Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 VF5 demo up on XBLM (offline only)
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 39 of 39
ShiggsUnderground

• Total Posts : 6
RE: VF5 demo up on XBLM (offline only) - Oct 13, 2007 07:18
I go to the arcade every week, alijay034. I couldn' t disagree with you more.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: VF5 demo up on XBLM (offline only) - Oct 13, 2007 07:32

What absolute crap you talk sometimes, The graphics are no better than those of 5 years ago, with the Tekkan series and the VF series. The only difference is that it is in your home and you don' t have to load it up with coins. If anyone was playing those games back then they will agree.

i got it i got it, this is a joke right? it must be, you just have a bad sense of humour..
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: VF5 demo up on XBLM (offline only) - Oct 13, 2007 07:45

Nothing from 2002 had realtime self-shadowing and the kinds of liquid and cloth physics seen in VF5.

Are You mad, look:

ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: VF5 demo up on XBLM (offline only) - Oct 13, 2007 08:45
Why is the stamp on the upper pic " fake" ?
It says Virtua Fighter 4 2002 but it' s pretty clear that someone just placed a 4 over a 5 and put a 2 next to the 2006.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: VF5 demo up on XBLM (offline only) - Oct 13, 2007 08:49

ORIGINAL: Zoy

Nothing from 2002 had realtime self-shadowing and the kinds of liquid and cloth physics seen in VF5.

What kind of games do you play anyway, Alijay? I' m envisioning a lot of wrestling games and Madden in your collection.

Well actually no you couldn' t be further from the truth.

Oblivion, MoHAA, CoD, Battlefield, NWN, Forza, Halo, PGR, TDU amongst a few I have in my collection from over the years. That coupled with the Intellivision I have lurking in the attic somewhere, the CBM 64, Amiga 1000 and 4000 Mega Drive and SNES lurking in boxes somewhere. I think that might just answer your question.

As for your images VF. Wow they added some brightness oh lets all bow down to the abilty to add a bit of brightness to the thing. I still find it hard to find the ' Innovative quality' or the ' Next gen' feel to it. It looks the same as it did 5 years ago just a bit brighter whoopie shit, lets make it game of the year shall we?

Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: VF5 demo up on XBLM (offline only) - Oct 13, 2007 09:54

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

Why is the stamp on the upper pic " fake" ?
It says Virtua Fighter 4 2002 but it' s pretty clear that someone just placed a 4 over a 5 and put a 2 next to the 2006.

I think your sarcasm detector is broken.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: VF5 demo up on XBLM (offline only) - Oct 13, 2007 14:27

meh,doa4 is 10x times better.

Gayest thing you' ve ever said.
ginjirou

RE: VF5 demo up on XBLM (offline only) - Oct 13, 2007 20:24

ORIGINAL: Nitro

I think your sarcasm detector is broken.

Ah yes, you are correct. But now I have replaced the detector with a new one, the Ultra 2000 X model with 512mb RAM. I am now a sarcasm master.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: VF5 demo up on XBLM (offline only) - Oct 14, 2007 01:31
I fired up the demo yesterday evening and played against the CPU. Although my favorite characters, Lau and Shun, were unavailable, I had fun wailing on opponents with Akira. It seemed a bit on the easy side, but of course the real game is against human foes!

Well actually no you couldn' t be further from the truth.

Oblivion, MoHAA, CoD, Battlefield, NWN, Forza, Halo, PGR, TDU amongst a few I have in my collection from over the years. That coupled with the Intellivision I have lurking in the attic somewhere, the CBM 64, Amiga 1000 and 4000 Mega Drive and SNES lurking in boxes somewhere. I think that might just answer your question.

Oh yeah... now I remember, you' re the one who shares my appreciation for Speedball. Well, your gaming pedigree is legit, but you' re wrong about VF5, it looks absolutely gorgeous.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: VF5 demo up on XBLM (offline only) - Oct 14, 2007 01:32

Ah yes, you are correct. But now I have replaced the detector with a new one, the Ultra 2000 X model with 512mb RAM. I am now a sarcasm master.

No, that model is three years old, the current Ultra 5000 X has 2GB of RAM.

VF4

VF4

VF4

VF5

VF5

VF5

VF5

Notice how I used actual in game resolutions. That' s how it should be done when comparing this gen with last.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 13 Oct 07 17:58:53 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: VF5 demo up on XBLM (offline only) - Oct 14, 2007 02:40
While I' ll always prefer the characters of Virtua Fighter over Dead or Alive and Tekken, I like the backgrounds/environments of the Dead or Alive series more simply because they' re multi-tiered AND interactive. You' re not limited to the same background during a fight, one well-placed hit will send your opponents smashing through a wall, over a railing, through stained glass, down a long-flight of stairs onto a new locale with your fighter following. I' ve lost many fights against the CPU simply because my focus was in trying to see as much of the environments as possible.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: VF5 demo up on XBLM (offline only) - Oct 14, 2007 03:01

ORIGINAL: Zoy

I fired up the demo yesterday evening and played against the CPU. Although my favorite characters, Lau and Shun, were unavailable, I had fun wailing on opponents with Akira. It seemed a bit on the easy side, but of course the real game is against human foes!

Oh yeah... now I remember, you' re the one who shares my appreciation for Speedball. Well, your gaming pedigree is legit, but you' re wrong about VF5, it looks absolutely gorgeous.

Talking of Speedball deluxe looks like it is finally arriving next Wednesday
ginjirou

RE: VF5 demo up on XBLM (offline only) - Oct 14, 2007 03:25

While I' ll always prefer the characters of Virtua Fighter over Dead or Alive and Tekken, I like the backgrounds/environments of the Dead or Alive series more simply because they' re multi-tiered AND interactive. You' re not limited to the same background during a fight, one well-placed hit will send your opponents smashing through a wall, over a railing, through stained glass, down a long-flight of stairs onto a new locale with your fighter following. I' ve lost many fights against the CPU simply because my focus was in trying to see as much of the environments as possible.

Pff, nothing beats the old Mortal Kombat games when it comes to knocking people to another part of town, not to mention a SNES Dragon Ball game were you can knock people all the way to heaven
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: VF5 demo up on XBLM (offline only) - Oct 14, 2007 03:34

Pff, nothing beats the old Mortal Kombat games when it comes to knocking people to another part of town, not to mention a SNES Dragon Ball game were you can knock people all the way to heaven

But it' s not just about knocking them to another part of town and the fight being over, it' s about knocking them to another part of town and following them to that other part of town to continue the fight.

I LOVED Fighting Vipers because you could destroy the arenas by sending your opponents crashing through them with a KO blow
ginjirou

RE: VF5 demo up on XBLM (offline only) - Oct 14, 2007 05:02
The fights in Mortal Kombat did continue after sending them through the roof.
Those uppercuts were badass!
Besides, nothing beats bloooooood!
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 13 Oct 07 21:02:47 >
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: VF5 demo up on XBLM (offline only) - Oct 14, 2007 05:04
Alijay is an idiot, ignore him.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: VF5 demo up on XBLM (offline only) - Oct 14, 2007 06:08
The graphics are good, and they look better than DOA4. But it is really, really easy to make environments look nice when you can only see them from one angle.
The beach level graphics could use some work on the grassy area. That just looks bad, the rest of it looks good though.

The AI was piss poor easy to beat. I hope that was on easy, I didn' t even lose one match and I played through it twice, and I barely have any exprience playing VF. Would have been nice to have a harder opponent to get a feel for the depth of the game or something.

It seems like there are a lot of moves and the skill comes in from knowing what moves are good against other people at what times and such. I think I prefer the DOA with added reversals gameplay over it, I' m not really that big of a fighting game fan though.

It looks like it' ll be a good game though.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: VF5 demo up on XBLM (offline only) - Oct 14, 2007 06:11
Yes it was easy I beat every match perfect, it' s set to pathetic game difficulty.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: VF5 demo up on XBLM (offline only) - Oct 14, 2007 09:25
I finally downloaded this and will now provided you with my highly coveted opinions.

The game itself is pretty fun, but this demo was way easy... almost as easy as the final boss in Super Metroid on the SNES (though I think you can actually lose a round if you put down the controller in VF5). I used my power moves that I learned in the Sega classic Shenmueâ„¢ and totally PWNT every opponent.

As for the graphics I think that perhaps the characters are a little too shiny, but other than that everything looked pretty good. The music takes itself way too seriously and isn' t as fun as it was in the first two games, though Virtua Fighter music has never been outstanding.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 39 of 39

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message