Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 60GIG PS3 Back in Stock
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 65
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: 60GIG PS3 Back in Stock - Sep 03, 2007 03:55
The PS3 doesn' t have that much to offer, TBH I will wait until the price drops to a sensible level before I even entertain the idea of buying one, it is not fanboyism or anything of the like the line up at this present time is very poor compared to the 360, I don' t doubt that in 2008 that may change, the 360 needs something to grab consumers by the balls, which at the moment it doesn' t. If sony had kept hold of a few exclusives then that might have changed things, but when you can A) Get games like Assasins creed, GTA IV and the rest that were Sony exclusives on the 360 why bother
B) Pay upto £10 or £20 less for 360 games that are as good and in some cases better than PS3 games
C) Halo3 is a series of games that in all truth and honesty has supported the Xbox, there isn' t anything like that for the PS family anymore.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: 60GIG PS3 Back in Stock - Sep 03, 2007 04:24
HARDWARE
Blu-ray
Silent hardware
SixAxis
Free Online
Low failure rate
Sleek Design
PSP connectivity
Cell-processor
60GB HDD
SOFTWARE
Motorstorm
Virtua Fighter 5
Ninja gaiden Sigma
Resistance Fall of Man
Warhawk
Killzone 2
Heavenly Sword
Ratchet and Clank
MGS4
FFXIII
Gran Turismo 5
Tekken 6
LittleBigPlanet
UTIII

This is only the beginning

PS3

This is living
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: 60GIG PS3 Back in Stock - Sep 03, 2007 05:07

Dagashi dont try to argue that the PS3 has better exclusives than the 360, you' ll just make yourself look stupid. It will have some great games but if (and that' s a big if) the PS3 overtakes the 360 in terms of exclusives, it won' t happen before 2009-2010

Did you even read my post? I clearly say in the last paragraph

So, while I will readily admit that the 360 has more games out, and coming out that I will play, and plan to play, it doesn' t mean that the ps3 has nothing to offer, and it certainly doesn' t mean that I' m going to ignore it.

mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: 60GIG PS3 Back in Stock - Sep 03, 2007 11:37
I don' t mean no offense but who cares about which one is better. Play what you can afford to play.

IF you want a bang for your buck then get the ps3 but if you want to play some great games and have a big ass headache and a 3 week let down then get the 360.

Its like this the 360 is a Ford Mustang with a iffy Transmission - Fast and Affordable

And the PS3 is like a BMW > Expensive but its a BMW need I say more. Its not for every body. The gas is gonna run you and arm and a leg and don' t let it break down on you lol .

The Wii is like a Tricked out Honda - Who doesn' t wanna save money on gas and ride in style at the same time.

Vx you kinda come off as if you dont like the ps3 . Thats just what I think Give credit when its due the ps3 is hell of a system. And so is the 360 forget the wii its for kids and women.

Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: 60GIG PS3 Back in Stock - Sep 03, 2007 11:59

and a lithium controller instead of Nickel Metal Hydride.

This doesn' t make any sense. Not only are both battery types memory-free, but as far as I know, neither controller comes with rechargeable batteries... at least the Xbox360 sure doesn' t. I know I can use any type of batteries I want in the Xbox360 controller. I' m still not a big fan of wireless controllers yet, though. If somehow the wire restricts you, then you suck at living.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 3 Sep 07 3:59:56 >
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: 60GIG PS3 Back in Stock - Sep 03, 2007 12:53
I never got that " everything has to be wireless now" -trend. Wires never really bothered me. What does bother me more for a fact are things like having to keep an eye on batteries and recharging them.

On topic now, from Ginjirou' s list, these are the only things I care about when it comes to the PS3 :

Free Online
Low failure rate
Virtua Fighter 5
MGS4

Actually only the last three things really, so I don' t have a big reason to get a PS3 (yet).
< Message edited by ys -- 3 Sep 07 4:56:51 >
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: 60GIG PS3 Back in Stock - Sep 03, 2007 13:51
Ginj, the PSP is fail and aids, how is connectivity with it even important. And Cell is a processor, big fucking whoop. It does what all other processors do, its not a selling point, its hype.

And seriously, NG: Sigma? I loved that game.... in 04.

MGS4, Rachet and Clank, and UTIII are the only valid reasons to own a PS3, and seeing as none of those are out yet...
Dagashi

RE: 60GIG PS3 Back in Stock - Sep 03, 2007 14:11
Warhawk rapes most multiplayer games, but since so few of you have ever played it considering its only been a beta for ps3 owners, and then on sale for 2 days, you write it off as if it didn' t exist.

If you give two shits about multiplayer, then Warhawk is a game to be played.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: 60GIG PS3 Back in Stock - Sep 03, 2007 15:39

Vx you kinda come off as if you dont like the ps3 . Thats just what I think Give credit when its due the ps3 is hell of a system. And so is the 360 forget the wii its for kids and women.

I will give the PS3 credit when its due!

It' s a blu ray player that plays 360 ports

coming next year, its will be worth considering, but right now its not
Dagashi

RE: 60GIG PS3 Back in Stock - Sep 03, 2007 16:15

It' s a blu ray player that plays 360 ports

So, tell me why you ignore ps3 exclusives? Is it so that you don' t feel bad or something? If you want to write off games like LittleBigPlanet!, Motorstorm Haze, UT 3, Warhawk, etc, then you should ignore games like Mass Effect, Bioshock, Forza 2, Blue Dragon, etc.

Just because you don' t have a system, doesn' t mean it has no good exclusives.

If that was the case, I wouldn' t have gone and bought a 360. Which I have to say, it' s really nice to have both.

edit: spelling
< Message edited by Dagashi -- 3 Sep 07 8:19:05 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: 60GIG PS3 Back in Stock - Sep 03, 2007 16:17

UT 3

PC port also on 360
Dagashi

RE: 60GIG PS3 Back in Stock - Sep 03, 2007 16:20

PC port also on 360

So is Bioshock just a PC port? Or GRAW2? Or Rainbow Six Vegas?

UT 3 is also going to be 6 months late on the 360, with less support if any at all for modding.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: 60GIG PS3 Back in Stock - Sep 03, 2007 16:55
Its because the PS3 games dont compare to the 360 versions. And as of yet, there are no GREAT games on the PS3.

Ofcourse its a personal preference. If you could only get one console, right now your better off with a 360!
Agent Ghost

RE: 60GIG PS3 Back in Stock - Sep 03, 2007 17:00
I love your defense for making a mistake. I never said any of the other games were exclusive for the 360, you said UT 3 was a PS3 exclusive I said it isn' t and you bring up 360 games I never mentioned.

Don' t twist this on me, UT 3 is a PC port when you said it was EXCLUSIVE, end of story. I wasn' t talking about Bioshock, GRAW 2 (conviniently enough you didn' t mention GRAW) or Vegas. " Exclusive" isn' t just a buzz word it' s supposed to have meaning.

Why do you act as if it' s a personal attack when someone says something against the PS3, it`s just an electronic device, not your girlfriend. PC is the lead platform, then games get ported to both 360 and maybe PS3. If it didn' t originate from PC it probably was a port from the 360. That`s what VX meant, and he' s right. There' s a reason almost all the ports on PS3 are inferior to the 360 version. Other than Ports what does the PS3 have at the moment? *** all. Warhawk, Motorstorm and Flow, that' s it.

I' m not saying that the console doesn' t have potential. I' ll even go as far to say that the PS3 will eventually outsell the 360 (total sales). Speaking purely from a gaming perspective, so far the PS3 has done nothing impressive. The PS3 is so far behind in getting exclusives that it' s ***ing embarrassing. I' d be so ashamed if I was a Sony exec, I' m actually baffled that they still want to show their faces. With one product they nearly destroyed the " PlayStation" brand.

I' ll probably buy one soon, because I want a BluRay player, I have confidence in the format and I want to start buying/watching movies in HD. As a gaming console buying a PS3 feels like betting on the underdog.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 3 Sep 07 9:36:35 >
Dagashi

RE: 60GIG PS3 Back in Stock - Sep 03, 2007 17:18

I love your defense for making a mistake. I never said any of the other games were exclusive for the 360, you said UT 3 was a PS3 exclusive I said it isn' t and you bring up 360 games I never mentioned.

Don' t twist this on me, UT 3 is a PC port when you said it was EXCLUSIVE, end of story. I wasn' t talking about Bioshock, GRAW 2 (conviniently enough you didn' t mention GRAW) or Vegas. " Exclusive" isn' t just a buzz word it' s supposed to have meaning.

This from the guy who won' t even respond to the post I made after you claim I was trying to say the ps3 had more exclusives than the 360, and that doing so would make me look stupid. Is your defense for making a mistake ignoring it completely?

I' m not talking about PC' s here, I' m talking about consoles when I talk about exclusives.

Many people have called Bioshock a 360 exclusive in discussions, because they are talking about consoles. The mainstream game market is still largely console vs console, the PC is rarely involved in market share and exclusivity discussions.

So no, I didn' t make a mistake because I was talking about consoles. Just like I regard Bioshock as a 360 exclusive in this thread because I' m not talking about PC' s, I' m talking about consoles.

edit - messed up quote
< Message edited by Dagashi -- 3 Sep 07 9:21:05 >
Agent Ghost

RE: 60GIG PS3 Back in Stock - Sep 03, 2007 17:34

This from the guy who won' t even respond to the post I made after you claim I was trying to say the ps3 had more exclusives than the 360, and that doing so would make me look stupid. Is your defense for making a mistake ignoring it completely?

I can' t respond to every piece of trash you write, it would be a full time job. Much like how you only responded to the first part of my previous post.

The fact remains that UT III is still coming out on 360, Bioshock has not been announced for PS3. See the difference? A few months won' t mean shit, when 360 players will be playing Halo 3, Mass Effect,PGR 4 and COD4. That' s probably the real reason it was delayed for 360 in the first place. Epic is smart, they don' t want to go up against Halo 3 and Mass Effect.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 3 Sep 07 9:35:52 >
ginjirou

RE: 60GIG PS3 Back in Stock - Sep 03, 2007 18:12

Ginj, the PSP is fail and aids
how so?

how is connectivity with it even important

If you want to play PS1 games on the emulator you need a PS3. And coming soon: Download your favourite TV-shows on the PS3 and watch them on the go with the PSP.
And it' s only a matter of time before developers start using the possibilities of PSP-PS3 connectivity.

PSP>All
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 3 Sep 07 10:12:41 >
ginjirou

RE: 60GIG PS3 Back in Stock - Sep 03, 2007 18:26
The question isn' t
" Why would I want to buy a PS3"
The question is
" If I want a next-gen console why would I want to buy a 360? A next-gen console costs more than $300 and videogaming consumes lots of time and is therefor a long time investment."
Is the 360 future proof with large storage capabilities regarding both optical and HDD solutions? No, it is not.
Does it provide several convenient future proof modern solutions such as slot loaded discs, quiet cooling system, Wi-fi, HDMI, standard HDD' s? No, it does not.
Does the 360 have the kind of build quality you' d expect from hardware of that price from such a big company? No, it does not.
Does the 360 cost less than the PS3? In the long term, no, considering the amount you pay for Xbox Live each year.
Does the 360 have more exclusives than the PS3? In the long term, no, because the majority of japanese developers are still supporting Sony, even though they are slow with finishing their games.
Does several of the 360 exclusives become available on the PC after a while? Yes, they do.
Does the 360 support mouse and keyboard setup? No, it does not.
Does the 360 offer any kind of unique experiences for people with portable consoles or other multimedia devices? No, it does not.
Does 360 games look better than PS3 games? No, they do not, just look at Killzone or Gran Turismo 5.
If I haven' t bought a next-gen console now, should I buy the 360 because it right now has more to offer? No, not unless you' re extremely hardcore and intend to buy all consoles, because in the long term a PS3 is a more valuable purchase. Think LONG TERM INVESTMENT
Imagine yourself two years from now. You' ve already bought a console. You don' t want to spend extra money or extra time on another console, one is enough (unless you' re very hardcore but that part of the market is relatively limited).
Would you rather sit there with outdated hardware such as the 360, that probably has broken anyway, or would you like to sit there with a fully functional PS3 offering more convenient solutions than the 360, AND all the games you really wanted? Long term goal.

So what does the 360 offer that gives it the upper hand? Well simply put: GAMES.
But if you consider a console a long term investment, then you shouldn' t look at what games that are available today or the coming quarter of this year. You should look beyond that. ANd beyond the nearest future, lies the strength of the PS3.

< Message edited by ginjirou -- 3 Sep 07 10:42:26 >
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: 60GIG PS3 Back in Stock - Sep 03, 2007 18:41
I' m a gamer, not an investor, so I' m not interested in buying a console for a long term investment, I want to play good games here and now, currently the 360 is ahead on that. In 2 or 3 years time when the PS3 might have drawn ahead, MS will have a new generation console out, and the PS3 will be obsolete.

ginjirou

RE: 60GIG PS3 Back in Stock - Sep 03, 2007 18:43
Wishful thinking.
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 65

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages