Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 How well Wii & DS sell is irrelevant.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 31 of 31
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: How well Wii & DS sell is irrelevant. - Sep 14, 2007 04:16
I' m buying a Wii. Probably next week. I' m just disappointed in the lack of software.

I bought a Gamecube at launch with:

Luigi' s Mansion
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
Super Monkey Ball
Tony Hawk' s Pro Skater 3
Wave Race: Blue Storm

There aren' t 5 games out on Wii after 10 months that i' d buy. I' ll buy it with Super Paper Mario and Sonic and the Secret Rings (maybe Wario Ware: Smooth Moves too) as i already own the Gamecube and PS2 versions of RE4 and the Gamecube version of Twilight Princess, but there' s nothing else yet. It' s a shame.

When Wii was announced i was overjoyed and i was super hyped (i' m sure you all remember) about Red Steel, but so far it' s just been meh.

I find it hard to understand how somebody could choose Wii over one of the other consoles though. It' s not strong enough to stand on it' s own as far as i' m concerned. It' s something i' ll have to compliment my PS3 and 360, and Nintendo' s games will make the machine far more desirable, but it' d be nice to have some really good 3rd party games that aren' t quick cash-ins or PS2 ports.

alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: How well Wii & DS sell is irrelevant. - Sep 14, 2007 04:45
How many of you on here have actually played a wii game (those of you that are rating the thing as crap and that it is not for one particular class of gamer.) The wii is a party machine pure and simple, there are very view single player games that have substance, the best titles are the party games. Anyone saying the Wii is anything more than that is a complete and utter moron and should stop posting here. Until there are more games of substance then the Wii will be a party machine.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: How well Wii & DS sell is irrelevant. - Sep 14, 2007 05:31
i just bought the wii and i' m already wondering if that was a wise decision, and i could not stand it if the 360 was absent, Wii si fun with your friends for now, and there is no futur games announced [:' (]

after i' ll finish Zelda, i' ll play Paper Mario and Metroid and theeen .......................................................................................................................... PLEASE enlighten me... by the way i really enjoyed Partner in time on DS, great game and funny too, you think paper mario on the wii is really better? any points of view??
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: How well Wii & DS sell is irrelevant. - Sep 14, 2007 05:42
Try trauma centre, it is a good single player.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: How well Wii & DS sell is irrelevant. - Sep 14, 2007 06:55
This thread shouldnt have been made, we could have just waited on terrak to post wii sales and we' d all be bickering like this in that thread
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: How well Wii & DS sell is irrelevant. - Sep 14, 2007 07:12

that aren' t quick cash-ins or PSP ports.

Fixed.

We are calling it the Wii now? I am sure Agent had a point with the Gimp, I like the Wii Gimp better though.

The Wii Gimp isnt bad, its got some good games too, But the best I can count on one hand... but thats not bad for first party, thing is, most of Wii Gimp' s 3rd party are party games and lousey psp ports [Two Thrones], mainly thanks to its install base and Nintendo new direction. Wii is an intresting sidestep but if your a gamer, you will find yourself with a 360/ps3 soon.

And the Devs are lazy ass, if the Gamecube has better looking Launch titles you know something is wrong..

Oh the days when we all thought the Rev included 3d Hologram tech lol.
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 13 Sep 07 23:13:36 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: How well Wii & DS sell is irrelevant. - Sep 14, 2007 07:47
I stopped calling it Gimp because I realized Wii actually sounds more pathetic. I just can' t compete with Nintendo in their naming scheme.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: How well Wii & DS sell is irrelevant. - Sep 14, 2007 15:48
I like the name revolution more, but i can see why they changed it, it would have hurt the console a lot..

The wii is a party machine pure and simple, there are very view single player games that have substance, the best titles are the party games.

ohhh shit, and party games all suck..

FUCK
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: How well Wii & DS sell is irrelevant. - Sep 14, 2007 18:35
Well I am still having fun with my Wii every weekend when I visit my 8 year old sister (In fact, my Wii stays over at her house most of the time). She absolutely loves Wii Sports and Mario Party 8 can also be quite fun. As long as you accept that there are very few interesting SP games for Wii it' s actually a fine console.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: How well Wii & DS sell is irrelevant. - Sep 15, 2007 09:06

ORIGINAL: Terrak

ORIGINAL: emofag

True gamers would never pick a Wii over a 360 or a DS over a PSP, only non gamers & retards do that. Now you can flaunt sales figures all you want, but that doesn' t change the facts.

Discuss.

WRONG!

If you make the assumption that true gamers choose the most powerful platform then that would be the PC, not any console. True gamers choose consoles with games they enjoy. What you think of people that don' t share your view is just your opinion. I no longer Flaunt Wii sales figures because its only relevance is if we see a direct correlation between Wii console sales & more games. Until then i have nothing to brag about, but it is comforting to see them doing so well i must admit. You sound a little pissed off? Why the need to start a thread like this? Bored?

It' s not about being expensive, it' s about not sucking ass.

As an example, the Wii can only be appreciated by people who are clueless. People who care more about waving their arms around than they do about actually playing a good game. Kids, parents, and grandparents, casuals. Real gamers don' t like gimmicks, we like real games.

But that wasn' t my point, if you are a retard and you support Wii/DS - good for you, I don' t care, just don' t act like its a real gamer' s platform of choice. Bragging about DS/Wii sales is like bragging about how much the backstreet boys and nsync sell, it doesn' t matter how much they sell, they are garbage, it doesn' t matter how much wii sells, it' s still garbage. Understand that and move on.
< Message edited by emofag -- 15 Sep 07 1:17:13 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: How well Wii & DS sell is irrelevant. - Sep 15, 2007 13:13
I bought a Wii and so far the only thing I' ve used it for(excluding TP) is the Internet Browser when Im too lazy to go to my computer. I' ll probably go pick up Super Paper Mario sometime over the weekend
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 31 of 31

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message