Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 ' Half Blood Prince' thoughts??
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 26 of 26
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: ' Half Blood Prince' thoughts?? - Aug 19, 2005 13:04
YOu' ve made all the points I would have made J_Dizzle. And it' s those points that convince me he' s not evil. First of all it is a waste to build this great character the whole way through and then ahve him turn into the obvious. No more strife, no more mystery, just exactly as every hint pointed out. Second, in every book Rowling has loved to present an idea that is blatantly obvious, and then have it turn out the opposite. Third, In no way is she going to sour image of Dumbledore who the whole book we are lead to believe is almost godlike by making him out to be a fool. I' ll take your bet that Snapes not evil the next book, and anyone else who' s interested. How bout' the loser rights a wonderful poem about the winner praising them, preferably in the form of a haiku or a limerick.
J_Dizzle

• Total Posts : 133
RE: ' Half Blood Prince' thoughts?? - Aug 19, 2005 14:05
i can do a haiku, so youre totally on. the h is o. and i never said dumbledore was a fool, and i dont think that he would be if it turns out im right. he looked for the good in everyone. he is(or was, but still is?) just that kind of person. i dont think that makes him foolish as much as optimistic. anyways, what else do you think about the story that isnt stated mxpx. email youre thoughts to me and ill reply mine.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: ' Half Blood Prince' thoughts?? - Aug 19, 2005 15:20
Rigth on Dizzle, I can' t wait for my own personal Haiku! As for the story, since this is spoiler full already I can say a few things. Number 1, I think Malfoy will turn to the good side in the end. The whole way Dumbledore was pleading with him at the end there, and his reluctance to kill him. She seems to have really set that up, plus making him more human with all the crying and stuff. Number 2, as I said, Snape will also be revealed as being good. He may in fact be the hero of the whole story in the end I think. Kind of the same way Sam is the true hero of LOTR, I think Snape will fill a similar role in the last potter book. I really thought the character they were going to off was going to be Hagrid simply because they distanced him from the kids in this book, either way though, his role was really diminished, but it helped to speed thigns up. Who stole the locket? I really don' t know, but I don' t think it' s anyone that' s being speculated, ie . Sirius' s uncle. I really wish something would happen to Percy already. She' s been villifying him every book for the last 3, but nothing happens. Why put him in there and villify him if you' re not going to use him, so I think something is going to happen there as well.
J_Dizzle

RE: ' Half Blood Prince' thoughts?? - Aug 19, 2005 15:46
i dig, totally. I think Malfoy will turn good as well. my little brother thinks that snape will play a big role for the side of good as well, but i still have my reservations. its just the way J.K. Rowling writes him. isnt Sirius uncle name Rueblus A. Black though? i mean, right when i read that part that is what i thought. but why wouldnt he tell dumbledore if he knew about the horcruxs? maybe he didnt think he could trust him. there are to many things both for or against this to really make any headway, but i figure its probably him just because there had to be someone else in the black family besides sirius(and tonks) that isnt evil. plus, it would make sense for it to be sirius' uncle because he left harry the house at 12 Grimmuald Place and he didnt go there last book. i just know thought of that, but i think that just convinced me. what do you think?
Jason Zeidan

• Total Posts : 308
RE: ' Half Blood Prince' thoughts?? - Aug 19, 2005 17:42
In an interview from Entertainment Weekly, Rowling said that there won' t be any new characters (she didn' t say ' no new characters' , just not as much as the last books), but very minor characters from the past books becoming very major in the last ' Potter. " Many minor characters will play bigger roles in the next book" . Sirius' s uncle, anyone? Or maybe Bellatrix, or Malfoy' s mom?
J_Dizzle

RE: ' Half Blood Prince' thoughts?? - Aug 19, 2005 18:13
Dude, that just makes me think it was him(sirius' uncle) even more. i got a feeling that he is the one. it would just make so much sense.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 26 of 26

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message