Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 last gen sales Vs current gen sales
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 60 of 60
SpaceJase

• Total Posts : 170
RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 05, 2007 06:42
So TP and Paper Mario aren' t decent?
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 05, 2007 06:47
Paper Mario hasn' t been released yet in Europe, so I stand by what I said nothing decent has been released yet.
< Message edited by alijay034 -- 4 May 07 22:49:43 >
SpaceJase

RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 05, 2007 06:52
Haha! Let' s just ignore TP then ;)

I agree that right now the Wii' s strength is in party games. Good single player games are not too far away though so let' s not write the Wii off as a single player console just yet.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 05, 2007 06:59
Yes lets do that. I don' t think anyone is or has written off the Wii for single player, it just needs that something to make it seen as more than a party machine.

Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 05, 2007 07:14
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 4 May 07 23:18:58 >
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 05, 2007 09:14

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

Still, Wii entertained me and 5 freinds yesterday for atleast 5 of the 8 hour gaming session (about 2 hours on PS3 Vf5 and 1 hour on 360 virtua tennis 3).

WarioWare multi-player is SOOO god dam fun with loads of friends. This is what Gaming is about.

My body is still in pain from laughter..

Just
Having
Fun

(3 of hundreds of videos)

Don' t see family' s having fun like this on any other console

That' s absolutely true.

I had too much fun playing warioware with my friends while we were drunk, I think the first time the " hoola hoola" minigame popped up we laughed uncontrollably for like 10 minutes after watching my friend' s confused face when he encountered the minigame and started shaking his drunk ass attempting to beat it but he lost. Everytime the narrator with the gay sounding voice explained how to use the new control schemes was hilarious as well.

If anything, the Wii does a good job of exposing that online play ain' t sh*t compared to multi player with actual friends & family around you...

And with alcohol/drugs ;)
< Message edited by Evil man -- 5 May 07 1:16:58 >
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 05, 2007 09:36

And with alcohol/drugs ;)

Haha, Im pretty much sure the guys who made this game were in the same boat... Some of the ideas are just dam crazy, they had to be high or drunk to think of them.
SpaceJase

RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 05, 2007 09:54

they had to be high or drunk to think of them.

Or Japanese

The funniest and scariest moment I' ve had so far was my mates wife on Wii bowling. She was just running at my HDTV (which isn' t even fully paid for yet) with the remote in her hand. I swear she was about to trash it but cries of ' NOOO!!' from all of us stopped her in her tracks.

Crazy woman, and it' s not the first time she' s nearly wrecked my TV when drunk either. Last time she just fell into it, pissed (drunk) as a fart. Luckily I anticipated her drunken actions and was able to catch the thing before it smashed all over the floor.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 06, 2007 15:18

So TP and Paper Mario aren' t decent?

TP is a GC game. It was really good for a GC game, but they should have just made it Wii only and it would have been much better and people wouldnt be trashing it for being a GC port. Super Paper Mario is decent, but i liked the 1st one better
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 08, 2007 09:19

ORIGINAL: M B
Why did you only quote the 2nd part of my post without the part that explains everything you try to refute. " What do you base this on" Obviously the first part of my post.

You are a blatant fanboy.

LOL the first part of your argument in no way justified your second part -

My point is regular games basically suck on Wii compared to other systems. The only games that are really fun are party games and other obscure genres. Wii has an advantage with these because of the controller.

Again its only 6 months after the Wii launched an you have boldly claimed that regular games suck on the Wii & its only good for party games. And you have the nerve to point the fanboy finger at me? Hypocrite. You have already assumed that the current crop of games represent the absolute limits of Wiimote. If in 2 years time the games are virtually the same as games available now your arguement would have some validity, but thats not the case. You have made your ' point' based on 6 months in the life of a console.

I merely stated that wait till some real Wii applications start flowing in, then see if your argument still applies. Don' t base it on simple Tech Demos (Wiisports, Wiiplay), a GC port (Z:TP) nor the numerous ps2 ports meant to cash in on Wii success. If you did that you wouldn' t have come out smelling of fanboy.
< Message edited by Terrak -- 8 May 07 1:40:45 >
M B

• Total Posts : 202
RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 08, 2007 10:06

ORIGINAL: Terrak

ORIGINAL: M B
Why did you only quote the 2nd part of my post without the part that explains everything you try to refute. " What do you base this on" Obviously the first part of my post.

You are a blatant fanboy.

LOL the first part of your argument in no way justified your second part -

My point is regular games basically suck on Wii compared to other systems. The only games that are really fun are party games and other obscure genres. Wii has an advantage with these because of the controller.

Again its only 6 months after the Wii launched an you have boldly claimed that regular games suck on the Wii & its only good for party games. And you have the nerve to point the fanboy finger at me? Hypocrite. You have already assumed that the current crop of games represent the absolute limits of Wiimote. If in 2 years time the games are virtually the same as games available now your arguement would have some validity, but thats not the case. You have made your ' point' based on 6 months in the life of a console.

I merely stated that wait till some real Wii applications start flowing in, then see if your argument still applies. Don' t base it on simple Tech Demos (Wiisports, Wiiplay), a GC port (Z:TP) nor the numerous ps2 ports meant to cash in on Wii success. If you did that you wouldn' t have come out smelling of fanboy.

You know if you wanted to make the argument that this is only 6 months of games and that the Wii is capable of much more then actually quoted my whole post, and stated that I wouldn' t consider you an idiot fanboy.

Instead you only quoted part of my post, because the first part provided evidence of the limitations of the Wii.
And just because Wii is only 6 months old and those are the games that are out now doesn' t refute my argument at all.

This shows that you are an idiot fanboy. You lack basic reason.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 08, 2007 11:04
LOL, you think insulting people makes you look smart? Grow up.

You still think the first part of your argument comprehensively proves that your point ' regular games basically suck on Wii' . Ok you keep telling yourself that. Let me explain, the first part of your argument is an OPINION. It is not FACT, nor does it have any depth to prove beyond a resonable doubt that your assumption is true. Lets see some of the so called ' facts' you base your argument on.

All Wii owners have to look forward to (excluding the big name titles) are Warioware type games. (really please provide conclusive evidence of this)

It would only take 1 programmer one month to achieve games like this
(again where is your evidence?)

You don' t need a special controller to play these types of ' party' games. (the Wiimote is the primary controller for most Wii games, the guitar is a third party peripheral that is made for a specific game)

Zelda should be more like Oblivion (nope Zelda is popular because it is Zelda, not Oblivion)

You aim on screen to fire a bow, and swing the Wiimote to swing the sword
(Wiimotes pointing capabilities is great, but the swing the sword part isn' t as convincing as it could be)

Wow with these few ' points' (basically opinons), you have come to the conclusion that regular games on Wii suck. LOL? And you have logic? You can' t even expand over your original argument.

Please note i will not degenerate an argument into a petty name calling match you seem hell bent on starting. I won' t engage in such immature activities to cover up a lousy argument (which you seem to be doing), but you go right ahead if you feel it will help.

LOL I' m still surprised you have taken your opinions as truth.
< Message edited by Terrak -- 8 May 07 3:16:42 >
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 09, 2007 12:03
Stfu Terrak.

Thx.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 10, 2007 07:52

The funniest and scariest moment I' ve had so far was my mates wife on Wii bowling. She was just running at my HDTV (which isn' t even fully paid for yet) with the remote in her hand. I swear she was about to trash it but cries of ' NOOO!!' from all of us stopped her in her tracks.

Crazy woman, and it' s not the first time she' s nearly wrecked my TV when drunk either. Last time she just fell into it, pissed (drunk) as a fart. Luckily I anticipated her drunken actions and was able to catch the thing before it smashed all over the floor.

...she sounds like a slut....
SpaceJase

RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 10, 2007 09:02
She' s a happily married woman who gets a bit giddy with a few drinks in her and has never been unfaithful to her husband.

Stupid comment Bish.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 10, 2007 09:39
..i meant no offence, it' s just that were i come from drunken females usually equate to some form of harlotry or other...

...i bet her husband knows what i mean...
SpaceJase

RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 10, 2007 09:52
Well in that sense your analysis is frighteningly accurate

I wouldn' t slag off my best mate' s bird but she is a bit nuts and yeah, he knows it ;)
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 10, 2007 10:16
Sluts are bad now!?

mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 10, 2007 10:28

Sluts are bad now!?

STD' s are bad
M B

• Total Posts : 202
RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 10, 2007 15:10