Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 last gen sales Vs current gen sales
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 60
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 05, 2007 01:07

Not really, because we' ve seen lack of traditional-type games to have used the wiimote properly.. Excite truck is one of them though and that’s the best racer I’ve played in a long time. I' m sure Mario Galaxy' s Platforming experience will be the shit and potentially Metroid could offer one of the best FPS experience on console, something that Retro Studios is working hard on. I wouldn’t write off traditional game’s on Wii just yet.

I played Exite Truck, it' s not that great. The whole time I was playing it I just wanted to hold a real controller. It' s not total trash, at least it' s fast. It' s such an obvious essential for racing games that most developers seem to forget. I want Extreme G for 360! Still I' ll take Motorstorm or PGR3/4 over Exite Truck any day.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 4 May 07 17:20:08 >
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 05, 2007 01:16
To me it feels totally natural and playing IE Motorstorm after, feels Lame and limited.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 05, 2007 01:30

My point is regular games basically suck on Wii compared to other systems. The only games that are really fun are party games and other obscure genres. Wii has an advantage with these because of the controller.

What do you base this on? The first few months Wiis life, which are currently filled only with ports from ps2 (very few exclusives)? If you are assuming that the 360/ps3 are more fun because the have better graphics, by that logic are PC games better then 360/ps3 games because they have better graphics? Thats assumption is just ridiculous.
Don' t over generalize with your comments, especially when the real applications for the Wii that take full advantage of the system have not been released yet.

At least the Wii is trying to do something different, unlike the 360 or ps3 which are trying to challenge the PC for the graphics crown, a war they will always lose.

This article strengthens my argument that Better graphics has no significant effect on improving market share.
< Message edited by Terrak -- 4 May 07 17:38:25 >
Agent Ghost

RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 05, 2007 02:16

What do you base this on? The first few months Wiis life, which are currently filled only with ports from ps2 (very few exclusives)? If you are assuming that the 360/ps3 are more fun because the have better graphics, by that logic are PC games better then 360/ps3 games because they have better graphics? Thats assumption is just ridiculous.

It' s not ridiculous, it' s a fact. Have you even played COD3 on Wii and 360/PS3? COD3 on Wii is shit, end of story. First of all it' s an online game (that' s why people bought the 360/ps3 version) yet no third parity games on Wii support online play until god knows when. Wii doesn' t even have an ethernet port, you have to use wireless. No online for third pary games is unacceptable in itself.

I never used to care about Online until I bought a 360 and learned that you' re not really gaming if it' s not online. Playing online with real people makes any game ten times better. I don' t even want to play offline anymore, except for rare exception like GTA or TES. A half decent multiplayer will beat a strong single player game 9 times out of ten. It' s just so much better competing against people as opposed to playing with dumb AI.

It' s not just graphics, it' s everything. Everything is stripped down. Wii is not a step foward it' s a side step. It' s different, but hardly an advancement. I don' t even like the Wiimote.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 4 May 07 18:31:45 >
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 05, 2007 02:27

Games on Wii right now are comparable to a 350 MHz PC with a Voodoo 3. Most Dreamcast games look better.

Now I feel like a nerd for even remembering the Voodoo GPU series.

I agree mainly with Ghost, different doesnt equal better. The sad reality of the Wii is that it has 1 good game, which is actually a GC game. Having said that, expect the Zelda built ground up from the Wii to be great (in 2011 when its released ).

How is Wario Ware inovative? Its the same thing repeated, just the graphics on the screen change. This game you wave the remote at the correct time. This game you thrust the remote at the right time. This game you (insert random wrist motion) the remote at the correct time.

Wow, thats innovation and hours of fun right there. Now back to C&C3 Demo, which apparently didnt suck on the 360 like I assumed.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 05, 2007 02:30
Exactly, it is not the graphics that make Wii games suck. It' s the gameplay.
It' s ironic isn' t it? The console that was all about gameplay gets the worst gameplay, at least when it comes to multiplatform titles.
But I blame the developers. I think that you can' t just port a game over and replace the controllers with Wii-mote functionality. It doesn' t work. You have to re-design the whole gameplay aspect of the game in order to get it working. That' s why many multiplatform games have sucked on the Wii. The gameplay remains the same as on the " normal" consoles, but they changed the controllers. That' s not enough.
Of course, the fact that you have to change the gameplay is a cost and a problem for the developers, but every challenge means possibilities.
The online issue could be corrected but Nintendo makes no sense here. We all fail to understand why Nintendo has chosen not to let 3rd party developers take their games online.
I personally prefer good single-player games because I prefer story, developed characters, art design and production values more interesting than the competition offered by a game.
And if I do want to play games I prefer playing multiplayer games in the same room with people I know.
Playing online with loads of morons just isn' t my thing.
M B

• Total Posts : 202
RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 05, 2007 03:02

ORIGINAL: Terrak

My point is regular games basically suck on Wii compared to other systems. The only games that are really fun are party games and other obscure genres. Wii has an advantage with these because of the controller.

Don' t over generalize with your comments, especially when the real applications for the Wii that take full advantage of the system have not been released yet.

At least the Wii is trying to do something different, unlike the 360 or ps3 which are trying to challenge the PC for the graphics crown, a war they will always lose.

This article strengthens my argument that Better graphics has no significant effect on improving market share.

Why did you only quote the 2nd part of my post without the part that explains everything you try to refute. " What do you base this on" Obviously the first part of my post.

You are a blatant fanboy.
Virtua fighter 5

RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 05, 2007 03:17
Still, Wii entertained me and 5 freinds yesterday for atleast 5 of the 8 hour gaming session (about 2 hours on PS3 Vf5 and 1 hour on 360 virtua tennis 3).

WarioWare multi-player is SOOO god dam fun with loads of friends. This is what Gaming is about.

My body is still in pain from laughter..

Just
Having
Fun

(3 of hundreds of videos)

Don' t see family' s having fun like this on any other console
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 4 May 07 19:51:19 >
Agent Ghost

RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 05, 2007 03:27
" The url contained a malformed video id."

lol
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 05, 2007 04:00
We all know thats a joke, F3 has no friends. And then he posts youtube vids by Nintendo fanboys as irrefutable proof. Sigh, oh kikizo, how I miss your days when Fathoms was the only moron we had to deal with.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 05, 2007 04:25

Games on Wii right now are comparable to a 350 MHz PC with a Voodoo 3. Most Dreamcast games look better.
Now I feel like a nerd for even remembering the Voodoo GPU series.

All I remember is trying to get a Voodo 2 to run the " brand-new" N64 emulators.
Virtua fighter 5

RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 05, 2007 04:33

We all know thats a joke, F3 has no friends. And then he posts youtube vids by Nintendo fanboys as irrefutable proof. Sigh, oh kikizo, how I miss your days when Fathoms was the only moron we had to deal with.

Round of aplause for the great Troll Number 5

Obviously it hurts you so much to see people enjoy a console your Fanboysm denies you to stand

< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 4 May 07 20:37:16 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 05, 2007 05:44

A half decent multiplayer will beat a strong single player game 9 times out of ten

I would never pick the best multiplayer game ever over the best single player game ever.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 05, 2007 05:52
f3, i' m curious, you often talk about your friends in a way that most of us don' t. Until now i hadn' t given it much thought and passed it off as an attempt to solidify your opinion. However, the other day i saw a couple of guys from Ghana who i went to uni with, went back to their flat and played some Guitar Hero, and noticed that they had a Wii as well as some karaoke equipment, ...so i was wondering whether it' s a cultural difference!?
SpaceJase

• Total Posts : 170
RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 05, 2007 06:22
The Wii offers gameplay that you can' t get on the PS3 or 360. Sure, ports of PS2 games are crap but there' s a lot more to the Wii than that.

Seriously, I get the impression that some of you would prefer 3 identical consoles that all play the same identical games.

Narrow minded...
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 05, 2007 06:28
At least the Voodoo cards were better than the sparkle cards. Still I was still tinkering with the Amiga back then, more fun and better graphics with wicked gameplay to boot. I often wonder how the would all equate in todays DX10 cards and multi core processors.

Anyway back on topic, the wii is a party machine, you have a few drinks and put on Warioware just to see who will make the biggest arse out of themselves, it is fun but it is no different from the days of playing naked twister or spin the bottle.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 05, 2007 06:29
The DS is a party handheld while the PSP is a hardcore console.

Yes, that comment is insane, just as the post above mine
Virtua fighter 5

RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 05, 2007 06:32

The other day i saw a couple of guys from Ghana who i went to uni with, went back to their flat and played some Guitar Hero, and noticed that they had a Wii as well as some karaoke equipment, ...so i was wondering whether it' s a cultural difference!?

I don' t know anyone from Ghana, you would know more than me on that subject.

You often talk about your friends in a way that most of us don' t. Until now i hadn' t given it much thought and passed it off as an attempt to solidify your opinion.

My opinions are based off my experiences. Arnt yours? My first gaming memories have been social ones:

From taking turns Playing SEGA Master system games with my brothers / Friends, challenging people at SF2 in the arcades to gathering friends for late night Drink and social game session' s. It' s always been like that.

Seriously, I get the impression that some of you would prefer 3 identical consoles that all play the same identical games.

Narrow minded...

EXactly.. Ive said this myself on Many occasions.
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 4 May 07 22:37:58 >
SpaceJase

• Total Posts : 170
RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 05, 2007 06:36
What' s a ' traditional' game anyway? To me it means boring, derivative crap but maybe I' m just getting old?

I agree that the Wii is fun for parties, mainly because non-gamers can join in easily. It' s utter nonsense to suggest that it can' t offer an engaging solo game as well though.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: last gen sales Vs current gen sales - May 05, 2007 06:40
Until such a time comes when a " decent" single player game comes out, it is a party games machine.

Ginjirou how are my comments insane about the Wii being a party games machine?
< Message edited by alijay034 -- 4 May 07 22:41:51 >
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 60

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread