Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Official review/preview Q&A thread
Change Page: << < ..111213141516 > | Showing page 13 of 16, messages 241 to 260 of 303
Edwin

• Total Posts : 658
Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 06, 2009 15:44
You make some good points there. Obviously I haven't been with Kikizo for as long as most of the posters here, so I wasn't acquainted with the old lady in her prime, but I know she's not quite so grand nowadays.

Again I can't really say anything about our media (or for that matter our staffing) strategy nor what resources we have available, but short-term the question of site "personality" is one we're looking to address (though I'd say Kikizo has a fuckton more of it than some of its competitors - 1UP I'll grant you, but Gamespot? Whateveeeeer dude). You can expect more irreverent features in future, and not just run-of-the-mill "best of" or "most wanted" style stuff, but more oddball and hopefully insightful offerings (suggestions welcome, as always). At some point we'll have comments threads for articles too. Baby steps, man , baby steps :)

I wasn't referring to our AOL traffic when I made the point about Kikizo Ltd. Other things are on the boil...
_Majik_

• Total Posts : 198
Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 06, 2009 16:19
Edwin

Other things are on the boil...

And have been for years ;)
Edwin

Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 06, 2009 16:37
Touche, sir, touche.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 06, 2009 19:11
The highlight of my short time here was always the video interviews with key players, around key events eg around E3 2005 there were some brilliant ones - and the questions asked (and hence the replies) were always more interesting than the standard fare on other sites.  Peter Moore's were just fun around that time, especially the backlash after his comments about the 360s backward's compatibility back then.

Also, I dont mind reading reviews rather than watching them, since you often get more time/space to say more about a game in a written article.  But of course you need HD gameplay videos at least these days.  The 15 minute MGS4 trailer was a successful example.
Edwin

Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 07, 2009 10:03
I'd definitely like to try my hand at some podcasting/interview stuff, audio if not visual. Just prior to my joining Kikizo my old boss and I were hatching a plan along those lines for his indie site.

Peter Moore is a legend :) In his heyday he outclassed every other publisher exec.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 07, 2009 10:26

Peter Moore is a legend :) In his heyday he outclassed every other publisher exec.

Yeah he's pretty cool.
Edwin

Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 07, 2009 17:00
Lord of the Rings: Conquest (360) preview -

http://games.kikizo.com/features/lotr-conquest-hands-on-preview-p1.asp

Any Tolkein fans here?
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 07, 2009 20:30
Edwin

Any Tolkein fans here?

I dreamed I wrote the entire LOTR trilogy last night.

Turned out I was just Tolkien in my sleep.
Edwin

Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 07, 2009 20:56
Stuart McAndrew: Lord of the Cringe.
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 08, 2009 01:42
Edwin

Any Tolkein fans here?

Going by your review that's just as much as I expected from it. A shame really I liked the books, didn't really like the movies though, they left way to much out of it. And as for any game that's lotr related...well they basically pretty much all sucked so I doubt anyont was expecting this one to be any different.

mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 08, 2009 05:25

they left way to much out of it.
Another mile of walking?
Edwin

Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 08, 2009 09:57
Demonoroth

Edwin

Any Tolkein fans here?

Going by your review that's just as much as I expected from it. A shame really I liked the books, didn't really like the movies though, they left way to much out of it. And as for any game that's lotr related...well they basically pretty much all sucked so I doubt anyont was expecting this one to be any different.

Preview, not review! Though I can't see the final version being miles better, if I'm honest.

EA's original Lord of the Rings beat-em-ups on PS2/Gamecube/Xbox were pretty entertaining.
_Majik_

Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 08, 2009 10:13
Edwin

Preview, not review!

Like he knows the difference...

He doesn't even know the difference between a dev studio and a publisher.
Demonoroth

Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 08, 2009 12:09
Edwin

Preview, not review! Though I can't see the final version being miles better, if I'm honest.

EA's original Lord of the Rings beat-em-ups on PS2/Gamecube/Xbox were pretty entertaining.

Hehehehe sorry forgot my p there 

But like you said not like it'll matter all that much. I don't see them pulling something fantastic off in another mere what 5 days or so they have left.

And as for those beat-em-ups. I tried to like them but it never really got to me. But that might have been because I had just finished doing Blood will tell a few times.

_Majik_

Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 08, 2009 12:13
Blood?
Demonoroth

Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 08, 2009 12:31
 Blood Will Tell: Tezuka Osamu's Dororo

It wasn't a super game but it sure made playing Lotr after that seem boring as hell.
_Majik_

Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 08, 2009 12:35
Never played it... but even if i had... would have played the LotR games beforehand seeing as they were released 2-3 years in advance.
Edwin

Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 08, 2009 21:46
Robocalypse (DS) review (what do you mean you've never heard of it?) -

http://games.kikizo.com/reviews/ds/robocalypse.asp

And an interview with them Atari chaps on Afro Samurai -

http://games.kikizo.com/features/afro-samurai-namco-interview-p1.asp
Edwin

Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 09, 2009 14:06
Tom Clancy's HAWX preview is live -

http://games.kikizo.com/features/tom-clancys-hawx-hands-on-jan09-p1.asp

Neeeeeeeooow, pew-pew-pew, ratatatat etc.

PS. In case I'm not making myself clear, this is one of them flight sims.
<message edited by Edwin on Jan 09, 2009 14:25>
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:Official review/preview Q&A thread - Jan 10, 2009 01:57
Skate 2 coming in a few weeks... the demo was "show-ful" is probably the best fake word I can think of. 60fps is by far a nice additon. The new tricks are fantastic. Visually it's hit and miss but I'm quite passive about games with big free-roaming worlds...but fuck that demo was so fuckn limited...fuck you EA and your shitty demos...

Anyways I was wondering if kikizo has anything to say about this first game to grab in 09 (well for me at least).

Also...still holding onto that 8/10 for Killzone 2? I should probably go reserve it and play the demo but fuck I hate gamestop now so yeah...

I just dont know what to think. It looks nice in those videos...but I've grown bothered by fps games what require damn near a full clip to drop one person. Plus that whole bullet physics crap well just seems like crap. A unique death my ass, I keep seeing that hit to the shoulder spin animation. Seems like call of duty's death animations followed by rag-doll only done a bit better admittedly. 
Change Page: << < ..111213141516 > | Showing page 13 of 16, messages 241 to 260 of 303

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll