Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Fallout 3 is going to be shit.
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 42
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 01, 2008 15:55
nekkid_monkey

I like Bethesda's games, but the setting for Fallout is a turn-off. Post-apocalyptic city...yawn.

The thing is it's not even a proper post apocalyptic setting.  Everything just looks like a junk yard.

emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 01, 2008 16:49
Nah, it looks exactly like you'd expect a nuclear ravaged world to look like, except maybe the sky is too clean, but then again it's supposed to be a long time after the events.

I mean, have you not been around destruction? Ground zero? That's how things are left like after they are destroyed, a pile of rubble, a junkyard, whatever you want to call it. It's 2008, they need to base their graphics on how things would actually look, not on a Goofy looking game from 1998.  Get over it.
<message edited by emofag on Sep 01, 2008 16:54>
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 01, 2008 18:40
I've got it pre-ordered.  I'm actually really looking forward to playing it.  Some people need to get their hyper-critical heads out of their asses and just enjoy games, for Christ's sake!  How can you spend 60+ hours on a game and THEN decide you don't like it?  Hahaha!  That's just dumb!

Sorry, but that's just how it be.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 01, 2008 19:30
Chee Saw

I've got it pre-ordered.  I'm actually really looking forward to playing it.  Some people need to get their hyper-critical heads out of their asses and just enjoy games, for Christ's sake!  How can you spend 60+ hours on a game and THEN decide you don't like it?  Hahaha!  That's just dumb!

It's easy, just play  a really good rpg afterwards and you will see why it sucks.

The industry is at a standstill, no innovation except for waving your arms around like a lunatic with the Wii. RPgs were much more advanced back then
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 01, 2008 20:20
Vx Chemical

Chee Saw

It's easy, just play  a really good rpg afterwards and you will see why it sucks.

The industry is at a standstill, no innovation except for waving your arms around like a lunatic with the Wii. RPgs were much more advanced back then

But the fact that you enjoyed the game when you played it means the game was good . It doesnt matter if a better game was released later on .
Vx Chemical

Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 01, 2008 21:20
2pac

Vx Chemical

Chee Saw

But the fact that you enjoyed the game when you played it means the game was good . It doesnt matter if a better game was released later on .

I played the entire thing hoping it would get better, but it never does. it manages to get worse.

No better games have be released (okay Mass Effect, but even that pales against Biowares earlier games)

The story is extremely boring, which you atleast have to make great if you dont have any consequences in the actions of the character. You can be a murderous assasin one day, and a valiant knight the next.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 02, 2008 03:53
So at 30+ hours you still hadn't figured out that you didn't like the game?

Personally, when I don't like games I stop playing them.

For example, F.E.A.R.  I played the first level and I was thinking,

"this office building is fucking boring, I hope the next environment is more interesting. "

then, "ah good, we're getting on a copter. Something interesting is coming"

then, "FUCK! another office building"

then I stopped playing it. It's in my cheap-ass-games-that-aren't-worth-trading-in-but-i'm-never-going-to-play-again pile. Right on top of Prey.
emofag

Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 02, 2008 04:54
RPGs were not more advanced, they were heavy on random dice rolls which is the kind of shit I don't want to see, I don't like missing 50 times in a row because of a random number generator, even conversation and other trivial tasks were base on dice roll.  Oblivion's story does suck ass I'll give you that much, but besides Planescape Torment older RPGs weren't much better either.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 02, 2008 05:05
huh? You're all gay. Oblivion pwnt and Fall Out 3 is going to pwn even more.  And Prey pwnt your face, you're double gay.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 02, 2008 06:08
Prey was ok . Wasnt Prey 2 under development ?
Vx Chemical

Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 02, 2008 06:09
emofag

RPGs were not more advanced, they were heavy on random dice rolls which is the kind of shit I don't want to see, I don't like missing 50 times in a row because of a random number generator, even conversation and other trivial tasks were base on dice roll.  Oblivion's story does suck ass I'll give you that much, but besides Planescape Torment older RPGs weren't much better either.

Tsshh its sad that the mind decay so fast and you forget.

emofag

Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 02, 2008 06:11
It's sad that you're senile and are living off Nostalgia.
Vx Chemical

Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 02, 2008 08:13
emofag

It's sad that you're senile and are living off Nostalgia.

Just because things are old doesnt mean they wernet better.

The choices you had in lots of older game affected the rest of the story and NPC's reactions towards you, but someone like you probably thinks Zelda is an RPG so i guess its pointless to try and educate you.
emofag

Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 02, 2008 08:18
No it really didn't, in the grand scheme of things it mostly stayed the same.

Some sub-plot elements may open but it's not like you completely change the story based on choices either.
Vx Chemical

Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 02, 2008 08:38
emofag

No it really didn't, in the grand scheme of things it mostly stayed the same.

Some sub-plot elements may open but it's not like you completely change the story based on choices either.

more so than in Oblivion where you couldnt affect anything. 

Chee Saw

Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 03, 2008 12:24
I think changing the storyline is overrated, anyway.  What happened to the REALLY good ol' days when the producers of a game came up with an interesting storyline for a game and it was linear as hell, but, gasp, we still enjoyed it!

I like Oblivion because it was good at what they wanted it to be.  Yeah, the story was somewhat whacked out, but the gameplay was enjoyable for me.  I can't wait to wander aimlessly around a post-apocalyptic future, either.

It's all just based on opinion, anyway.  Different strokes, as they say.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 03, 2008 16:27
multiple branching story lines will never work in videogames. its not possible.
emofag

Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 03, 2008 17:58
Silentbomber

multiple branching story lines will never work in videogames. its not possible.

It doesn't work in anything else either, unless you enjoy cheesy books that say "turn to page 10 if you want to do this, or change to page 20 if you want to do this", that shit is pathetic.  Play the fucking videogame, if you want to make choices put the controller down and get a life.
Chee Saw

Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 03, 2008 20:54
It's ok on a small scale.  If there's a couple of endings, or something, it provides a little incentive to play through a couple of times.  Some people are just looking for something that's unrealistic.  They want unlimited branches and endings.  I prefer a good narrative, anyday.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 03, 2008 22:03

I think changing the storyline is overrated, anyway.  What happened tothe REALLY good ol' days when the producers of a game came up with aninteresting storyline for a game and it was linear as hell, but, gasp, we still enjoyed it!

People stopped playing them because they had shitty combat systems and uninspired gameplay.  Am I the only one who doesn't care about the story?  Story is like 5% of the score's weight.  I don't even watch the ending anymore and I'll skip any cut scene i can as well.  If I wanted a good story I'd read a book, something we should be doing more often anyways. 
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 42

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message