Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 SEGA: PS3 will catch up to, if not surpass, 360
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 2 of 5, messages 21 to 40 of 88
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: SEGA: PS3 will catch up to, if not surpass, 360 - Nov 22, 2007 01:11

Xbots and Sonytards

I see what you did right there...

Cute, real cute. Ask Zoy about the last time the big N was on top. He' s got stories....

Greater market share really doesn' t equal a greater system, or greater software. The Wii' s first year in the world proved that.

There was absolutely nothing to play for months if you weren' t in love with cheap party games, PS2 ports and sub par tie-in games (IE, they couldn' t manage Airborne on the Wii, so we got the laughable Vanguard instead). Only now are we seeing more than a handful of games that aren' t just riding the Wiimote " innovation" bandwagon.

In the end, Nintendo' s got a killer strategy, and an advertising team to back it up. While Sony & Microsoft were mucking about in things like AAA flagship titles and online gaming, Nintendo was pushing the same 2 games, the same awkward control scheme, and this amazing " Wii play together" approach, which is ironic considering that this is the company who after being a year into production, almost consistently in the top slot, can' t get a simple unified online system announced, no less launched.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 21 Nov 07 17:12:22 >
gamer4eva

• Total Posts : 104
RE: SEGA: PS3 will catch up to, if not surpass, 360 - Nov 22, 2007 01:14

So help me understand this. When Nintendo isnt doing well or does somthing questionable (like the initial announcement and what not) they are a neutral party and are not actually competing in the same market as Sony and MS. However, if Nintendo does somthing well then they are in direct competition with the other 2...

I suppose if the Wii started drifitng into obscurity and some says " Ha look MS/Sony beat out Nintendo!" others will jump up and say " Uh no...it was never in the same market, duh." and vice versa... Im assuming that has been the overall intent all along...its like an exit plan in a way, right?

In most other forums it would work both ways but not in this one.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: SEGA: PS3 will catch up to, if not surpass, 360 - Nov 22, 2007 02:04
Nintendo kicking butt ? Bullshit . Granted they are selling a lot of consoles and making a lot of money , but they arent kicking butt . I will not go as far as saying they are ruining the industry or anything but they definitely aren' t doing anything great . I still dont understand how Wii is selling so well despite having a weak library (4-5 great games isnt enough) . I mean there can be only so many " casual gamers" . Sony is paying for having a weak games library but nintendo isnt , and they should consider themselves lucky .
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: SEGA: PS3 will catch up to, if not surpass, 360 - Nov 22, 2007 02:14
Sort of.

They' re finally getting titles worth purchasing, but that' s been a year in the making.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: SEGA: PS3 will catch up to, if not surpass, 360 - Nov 22, 2007 04:54
Wasn' t it a bit the same for the Xbox360? I didn' t follow the console that well initially. But I thought that some really interesting titles only started to appear after a year or so? Actually, aren' t most consoles like that?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: SEGA: PS3 will catch up to, if not surpass, 360 - Nov 22, 2007 06:49
At launch the 360 had:
Call of Duty 2
Perfect Dark Zero (Love it or hate it, it sold well)
Geometry Wars
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Quake 4
Outpost Kaloki X
Ridge Racer Six

Within a year it had
GRAW
Hitman: Blood Money
Just Cause
Lost Planet: Extreme Conditions
Prey
DoA4
Battlefield 2
Burnout Revenge
FEAR
Dead Rising

& tons of other games I' m just too lazy to look up the dates for.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 21 Nov 07 23:00:00 >
Majik

• Total Posts : 374
RE: SEGA: PS3 will catch up to, if not surpass, 360 - Nov 22, 2007 07:33
The following are what i consider to be the bigger/better games released for 360 during the time periods stated, ...and i' ve done my best to avoid all the generic trash (Tony Hawks, Stuntman, sport games etc) ...

At launch:

Call of Duty 2
Condemned
Project Gotham Racing 3
Kameo

3 - 5 months later:

Fight Night Round 3
GRAW
Dead or Alive 4
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
Burnout Revenge
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis

7 - 8 months later:

Dead Rising
Prey

1 years later:

Call of Duty 3
Gears of War
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition
Test Drive Unlimited
Splinter Cell: Double Agent

18 months later (and so the next 6 months as far as Wii is concerned):

BioShock
Crackdown
Virtua Tennis 3
GRAW2
Command & Conquer 3
Guitar Hero II
MotoGP ' 07

So i' d say Wii has some serious catching up to do from a software quality standpoint, ...although Galaxy does make up for a lot.

Eddie_the_Hated

RE: SEGA: PS3 will catch up to, if not surpass, 360 - Nov 22, 2007 07:39
Yeah, what he said.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: SEGA: PS3 will catch up to, if not surpass, 360 - Nov 22, 2007 12:18
" SDK price shouldnt make much of a difference , i think ."

It might attract more smaller Japanese publishers/developers. Japan is the key for the PS3. If PS3 can get a few hits there and start selling in Japan it will gain enough momentum to pass 360. I believe it' s possible.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: SEGA: PS3 will catch up to, if not surpass, 360 - Nov 22, 2007 22:34

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

" SDK price shouldnt make much of a difference , i think ."

It might attract more smaller Japanese publishers/developers. Japan is the key for the PS3. If PS3 can get a few hits there and start selling in Japan it will gain enough momentum to pass 360. I believe it' s possible.

True . But sdk is only accounts for so much financially . In this generation , nobody will even look at a crappy looking budget game .
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: SEGA: PS3 will catch up to, if not surpass, 360 - Nov 22, 2007 23:34
It' s not just the price it' s the ease of use of the SDK, which has been a big problem regarding unique games for the PS3.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: SEGA: PS3 will catch up to, if not surpass, 360 - Nov 23, 2007 01:14
With the price drop PS3 is already outselling Wii in Japan, so yes it will take over 360 easily.

Sony is gaming' s only hope, Wii is trash and I dont even know why Microsoft make consoles.
< Message edited by emofag -- 23 Nov 07 1:30:29 >
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: SEGA: PS3 will catch up to, if not surpass, 360 - Nov 23, 2007 01:22

Sony is gaming' s only hope

All praise Sony!!!........
< Message edited by Duffman -- 22 Nov 07 17:24:44 >
emofag

RE: SEGA: PS3 will catch up to, if not surpass, 360 - Nov 23, 2007 09:31
At the end of the console wars the only places 360 will beat PS3 is in the US and the UK - the two most fucking retarded countries in the world.

Worldwide PS3 will crush it though.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: SEGA: PS3 will catch up to, if not surpass, 360 - Nov 23, 2007 12:22
Just leave, weeaboo faggot. No one cares about Japan, 90% of gay shit comes from japan.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: SEGA: PS3 will catch up to, if not surpass, 360 - Nov 23, 2007 15:17
Who doesn' t play casual games? Pretty much everyone plays casual games, hardcore gamers included. The market covers pretty much everyone.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: SEGA: PS3 will catch up to, if not surpass, 360 - Nov 23, 2007 23:41

Worldwide PS3 will crush it though.

Sony' s advantage is that they have such a strong presence in every global region, and every niche, casual or hardcore. The PS2 dominated the market for hardcore gamers, casual players, and terrorists who wished to gut it to help them guide thermonuclear warheads.

Their brand name' s taken a hit in the past year or two with the debacle that was their console' s launch, but it' s nothing that can' t be repaired with a few more AAA exclusives, the release of the TouchSense, and a bit of a boost in the Blu-Ray area.
emofag

RE: SEGA: PS3 will catch up to, if not surpass, 360 - Nov 24, 2007 07:52

ORIGINAL: immortaldanmx

Just leave, weeaboo faggot. No one cares about Japan, 90% of gay shit comes from japan.

Then you must be Japanese.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: SEGA: PS3 will catch up to, if not surpass, 360 - Nov 24, 2007 12:38

Then you must be Japanese.

Arent you clever, Dildo Baggins.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: SEGA: PS3 will catch up to, if not surpass, 360 - Nov 25, 2007 11:24
All I have to say is, Sony was on top this past two generations, dethroning the big N, hands down both times. Just like Nintendo has come back, don' t underestimate Sony. Just like some of you guys mentioned how the 360 had good titles in its first year, PS3 is also coming out with decent ones now, and it seems 08 might be even bigger, since just with MGS4 and FFXIII, they already have two of the most powerful and loved franchises exclusively for their system. And there is also the momentum that Little Big Planet is gaining and the whole hype over Killzone 2. Of course, 360 has Ninja Gaiden 2 and some other good ones too (I don' t mention them, cause I really only care for NG2 baby ) I think that this generation might be pretty even, because if you really consider it, PS3 with all the missteps and crap this year, they still have sold about the same amount of consoles 360 did on its first year.
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 2 of 5, messages 21 to 40 of 88

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message