Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Official review/preview Q&A thread
Change Page: << < ..111213141516 > | Showing page 14 of 16, messages 261 to 280 of 303
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 10, 2009 04:24
I loathe skateboarding, and I have nothing but contempt for games related to such.  A jackass builds a ramp so he can ride it on a piece of wood with four wheels.  Ground breaking stuff.  If I was paid to make a case for how retarded the human race is, the first thing I would mention is skateboarding. 

You can't make a great game based on garbage.  The point of a videogame is to either simulate something that is great or to make compelling gameplay mechanics.  Anything based on skateboarding is intrinsically made of fail.  To the same end we won't  make a game based on knitting or watching paint dry.  For a concept to have any merit at all it has to have either intellectual or emotional merit.  Skateboarding appeals to the lowest common denominator, it's so far below any standard of significance that...I have nothing to say.  Skateboarding is useless.

Skate 1? Skate 2?  WHO CARES!?     
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 10, 2009 06:24
"Skateboarding appeals to the lowest common denominator"

Couldnt have said it better myself. (SceneKids, Emos, "hardcore kids", extreme!!!'s)
Edwin

• Total Posts : 658
Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 10, 2009 11:32
Johnny Jiron

Skate 2 coming in a few weeks... the demo was "show-ful" is probably the best fake word I can think of. 60fps is by far a nice additon. The new tricks are fantastic. Visually it's hit and miss but I'm quite passive about games with big free-roaming worlds...but fuck that demo was so fuckn limited...fuck you EA and your shitty demos...

Anyways I was wondering if kikizo has anything to say about this first game to grab in 09 (well for me at least).

Also...still holding onto that 8/10 for Killzone 2? I should probably go reserve it and play the demo but fuck I hate gamestop now so yeah...

I just dont know what to think. It looks nice in those videos...but I've grown bothered by fps games what require damn near a full clip to drop one person. Plus that whole bullet physics crap well just seems like crap. A unique death my ass, I keep seeing that hit to the shoulder spin animation. Seems like call of duty's death animations followed by rag-doll only done a bit better admittedly.

In all honesty Skate 2 isn't something I particularly give a fuck about, but we'll see what we can do :)

It doesn't take many bullets to drop someone in KZ2, but they have to be on-target. Empty a clip in one go and the other guy will still be standing when you reload (especially if you're using a heavy machine gun), but fire controlled bursts and he'll snuff it in a second. The exceptions to the rule are well-padded shotgunners and those massive mecha troopers.

I wouldn't pay much attention to the bullet physics stuff - it's there, it's very impressive, but at the end of the day it's just another kind of death throe. There are better reasons to own this game. My key concern at the moment is that the campaign won't offer sufficient and sufficiently exciting set-piece encounters - with hindsight, none of the big battles I fought through in the single player beta were quite up to the standard of, say, the Scarab/buggy/rocket launcher bit in Halo 3.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 10, 2009 20:00
I played the Skate 1 demo when it came out. It wasn't bad, but not something I'd want to dump time or money into.
Edwin

Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 10, 2009 20:19
Nobody into HAWX then? I was pleasantly surprised by that one.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 10, 2009 23:09

Nobody into HAWX then? I was pleasantly surprised by that one.
Flight sims aren't my thing.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 11, 2009 09:33
First impressions from the trailers for HAWX have been one of - baahahahaha.

Then when they talk about stuff like the Enhanced Reality System or ERS, you laugh some more.

Alls I want to know is, is it better than the Ace Combat series.

And what dyu mean is it worth the pain of watching Top Gun??  That film's qual-ity.  If Hawx doesn't license Highway to the Danger Zone as background music then I'm not interested.
<message edited by choupolo on Jan 11, 2009 18:36>
Edwin

Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 11, 2009 11:57
It's more serious than Ace Combat, sometimes to its detriment I think. I don't think Tom Clancy ever penned a joke in his life.

You'd better be right about Top Gun, man. I'm holding you personally accountable for whatever mental and emotional state I might happen to be in after I watch it ;)
immortaldanmx

Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 11, 2009 17:08
Tom Cruise = Fail. Luckily Top Gun was before he found cult... er I mean religion..er I mean Scientology.
Edwin

Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 12, 2009 10:28
Bit of an oddity, that man. Anyone heard anything good about his latest flick, Valkyrie?
immortaldanmx

Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 12, 2009 20:31
Edwin

Bit of an oddity, that man. Anyone heard anything good about his latest flick, Valkyrie?

Yes. Ive heard that everyone but Cruise did a decent job acting, and the critics seem to have the same opinion.
Edwin

Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 14, 2009 09:34
He's not bad in Collateral. Or so I'm deducing from the ten minutes or so I've watched.

Flower (PSN) preview -

http://games.kikizo.com/features/flower-ps3-hands-on-p1.asp

Absolutely lovely game from the makers of flow.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 15, 2009 00:24
You mean we won't be able to eat things?  At least in Flow you got to eat things.
Edwin

Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 15, 2009 13:22
At least you can eat things while playing Flower - one-handed control very much FTW.

Here's another 2009 feature, 21 Things We Missed, restoring some of the titles/events shamefully absent from the first one.

http://games.kikizo.com/features/21-things-we-missed-gaming-in-2009-p1.asp
Edwin

Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 19, 2009 18:17
Heads up, Dreamcast diehards! Ready 2 Rumble Revolution (Wii) interview -

http://games.kikizo.com/features/ready-2-rumble-revolution-interview-p1.asp
immortaldanmx

Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 20, 2009 03:11
Dreamcast diehards? I thought Ready 2 Rumble was on multiple consoles? I think I had it for N64.
Edwin

Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 20, 2009 10:26
Yeah, but it led on Dreamcast. Albeit only by a month or two.
Edwin

Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 20, 2009 23:45
Adam's done a super-massive GTA: Chinatown Wars preview, with lots of juicy screens.

http://games.kikizo.com/features/gta-chinatown-wars-handson-p1.asp

Still not 100% convinced myself. I think this one could go the same way as Phantom Hourglass - a cute distraction, but no substitute for a sofa, 50 inch screen and thousand-polygon character models.
immortaldanmx

Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 21, 2009 01:50
Edwin

a cute distraction, but no substitute for a sofa, 50 inch screen and thousand-polygon character models.

Thats handheld gaming in general.
Edwin

Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 22, 2009 18:49
Innit :)

GTA IV: Lost and the Damned hands-on -

http://games.kikizo.com/features/gta-iv-the-lost-and-damned-hands-on-p1.asp
Change Page: << < ..111213141516 > | Showing page 14 of 16, messages 261 to 280 of 303

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll