Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 SONIC IS BACK!
Change Page: 1234 > | Showing page 1 of 4, messages 1 to 20 of 66
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
SONIC IS BACK! - Mar 23, 2008 17:26
http://kotaku.com/371019/rumor-first-look-at-sonic-unleashed
http://kotaku.com/371098/leaked-sonic-unleashed-footage

OMFG!!!!!! This looks like it' s going to be the first real good Sonic game since like forever? I absolutely love the graphics and it' s awesome that they are going back to 2D. Omfg, I am really hyped now...I just hope we will get more screens etc., soon. But seriously, could it be that Sega is not going to fuck this one up?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Mar 23, 2008 17:30
This actually looks good.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Mar 23, 2008 18:05
I know Sonics supposed to be fast, but i just dont recall the first two sonic games playing that fast?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Mar 23, 2008 19:37
Nothing is faster than Sonic. Sonic isn' t even as fast as Sonic. This has lead to much confusion.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Mar 23, 2008 20:47
Game looks awesome!
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Mar 23, 2008 22:17
Hmm.. really, not impressive.. stuttering everywhere..

Maybe its the video..
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 23 Mar 08 14:20:52 >
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Mar 23, 2008 23:32
I am unimpressed as well.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Mar 24, 2008 00:22

Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Mar 24, 2008 00:52
2.5D for the win baby! I always said they should have gone for a 2.5D game instead of full-on 3D!
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Mar 24, 2008 00:53

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

The game has been rumored to be only coming to 360/PS3.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Mar 24, 2008 01:02
This should be interesting.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Mar 24, 2008 01:29
This really does look impressive to say the least. But then again, these could just be a pretty game with no story that plays horrible.

Either way, Adam is right, this is going to be interesting once more news gets out.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Mar 24, 2008 02:34

OMFG!!!!!! This looks like it' s going to be the first real good Sonic game since like forever?

Yes this sonic game looks like a winner. I am so glad to see them go back to 2d.

Looks like this will rock like no other .
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Mar 24, 2008 02:37
Do we know it' s 2.5D? The " trailer" just seems uses different camera angles. It looks like it plays exactly the same way as Sonic and the Secret Rings (which is good but on rails).

It' s not even been officially announced, so i' ll reserve my judgement and just say that the art style looks cool.
< Message edited by nitro -- 23 Mar 08 18:39:57 >
Shin_Ishikawa

• Total Posts : 144
RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Mar 24, 2008 03:03
The game looks fun to play. I like it. can' t wait to hear more about this new sonic game.
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Mar 24, 2008 03:28

Sonic Unleashed to be Multiplatform
By: nuckles87 - 23rd March 2008 (09:55) - [ 0 ] Comments

Recently confirmed by Sega Magazine.
Dennis, from a German gamng magazine, has confirmed that Sonic Unleashed will indeed be a multiplatform release:

" Sonic unleashed will be on the cover of the next PLAY magazine, it will also feature in Nintendo' s magazine (NOM) and will be in the August issue. The screens I have uploaded are from the Xbox 360 version of the game, however, the game is going to be a multiformat release."

This confirms both a 360 and a Wii version, at least.

Special thanks goes out to TSS' s own Casanova for reporting this info, and sending in the above Google translation.

Taken from the sonic stadium.

No ps3...ouch that' s got to hurt. Well at least no talk of it for now. THE REVENGE OF SEGA.

Would be nice SEGA getting back at Sony by not giving them the first good Sonic game in ages. Now that would be awesome *daydreams*

Seem to have forgotten something. This coming from Sega-on. Don' t get your hopes up to much for a 2D game

März 23rd, 2008 | Posted in SEGA ON | 1 Comment »

First, we apologize for our fault to post those fake news about the Sonic plot and the confirmation that it would be 2D, gameplay-wise. However, we go on with our own new facts: SEGA is launching SONIC UNLEASHED with a HUGE production budget and it seems not only SONIC TEAM is involved but a very huge part of SEGA’s developer teams including those from Japan, the US and, apparently for the first time, even Europe. There seems to be one clear mission: Rebuild the Sonic brand and prove it could work in 3D environments. We also have one new artwork for you.

Seems SEGA is throwing all their weight behind this one. Secret rings did better than the other games. That' s Sonic Team, Sega America, Europe and Japan working on it...I hope for SEGA that they get this one working.
< Message edited by demonoroth -- 23 Mar 08 19:43:23 >
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Mar 24, 2008 03:35
Hm, no PS3. I' m a bit surprised. I thought that they would' ve gone for all consoles in that case.
I did kind of expect the game to appear on Wii again since the previous game did a bit better there the last time. Didn' t they even mention somewhere, shortly after the release of Sonic and the Secret Rings, that they would get started with a new game for Wii again quite fast? It seems that they added 360 then at least. And maybe they' ll confirm a PS3 date later on. Or did the previous game do too badly compared to 360?

PS I would like them to get back at Sony in an even better way : with an awesome new console that' s backwards compatible with DC of course ;)
< Message edited by ys -- 23 Mar 08 19:38:08 >
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Mar 24, 2008 03:45
Sonic Team need to go back to its routs and concentrate on his basics first:

1. Smooth Running animation

Sonic runs as if he needs a Poo, ' boping' up and down, Very scetchy animation. They need to look back at the first game and make his movement a more fluid one:

Once at full speed, Sonic should never bop up and down ( recent 3d sonic games).. One of the most satisfying touches of the First games was the feel of ' cruising' across the ground in a stream-lined fashion:

2. Bring back the weighty pinball Jump

Instead of the Shitty, weightless ' Front Flick' animation (again looks very sketchy), they should keep the same Weighty ' Pinball' feel and animation of the first games and keep the sprite in the center of the screen while jumping at fast pace.

Like the original, Make the Basics feel more like Pinball, Using your weight and height to Bounce off one enemy to another, with good level design, SEGA could even create chain combo systems, IE how many enemies you can bounce off (kill) without touching the ground etc.

3. Bring back the Cartoon-style, dreamy Backgrounds..

Even before Littlebigplanet, ive always thought a Nexgen Sonic needs to have that super high resolution, slightly blurred, parallax backgrounds, to give it that Dreamy look of the previous games eg:

3. An Overall Richer, Cleaner Cartoon Look of the Original.

Something like this:

Then were getting somewhere.. .
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 23 Mar 08 20:01:51 >
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Mar 24, 2008 04:16
Well, however it turns out, that definitely looks more Sonic than most recent Sonic games.
killemoff

• Total Posts : 173
RE: SONIC IS BACK! - Mar 24, 2008 16:32
I can' t believe a video and a few screens made the soreness that was Sonic06 disappear...

Just goes to show how much Sonic is still a very strong caracter in this industry. And just give me more info, i' m starving here, SEGA!
Change Page: 1234 > | Showing page 1 of 4, messages 1 to 20 of 66

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message