Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Fallout 3 is going to be shit.
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 42 of 42
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 03, 2008 22:40
Agent i'd believe that you only skip the story becuase most videogame stories are shit. I also hate multiple ends, talk about what not to do when creating any form of storytelling.

I believe that Videogames offer the best way to tell a story in any entertainment medium, It just needs to be done right. Even games like Mgs [which I love] are doing it wrong, A great story dosent have to be done 45 mins cutscenes, I believe stuff like the way bioshock does storytelling is the way forward,  but it needs to be more... direct.
<message edited by Silentbomber on Sep 03, 2008 22:46>
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
Re:Fallout 3 is going to be shit. - Sep 04, 2008 08:49
Bioshock was a great story and visual experience (that is after all why it won so many plaudits) - but many people who played it as a straight FPS missed that.

I agree with you on MGS4 - were they trying to do an interactive movie or a game? For me the cutscenes and storyline should be long enough and impactful to provide all the drive of the plot but not too long that they lose the immersiveness of the game.
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 42 of 42

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message