shown), a 256 mb memory card, and will be priced at 279. I' m not 100% sure about this part, but my notes say it will have an HDMI exit, but no cable in the box."

I' m not sure if the price he gave is in Euros, dollars or some imaginary money I' ve never heard of, or if this will make it stateside at all, but I' m sure once we get towards more normal hours more information will start to trickle out. He' s also going to send us the slides from the presentation in a short while, so we' ll see if I can manage to be awake when those get here.

*UPDATE*

As promised, here' s an image from the slideshow showcasing the new Xbox Arcade, as well as the already-announced price cuts.

I' m not sure.... but I think that was done in Microsoft Paint.

My better judgement says no, of course... but... I dunno. The box art for the last one sports a higher level of quality than how it was pieced together with Photoshop. Somebody who was good enough to photoshop an entirely new box art certainly wouldn' t leave white jagged edges on their masterpiece would they?

Currently I say a little bit of truth in the rumor, but it still smells really really fishy.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: It Couldn' t be... Could it? - Aug 21, 2007 00:17
Like i said on GAF...

ORIGINAL: Majik

Nu uh!

Not happening.

Seriously.

Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: It Couldn' t be... Could it? - Aug 21, 2007 00:20
Eddie, you are starting to really scare me, shit are u high or something? that pictures looks soooo fake it' s a joke, look at that Arcade sticke, i mean there is no doubt about it , this pic is a horrible fake.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: It Couldn' t be... Could it? - Aug 21, 2007 00:55
I' m aware the pic is fake. I' m certainly not contesting that. Read my OP again. I stated that the image was compiled like shit. I' m just wondering where the image for the " Xbox 360 Arcade" came from.

Yeah, yeah, that bit about the little bit of truth underneath the bullshit? Yeah. That' s the one.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: It Couldn' t be... Could it? - Aug 21, 2007 01:36

I' m just wondering where the image for the " Xbox 360 Arcade" came from.

I don' t know for sure, but it looks like the kind of thing that might turn up on a brochure about Live, or a games catalog or something.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: It Couldn' t be... Could it? - Aug 21, 2007 04:31
It' s actually not a bad idea. I was just thinking that MS should have something to compete directly with the Wii. Three of my friends just bought Wii' s, and they' re all girls, and all over 25 (one is over 35). They like it because of the simple little games that come with the system.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: It Couldn' t be... Could it? - Aug 21, 2007 16:58
seems a bit dodgy to me, the article states that the cost was in unknown units but the picture clearly states 279 Euros for the arcade version. However I' m sure that there is a grain of truth in the re-branding exercise.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll