Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 SONIC IS BACK!
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 66
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Mar 27, 2008 08:34
Sonic looks awesome,yeah this one.
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Mar 27, 2008 18:03
From some members on the sonic stadium

Well i' ve found this while i was watching the video in very very i mean very slow motion. Yup it' s a (A) button somehow, but it has to mean somthing, like jumping in the right time to catch a pole or somthing.

This somehow is a confirmation that the gameplay was actully on the Xbox 360 version which is by the way very pleasing. Still waiting for the PS3 confirmation though.

And oh my i do have a big eyes

and then this

Actually yes, the outer colour of the button is blue! (I thought it was green in the other topic.) It could be the Wii version after all, that' d be amazing. 8O

To me looks more like the button for the Wii or a GC controller...but...the graphics look to good in my opinion to come from a Wii version.

Looks like some kinda switch for a rail or something that will propel you forward...even has it' s own shadow..

Ooh and also this

Dear Member:
This is to notify you that we have removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by Sega of America, Inc. claiming that this material is infringing:

Sonic Unleashed! First gameplay video: 2D is back baby!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HJs0ZWoQuU

Please Note: Repeat incidents of copyright infringement will result in the deletion of your account and all videos uploaded to that account. In order to prevent this from happening, please delete any videos to which you do not own the rights, and refrain from uploading additional videos that infringe on the copyrights of others. For more information about YouTube' s copyright policy, please read the Copyright Tips guide.

Gametrailer had to take their video down as well...

It' s not that bad that they want their content off the Internet now...though it' s somewhat impractical.

The video was probably just a sort of tech demo obviously. I really don' t get why sites like GameTrailers are trying to show it off as a " Debut Trailer" (well just to get some more hits most likely). It wasn' t a debut trailer it wasn' t even really a trailer, it was just a showcase of some of the environments of the game, as well as a small portion of the gameplay. No Sega branded logo, no information whatsoever, and it was " leaked quality" if you get what I mean ahah.

It was still very nice to see, but I think it' s getting too much publicity as some sort of trailer, when in fact it' s just a small demo video which was leaked onto the Internet.

And Sega is probably wanting to keep the hype for this game down as to not put even more pressure on the shoulders of the people making the game
< Message edited by demonoroth -- 27 Mar 08 10:19:59 >
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Mar 28, 2008 06:48
The game looks absolutely amazing! Which makes it harder for me to understand how can this run on Teh Gimpo. Maybe theres a watered down version?

Also i think this is going to the PS3. No one said that it isnt. Just said the screens are for the 360 and the gimp which confirms the game for those consoles but doesnt deny it being on the PS3 as well.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Mar 28, 2008 08:35
To me the ' A' looks green... like the ' A' on a 360 controller.

I wonder when Sega will get round to showing off the game for real… like with some official screen shots and a proper trailer.
Demonoroth

RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Mar 28, 2008 18:48
As for officially announcing it and showing it...

That will probably be in May on their gaming day or we' ll have to wait till E3.
Elda Taluda

• Total Posts : 13
RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Apr 01, 2008 11:03
2-D Sonic!!! On a console!!! Time to rejoice fellow gamers!!!
whatabout_paul

RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Apr 04, 2008 02:20
No more rumours. Sonic Unleashed is official. It' s also for all consoles you can think of... PS3, 360, Wii and PS2. There' s a slightly different trailer too which shows off some more gameplay.

Ominously the press release makes light of a new challenge and something to do with a new way to play Sonic at night. Were Sonic confirmed then?
< Message edited by whatabout_paul -- 3 Apr 08 18:21:50 >
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Apr 04, 2008 02:31
Looks good! ...but could the font for the title be any more bland?!
Demonoroth

RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Apr 04, 2008 04:09
Looks sweet...

At least Sega seems to have realised they were on to something with Secret Rings. Hope this game is just Sonic alone as well. Felt great in Secret Rings to not have to play as other characters. Also gives them more time to purely focus on Sonic his gameplay and that' s still what the games should be about after all.

Video and screens from 360 version...even though I like my Wii there' s no way it would be able to run the game like that. What does worry me is PS2 release...gah Wii might just get another lazy port with some badly functioning controls and PS2 graphics.

