Fallout 3 is going to be shit.

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 42
Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Aug 30, 2008 23:17
god the game looks so boring and uninspired, Im really questioning Bethesda's quailty as a dev. Oblivion sucked so much too.

2pac
  • Total Posts : 1032
  • Reward points : 6490
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Aug 30, 2008 23:24
I dont know on what basis you are saying this ? I can understand Vx saying it isnt like fallout but I dont see a reason why the game is going to be shit .
  [image]http://gdpit.com/avatars_pictures/animated/gdpit_com_45464555_806.gif[/image]

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Aug 30, 2008 23:29
There are plenty of reasons.

The animation is poor.

Roleplaying elements will only be  a remnant of what was done in the past (Fallout isnt the only perp in this)

Graphics is mediocre

The setting doesnt have style, play the orignals and you would know what i mean.

If your naming your game fallout 3, you had better be sure its excellent

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Aug 30, 2008 23:31
I think it looks badass.

the_shadowwolf
  • Total Posts : 675
  • Reward points : 17635
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Aug 31, 2008 00:25
Vx Chemical

If your naming your game fallout 3, you had better be sure its excellent

Damn right!
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

2pac
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Aug 31, 2008 00:34
Yes . But it need not be the same old game . Like Diablo 3 for example , its polished but it feels almost the same as diablo 2 and seems to play the same way . I would rather have a developer try to do something different than play it safe and give us more of the same with a coat of polish .
As far fallout 3 is concerned the animations are good enough , the graphics though not great are good .
  [image]http://gdpit.com/avatars_pictures/animated/gdpit_com_45464555_806.gif[/image]

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Aug 31, 2008 01:58
I hated the original Fallout, should I even consider playing Fallout 2?

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Aug 31, 2008 03:53
mastachefbkw

Mein God!?! Whats wrong with you?
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

2pac
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Aug 31, 2008 05:44
immortaldanmx

mastachefbkw

Mein God!?! Whats wrong with you?

I agree .. Both the fallout games have been awesome ...

emofag
  • Total Posts : 1508
  • Reward points : 20330
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Aug 31, 2008 07:27
Everyone here has played atleast 20 hours of oblivion, yes the game has problems but you get your moneys worth, 90% of the game sucks but that 10% that makes up those 20 hours is great, most games aren't decent for even 5 minutes, so stfu stop complaining about bethesda.

mastachefbkw
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Aug 31, 2008 08:02
I'm glad I played Oblivion, just because I can recall all of the lulz I got from it. "By azura, by azura, its the grand champion!" It gets me every time.

Vx Chemical
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Aug 31, 2008 10:59
I saw a mudcrab today.

the only decent thing about Oblivion were the dark brotherhood quest line.

mastachefbkw
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Aug 31, 2008 22:02

I thought the thieves guild was okay.

emofag
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 01, 2008 06:46
Vx Chemical

I saw a mudcrab today.

Which took like 20 hours to complete, you got your money's worth, STFU.

emofag
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 01, 2008 06:50
mastachefbkw

I thought the thieves guild was okay.

The thieve's guild sucked, and every "Good" or "neutral" guild also sucked, in a game with such hyper-realism you'd expect a more realistic "good" side.  Just because you're good doesn't mean your questlines should be all happy and sunshine, you should be cracking down psychopaths and serial killers, stop children from getting raped, preventing genocide, winning wars and in the process watch everyone you care for die, etc.   The story should remain as gritty and tragic as reality is, but bethesda likes to pussify the "good" side.

<message edited by emofag on Sep 01, 2008 06:51>

Vx Chemical
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 01, 2008 07:10
emofag

Vx Chemical

I saw a mudcrab today.

I completed the whole game, its mostly been in the retrospective iv found the game as bad as i do. Its been heralded as one of the greatest roleplaying games ever made, when its nearly not even a roleplaying game.

It fails as an action game for boring combat.

Its unbalanced as well, if you create a conjurer specialized mage you can walk throuigh the game like a breaze with a powerful demon by your side, whilst you as a archer type character, have to fire up to 20 arrows into a monster for it to stagger.

´The level scaling is horrid.

Bethesda doesnt make good games, decent at best, ofcourse there are those who like the games, but im pretty sure they dont like em because they loved the great RPG's of the past, like Baldurs Gate, Fallout, and Torment.

emofag
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 01, 2008 07:24
stfu

Ornodeal
  • Total Posts : 645
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 01, 2008 08:30
Oblivion was and still is the best value game of this generation so far in terms of content to do, even if some of the missions were a bit formulaic. The vistas were fantastic. The levelling did need a bit of tweaking as the monsters levelled up with you, but careful level planning (like you should do in any RPG) meant you kept well ahead of the game - my fighter with an absorb health enchanted sword sliced through anything.

If Fallout 3 provides even half the things to do I will this it would be a worthwhile purchase.

Johnny Jiron
  • Total Posts : 434
  • Reward points : 5360
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 01, 2008 09:40
Vx Chemical

emofag

Vx Chemical

I saw a mudcrab today.

I completed the whole game, its mostly been in the retrospective iv found the game as bad as i do. Its been heralded as one of the greatest roleplaying games ever made, when its nearly not even a roleplaying game.

It fails as an action game for boring combat.

Its unbalanced as well, if you create a conjurer specialized mage you can walk throuigh the game like a breaze with a powerful demon by your side, whilst you as a archer type character, have to fire up to 20 arrows into a monster for it to stagger.

´The level scaling is horrid.

Bethesda doesnt make good games, decent at best, ofcourse there are those who like the games, but im pretty sure they dont like em because they loved the great RPG's of the past, like Baldurs Gate, Fallout, and Torment.

Thank god for the pc versions user created content. So many things were cleaned up.

nekkid_monkey
  • Total Posts : 818
  • Reward points : 1280
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 01, 2008 13:43
I like Bethesda's games, but the setting for Fallout is a turn-off. Post-apocalyptic city...yawn.

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 01, 2008 15:55
nekkid_monkey

I like Bethesda's games, but the setting for Fallout is a turn-off. Post-apocalyptic city...yawn.

The thing is it's not even a proper post apocalyptic setting.  Everything just looks like a junk yard.

"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

emofag
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 01, 2008 16:49
Nah, it looks exactly like you'd expect a nuclear ravaged world to look like, except maybe the sky is too clean, but then again it's supposed to be a long time after the events.

I mean, have you not been around destruction? Ground zero? That's how things are left like after they are destroyed, a pile of rubble, a junkyard, whatever you want to call it. It's 2008, they need to base their graphics on how things would actually look, not on a Goofy looking game from 1998.  Get over it.
<message edited by emofag on Sep 01, 2008 16:54>

Chee Saw
  • Total Posts : 1466
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 01, 2008 18:40
I've got it pre-ordered.  I'm actually really looking forward to playing it.  Some people need to get their hyper-critical heads out of their asses and just enjoy games, for Christ's sake!  How can you spend 60+ hours on a game and THEN decide you don't like it?  Hahaha!  That's just dumb!

Sorry, but that's just how it be.

Vx Chemical
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 01, 2008 19:30
Chee Saw

I've got it pre-ordered.  I'm actually really looking forward to playing it.  Some people need to get their hyper-critical heads out of their asses and just enjoy games, for Christ's sake!  How can you spend 60+ hours on a game and THEN decide you don't like it?  Hahaha!  That's just dumb!

It's easy, just play  a really good rpg afterwards and you will see why it sucks.

The industry is at a standstill, no innovation except for waving your arms around like a lunatic with the Wii. RPgs were much more advanced back then

2pac
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 01, 2008 20:20
Vx Chemical

Chee Saw

It's easy, just play  a really good rpg afterwards and you will see why it sucks.

The industry is at a standstill, no innovation except for waving your arms around like a lunatic with the Wii. RPgs were much more advanced back then

But the fact that you enjoyed the game when you played it means the game was good . It doesnt matter if a better game was released later on .

Vx Chemical
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 01, 2008 21:20
2pac

Vx Chemical

Chee Saw

But the fact that you enjoyed the game when you played it means the game was good . It doesnt matter if a better game was released later on .

I played the entire thing hoping it would get better, but it never does. it manages to get worse.

No better games have be released (okay Mass Effect, but even that pales against Biowares earlier games)

The story is extremely boring, which you atleast have to make great if you dont have any consequences in the actions of the character. You can be a murderous assasin one day, and a valiant knight the next.

nekkid_monkey
  • Total Posts : 818
  • Reward points : 1280
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 02, 2008 03:53
So at 30+ hours you still hadn't figured out that you didn't like the game?

