Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Official review/preview Q&A thread
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 10 of 16, messages 181 to 200 of 303
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Dec 06, 2008 03:34
You spelled it wrong, newfag. Its "amirite". Now pay the court a fine or pay with your life.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Dec 06, 2008 04:36
yeah lern spelling nub
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Dec 06, 2008 04:56
LocoRoco is amazing.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Dec 06, 2008 09:54
Eddie_the_Hated

You give him a raspberry ripple Iad? Or do you not remember that conversation you and I had? You were pretty shitfaced.

Of course I remember, but I wouldn't do that to Edwin's nose.  I like him pretty.

Being shitfaced makes gaming more fun, but it means I really suck at COD.  At least in Halo you can drink and drive on a ghost and get mowdowns :)
Edwin

• Total Posts : 658
Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Dec 09, 2008 20:28
The best game you can play while shitfaced is Saints Row 2. Laugh a minute, trust me :)

Here's a single-player preview for Killzone 2 -

http://games.kikizo.com/features/killzone-2-sp-hands-on-p1.asp
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Dec 09, 2008 20:49
what did you think?
Edwin

Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Dec 09, 2008 20:58
I thought it was great. As to whether it's "worth the hype" - no, not at present. But then few games are.
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Dec 10, 2008 08:13
Still stands at an 8.5/10 for now with you?

I havent read the preview write-up yet, so I dont have anything to ask just yet. But something that has been bothering me is the death animations/ragdoll/thing...I watched a few MP videos and sometimes it seemed that instead of reacting to spot specific hits it was just twitching madly for no real good reason. A shotgun blast made the guy look like he was being mowed down by spray and pray machine gun fire. Tho other times it looked like it was rather accurate.

So like is the hit detection and death stuff a step up above other games or just average?

I hated the canned death animation in CoD4, but Rag-Doll deaths (fun to watch mind you) tend to be hit or miss. I was hoping by now that Natural Motion would have their stuff popping up all over, but even so it doesnt seem to be properly used. I played around with the tech and the stuff it can achieve in animtion is the closest to lifelike thus far...

hmm I lost my train of thought a while back... I'm real tired...if you can find the question I was asking then any answer would be cool I guess.
Edwin

Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Dec 10, 2008 09:12
Multiplayer death throes are canned, as far as I can tell, but single player stuff is all procedurally animated. It's probably a balancing issue as much as a technical one.

Let's call KZ2 an 8.5/10 with really, really strong aspirations towards a 9 at present :) Basically, if they can tell a compelling story and serve up multiplayer maps of the same quality as the three I played in the beta, it's a winn3r.
<message edited by Edwin on Dec 10, 2008 09:14>
_Majik_

• Total Posts : 198
Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Dec 10, 2008 10:22
Edwin gave Resistance 2 8.5/10 and that game is fucking trash.

Edwin

Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Dec 10, 2008 11:33
Funny, I guess they must have hidden all the fucking trash bits behind the awesomely good stuff :) Care to elaborate?
_Majik_

• Total Posts : 198
Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Dec 10, 2008 12:46
Simply creating a solo campaign that's "better" than the one we played through in the first title still doesn't make it anything other than mediocre at best.

Technically it's a mess. It still has the god-awful environmental texturing found in the first game... which was a launch title. It still has poorly modeled weapons. The particle effects and lighting model are still lame.

The storyline isn't exactly coherent, and you don't feel any kind of empathy towards Hale. In fact, the characters as a whole are dull, uninspired and cliched. I don't know what the budget for the game was but the production levels aren't anywhere near where i expected them to be. It has nothing to offer that we haven't seen in a hundred games before it, and what it does have to offer is subpar.

The multiplayer component is arguably the strongest aspect, but the netcode is shitty and it never approaches CoD4/Gears league. It doesn't matter how big and feature filled it is if the content is weak and it isn't fun to play.

I'd say it was better than Halo 3, ...but that was shit too. With so many good games on shelves this Christmas, it's impossible to forgive the flaws found in Resistance 2. Insomniac should stick to making Ratchet & Clank games because those are awesome. They've had two attempts at this shit now and have fallen well short of the line on both occasions. CoD4's solo campaign may very well have been dreadful, but it's multiplayer component more than made up for it. Resistance 2 doesn't have any strong points to fall back on... it's just meh.

<message edited by _Majik_ on Dec 10, 2008 12:48>
Edwin

Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Dec 10, 2008 18:47
I agree that the visuals aren't top of their class, the mission structure and core mechanics are so much old rope, and the plot is stiff-lipped action fodder.

On the other hand, there's the usual Insomniac inventiveness with the weapons (and most are more than gimmicks), the game's sense of scale is practically God-of-War-esque, the engine can handle thirty-strong firefights without much trouble and the multiplayer modes are, in a word, cavernous. "Meh", "lame" and "a mess" is definitely stretching it - as is calling Halo 3 "shit". Go chase the dragon somewhere else, you goddamn hippy! :)
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Dec 10, 2008 19:19
Halo 3 is SHIT.
Edwin

Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Dec 10, 2008 19:20
AND YOU CAN TAKE YOUR CRACK WHORE FRIEND WITH YOU TOO
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Dec 10, 2008 22:57

I thought Halo 3 was good.  Way better than Halo 2 and the majoirty of console FPS out there.    
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Dec 10, 2008 23:08

I thought Halo 3 was good.  Way better than Halo 2 and the majoirty of console FPS out there.   
Campaign maybe, but Halo 2 multiplayer shits all over Halo 3s.

....And yes, Hal doesn't afraid of anything.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Dec 11, 2008 00:46
mastachefbkw

Campaign maybe, but Halo 2 multiplayer shits all over Halo 3s.

....And yes, Hal doesn't afraid of anything.

Nah, there's no Grifball in Halo 2.  Better than Speedball 2 and Brutal Sports Football.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Dec 11, 2008 02:10
who said 'and dosetn afraid of anything'??
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Dec 11, 2008 02:37
Silentbomber

who said 'and dosetn afraid of anything'??

Its a meme.
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 10 of 16, messages 181 to 200 of 303

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll