Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Xbox titles as download in new live update
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 40 of 40
Grant Delmore

• Total Posts : 76
RE: Xbox titles as download in new live update - Nov 14, 2007 12:02
Theres no real incentive to buy these tho, I mean unless they come with achievment points, Why not just spend half the cash and get one off ebay.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Xbox titles as download in new live update - Nov 14, 2007 16:49
1200 points works out at about £9 I think so if its a game you don' t already have I guess it could be worth it, but if its one you' ve already got I' m not convinced. MS could be using it though for people who are new to the 360 and never had the original xbox. However its another nail in the coffin for those with core/arcade models.

Now if only the 120gig HD was a bit cheaper.
Grant Delmore

RE: Xbox titles as download in new live update - Nov 14, 2007 17:54
Whats stopping people from making a cable that converts a normal hardrives flat cable into a xbox slot. Is there specil things on the hardrive or somthing?
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Xbox titles as download in new live update - Nov 14, 2007 18:01
too be honest I' m not sure, all the information I' ve seen says that unlike a PS3 you can' t slap in any old HD, maybe MS have blocked something. Where' s someone techie when you need them? Eddie, anyone?
Grant Delmore

RE: Xbox titles as download in new live update - Nov 14, 2007 18:40
I would think the only thing stopping someone from making a product like i said would be the fact you would need official microsoft code to change the harddrive and i don' t think anyone has the balls to do that.
But thats an uneducated assumption.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Xbox titles as download in new live update - Nov 14, 2007 19:18

ORIGINAL: Ornodeal

too be honest I' m not sure, all the information I' ve seen says that unlike a PS3 you can' t slap in any old HD, maybe MS have blocked something. Where' s someone techie when you need them? Eddie, anyone?

There are ways. Google HDDHackr and with a bit of know how, the scene will always get you what you need.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Xbox titles as download in new live update - Nov 14, 2007 19:59

Whats stopping people from making a cable that converts a normal hardrives flat cable into a xbox slot. Is there specil things on the hardrive or somthing?

Actually, the problem isn' t in getting a cable that fits. The 360 uses Western Digital 2.5 laptop hard-drives, more specifically speaking, the WD-BEVS series. There' s a proprietary connector that goes from the 2.5 to the port on the 360 itself, and that' s how they can afford to scalp us for metric-buttloads of money.

However, as UnluckyOne said, there are ways around this. If you' re competent in MSDOS, you can buy a WD-BEVS HDD online (they currently only support 20 and 120 gig models), the more expensive of the two running around eighty bucks, and format it yourself to work with a 360.

It' s a bit of work if you' re new to stuff like this, but seeing as you do save around $100 usd...

Thank God for Xbox-Scene.

Torr

• Total Posts : 554
RE: Xbox titles as download in new live update - Nov 14, 2007 21:04
So is it for sure that the people without BC consoles will not be able to play these? I assume so, but has it actually been said. And if they do achievements(which would be sweet) the people that couldn' t play them would be left out. I thick if I want the game enough I will go pick it up(I am going to be buying Fable, Halo, Halo 2, and hopefully Psychonauts) and even if it is more money I would prefer to have a hard copy.

Teardrop

• Total Posts : 47
RE: Xbox titles as download in new live update - Nov 14, 2007 21:18
Why would backwards compatibility be a factor? Surely they' d be cpmpressed and re-configured to run natively on the Xbox 360 hardware and won' t rely on software emulation? It' s not like they' ll even release them all at once. It' ll undoubtedly be handled like the Xbox Live Arcade games with one or two every week? Re-release the games, made to run natively on the hardware and include achievements. Easy. Right?
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Xbox titles as download in new live update - Nov 14, 2007 21:25
run natively on the hardware ? nooo waaaay , why would they cre, most xbox games work fine through emulation, it' s too much hassle to rewrite the code for the 360 hardware, no publisher will be interested and they are damn right about it.
Teardrop

• Total Posts : 47
RE: Xbox titles as download in new live update - Nov 14, 2007 21:32
DR on PS3 says hi.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Xbox titles as download in new live update - Nov 15, 2007 05:31
The only thing I want to know about this is if they' ll include achievements(like Teardrop said), will they extra features to the games, such as giving halo1 online multiplayer or online co-op, and if they do these things will it be possible to just use a copy you already have instead of paying 1200 points and still get the extras?
mastachefbkw

RE: Xbox titles as download in new live update - Nov 15, 2007 05:51
Was?!

Microsoft has set up an Xbox Originals -- Known Issues page to get it all out in the open. Among them are Halo frame rate drops, Crimson Skies flickering, Fable audio static. One of the oddest and most specific errors is in Psychonauts, which doesn' t support HDMI 720p for PAL users -- wha? Even perennial whipping boy Fusion Frenzy suffers from frame-rate-itus. Oh, the humanity!

More titles are bound to pop up as the Xbox Originals service continues, which means more issues will be popping up too. But if you don' t mind a few little bugs, $15 could be a good deal depending on the game, especially if it involves Achievement Points -- hear that, Microsoft?
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Xbox titles as download in new live update - Nov 15, 2007 06:35
People without BC consoles? Someones retarded....

All 360s with Hdds have software emulation BC, and you would need the hdd to have room to d/l it. ITT: illogical fags are illogical.
immortaldanmx

RE: Xbox titles as download in new live update - Nov 15, 2007 19:57
Major Nelson has confirmed what we (most)all expected: exact ports with NO ACHIEVMENTS.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Xbox titles as download in new live update - Nov 15, 2007 20:17
Achievements are over-rated .. I dont give a rats ass about achievements , just give me shenmue II , panzer dragoon orta and jet set radio and u have a deal MS .
mastachefbkw

RE: Xbox titles as download in new live update - Nov 16, 2007 11:10

Achievements are over-rated .. I dont give a rats ass about achievements , just give me shenmue II , panzer dragoon orta and jet set radio and u have a deal MS .
Achievements give me a reason to complete most games. If it werent for the fact that there will be an achievement for beating ME twice and on insane I would probably only play it once.
Grant Delmore

RE: Xbox titles as download in new live update - Nov 16, 2007 11:13
Imagine acheivment' s for shenmue II.
You have lost 500 games of lucky hit 5G
You have won 500 games of lucky hit 10G
You have talked to 1000NPC' s 20G
You beat the Wong chase action scene perfectly 20G
I could think of a lot of these....
immortaldanmx

RE: Xbox titles as download in new live update - Nov 16, 2007 16:02