Personally, when I don't like games I stop playing them.

For example, F.E.A.R.  I played the first level and I was thinking,

"this office building is fucking boring, I hope the next environment is more interesting. "

then, "ah good, we're getting on a copter. Something interesting is coming"

then, "FUCK! another office building"

then I stopped playing it. It's in my cheap-ass-games-that-aren't-worth-trading-in-but-i'm-never-going-to-play-again pile. Right on top of Prey.

emofag
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 02, 2008 04:54
RPGs were not more advanced, they were heavy on random dice rolls which is the kind of shit I don't want to see, I don't like missing 50 times in a row because of a random number generator, even conversation and other trivial tasks were base on dice roll.  Oblivion's story does suck ass I'll give you that much, but besides Planescape Torment older RPGs weren't much better either.

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 02, 2008 05:05
huh? You're all gay. Oblivion pwnt and Fall Out 3 is going to pwn even more.  And Prey pwnt your face, you're double gay.
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

2pac
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 02, 2008 06:08
Prey was ok . Wasnt Prey 2 under development ?

Vx Chemical
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 02, 2008 06:09
emofag

RPGs were not more advanced, they were heavy on random dice rolls which is the kind of shit I don't want to see, I don't like missing 50 times in a row because of a random number generator, even conversation and other trivial tasks were base on dice roll.  Oblivion's story does suck ass I'll give you that much, but besides Planescape Torment older RPGs weren't much better either.

Tsshh its sad that the mind decay so fast and you forget.

emofag
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 02, 2008 06:11
It's sad that you're senile and are living off Nostalgia.

Vx Chemical
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 02, 2008 08:13
emofag

It's sad that you're senile and are living off Nostalgia.

Just because things are old doesnt mean they wernet better.

The choices you had in lots of older game affected the rest of the story and NPC's reactions towards you, but someone like you probably thinks Zelda is an RPG so i guess its pointless to try and educate you.

emofag
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 02, 2008 08:18
No it really didn't, in the grand scheme of things it mostly stayed the same.

Some sub-plot elements may open but it's not like you completely change the story based on choices either.

Vx Chemical
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 02, 2008 08:38
emofag

No it really didn't, in the grand scheme of things it mostly stayed the same.

Some sub-plot elements may open but it's not like you completely change the story based on choices either.

more so than in Oblivion where you couldnt affect anything. 

Chee Saw
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 03, 2008 12:24
I think changing the storyline is overrated, anyway.  What happened to the REALLY good ol' days when the producers of a game came up with an interesting storyline for a game and it was linear as hell, but, gasp, we still enjoyed it!

I like Oblivion because it was good at what they wanted it to be.  Yeah, the story was somewhat whacked out, but the gameplay was enjoyable for me.  I can't wait to wander aimlessly around a post-apocalyptic future, either.

It's all just based on opinion, anyway.  Different strokes, as they say.

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 03, 2008 16:27
multiple branching story lines will never work in videogames. its not possible.

emofag
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 03, 2008 17:58
Silentbomber

multiple branching story lines will never work in videogames. its not possible.

It doesn't work in anything else either, unless you enjoy cheesy books that say "turn to page 10 if you want to do this, or change to page 20 if you want to do this", that shit is pathetic.  Play the fucking videogame, if you want to make choices put the controller down and get a life.

Chee Saw
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 03, 2008 20:54
It's ok on a small scale.  If there's a couple of endings, or something, it provides a little incentive to play through a couple of times.  Some people are just looking for something that's unrealistic.  They want unlimited branches and endings.  I prefer a good narrative, anyday.

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 03, 2008 22:03

I think changing the storyline is overrated, anyway.  What happened tothe REALLY good ol' days when the producers of a game came up with aninteresting storyline for a game and it was linear as hell, but, gasp, we still enjoyed it!

People stopped playing them because they had shitty combat systems and uninspired gameplay.  Am I the only one who doesn't care about the story?  Story is like 5% of the score's weight.  I don't even watch the ending anymore and I'll skip any cut scene i can as well.  If I wanted a good story I'd read a book, something we should be doing more often anyways. 
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 42