Hope not...but it seems to generally be the way it' s going so yeah. And since I don' t own a 360 or ps3 it will have to be the Wii version for me.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Apr 04, 2008 08:32
I' d personally like to see future Sonic games stick to a 2 character formula (no more than 2 characters).. Sonic will always be the main playable character, and the secondary character can either be Tails OR Silver. In fact, they can alternate as playable characters throughout future releases. In one game Sonic and Tails can be the only playable characters, and then in another game Sonic and Silver can be the playable characters. I think both Tails and Silver were the most fun in terms of secondary characters and they' re the only ones that should remain on the roster.

And given how Sonic games seem to sell better on Nintendo hardware, I would hope that Sega focuses on making the Wii version of the games, special.
killemoff

• Total Posts : 173
RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Apr 09, 2008 16:01
[url=" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSw4lCjJBe8&eurl=http://www.sonicwrecks.com/news.php" ] New Trailer [/url]

Yes, it' s a weird one... I like it though.
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Apr 09, 2008 21:18

Looks good! ...but could the font for the title be any more bland?!

I don' t really care about the title font. As long as the game delivers what it promises, I' ll be happy.
< Message edited by Marink -- 9 Apr 08 13:21:06 >
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Apr 10, 2008 02:04
Yes... you' re right. I authorize the diversion of all font resources to go towards spectacular game design.
whatabout_paul

RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Apr 10, 2008 07:07
Even Sega realize what rubbish Sonic next was and are trying to distance themselves from it with this game.

" As a development team, we originally started off this project planning to create Sonic Adventure 3" , Hashimoto told the magazine. " In our minds, this game will have more in common with the older Sonic Adventure series. It has no relation to Sonic the Hedgehog or Sonic and the Secret Rings" .

So how exactly does a Sonic game with 2D elements and Werewolf night time play have more in common with Sonic Adventure?
< Message edited by whatabout_paul -- 9 Apr 08 23:08:20 >
Demonoroth

RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Aug 21, 2008 11:50
Ok we've all seen the 360 videos and screens for Unleashed.

Now we finally got some Wii screens

It doesn't look that bad. Well the ones with Sonic in it don't look bad to me. Those look better than I had expected.

What does bother me though is the werehog...I just doesn't look good. That's not fur look at bee Mario and the bee queen in Galaxy now that's fur and how it should look on the werehog.

But overal I'm not complaining about the way it looks.

immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Aug 21, 2008 22:03
You  never let old threads die, do you.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Aug 22, 2008 04:12
He has new screens.

It looks far better than anticipated on the Wii, but I suppose that goes to show how decent a game can look when you don't pawn it off to some out-house developer (shitty shit pun very much intentional).
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Aug 22, 2008 09:08
Eddie_the_Hated

He has new screens.

It looks far better than anticipated on the Wii, but I suppose that goes to show how decent a game can look when you don't pawn it off to some out-house developer (shitty shit pun very much intentional).

I see what you did there, and I like it. LOL.
Demonoroth

RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Aug 22, 2008 10:18
immortaldanmx

You  never let old threads die, do you.

Used to from on other forums. Better to post something new in the excisting thread already than starting a new one every time. That way you don't end up with a 100 threads about the same thing.

It's a bit more orderly as well and easier to find something back if it's all in one than having to go through a 100 that are about the same. After a while people don't know anymore in which thread to post the news.

<message edited by Demonoroth on Aug 22, 2008 10:47>
whatabout_paul

RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Aug 23, 2008 23:32
I've been watching Unleashed for some time and am now very excited about it. The game just looks fun. I like how it's gone back to a cartoon style rather than the realism of Sonic 06. The gemplay looks solid and even the Werehog doesn’t look as angsty and horrible as I expected. In fact the Werehog looks like it could be fun. It’s the main Sonic gameplay that looks the best though. Anyone seen these videos from Leipzig?

http://www.gamekyo.com/video12708_sonic-unleashed-first-gameplay-video.aspx

and
http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/20914

They're almost the same but the first is a complete playthrough of the level with people walking in front of the screen. The second is off screen but the person playing sucks and the middle of the stage is cut out.

Still, a full level playthrough has got me excited.
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 66

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message