Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Your genre hopes for next gen
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 58
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 27, 2005 07:04

Uhh... wow. I can' t even think of a comment for that. Damn, I feel pwned.

Wow. Not quite sure how I " pwned" you, but it must have been easy.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 27, 2005 08:32
I also wanna see more Light-gun games. YOU HEAR THAT SEGA? We need a home conversion of Virtua Cop 3 to finally be a reality!!!!!1!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 27, 2005 08:41
Ya know come to think of it, I enjoyed Super Mario Sunshine more than I enjoyed Mario 64... I actually invested a decent amount of time in Super Mario Sunshine before I got stuck in one of the levels and then distracted by another game.

I don' t know what it was about Mario 64 but I just wasn' t feeling the game. I don' t know, maybe I was PMSing when I played it and just couldn' t get into it.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 27, 2005 08:51

ORIGINAL: mxpx182

Uhh... wow. I can' t even think of a comment for that. Damn, I feel pwned.

Wow. Not quite sure how I " pwned" you, but it must have been easy.

Everyone seems to be trying to top everyone else' s jokes and this one (even if not a joke) I couldn' t figure out a way to comment back. It' s like Eminem in 8 Mile degrating himself to the point were nobody can say anything to make him look bad, lol.
Ganafan

• Total Posts : 19
RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 27, 2005 14:50
We need more scrolling games like Ikaruga or Metal Slug!
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 27, 2005 17:10

that cheeky plumber always brings a smile to my face
Even in games like Mario Baseball, NBA Street? Mario Dance Dance Revolution, Mario GTA, Mario Gran Turismo, Mario Ghouls ' n Ghosts, Mario Space Harrier, and Mario Ninja Gaiden?
Rampage99

RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 27, 2005 17:17
Mario Ninja Gaiden was the pimp shizzle! When he whips out that plunger he' s unstoppable!
Phoenixxx1974

• Total Posts : 332
RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 27, 2005 17:31
I am good with RPGs. i hope Square and other companies support all 3 systems and make games for all three. I read on IGN that there might be a remake of Kid Icarus which is cool. THere was rumors of that being on the N64. I also want more Skies of Arcadia games and want Sega to remake Dark Wizard for the Sega CD that was a awesome game.

Also can' t wait for the Revolutions downloadable library. It' s a ingenius idea and if they play it right, they can track which games are downloaded the most and make new franchises out of them.
Joe Redifer

RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 27, 2005 17:35

I also wanna see more Light-gun games.

Not likely to happen since this is the HD Revolution (or is it the Digital Decade?). Light guns don' t work with HDTVs. And with so many different styles of TV, from CRT to DLP to LCD to Plasma, it would be pretty hard for them to make a gun to work with all technologies. I' d like to see them try, though. Maybe an Eyetoy disguised as a lightgun where it can see what is going on.

If you want light gun games, get a DS and play with the stylus. The DS is actually a perfect system for such games!
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 28 May 05 1:36:37 >
mxpx182

RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 27, 2005 22:56

Light guns don' t work with HDTVs

Is this for real? I hadn' t heard that before, what' s the reason for this, and do you have a link? Interesting. Ok, not intereseting cause I think light gun games are more useless than a mule with a 12 inch.... well you get the idea, but I still would like to know why.
Joe Redifer

RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 27, 2005 23:03
Itz fo real yo.

Light guns work on the premise of the way CRTs scan. When you pull da trigger, da white screen flashes and the gun waits until it sees the scan. It knows how long it takes for a single field to scan from top ta bottom, and can determine where da hellz you is aiming from that. HDTVs do not run at the same Hz as CRTs. Plus there are many different technologies like LCD and DLP and even Plasma which don' t really " scan" .
Rampage99

RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 27, 2005 23:07
That' s quite interesting... Man, that would be sweet to bring back the light gun though. Just think of it... DUCK HUNT: TO THE XTREEM!!! The Dog would be some crazy hardcore bulldog with some mad fur shading effests. The enviroments would be fully interactive. There would be a variety of weapons ranging from pistols, to shotguns, and even gattling guns! To top it off, Totally xbox J Allard could be at you side helping you take don the massive duck infestation! BEST GAME EVER!!!
mxpx182

RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 27, 2005 23:08
you think it' s possible to create light guns that don' t work on this premise, and rather are able to detect the size of the screen, and the area that the gun was pointing at when the trigger was pulled. I mean come on, If they can a combo machine between the George Forman grill and PS2 and call it the PS3 they can do this.
Rampage99

RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 27, 2005 23:14
Lmfao!!!
Joe Redifer

RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 27, 2005 23:23
I am thinking they could use something similar to the Eyetoy built into a stylin' and J Allard pimpin' type of light gun. It would look at your screen with a rather wide view. It would determine was was in the center of it' s sight and compare that with what the system says is on the screen. Pull da trigger and BAM there ya go.
Rampage99

RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 27, 2005 23:28
I want my light gun to have customizable face plates. I want mine to say " Totally Xbox J Allard Rox0rz teh Box0rz!"
Joe Redifer

RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 27, 2005 23:34
I want Totally Xbox J Allard on my Xbox360 Buddy List. You think he' ll be my friend? That is my genre hope for the next gen... more of the J Allard genre!
Rampage99

RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 27, 2005 23:40
The J Allard genre is gonna be the best ever. It could so like totatlly span the life of Totally Xbox J Allard. He start out as an aging guy that has to fight off crazy corporate power hungry business men. After that, he' ll go into a 2d side scrolling shooter that has him fight off wave after wave of the millions of PS2s that are sold. Once he breaks into the market he will discover the fountain of youth and transform from aging J Allard to Totally Xbox J Allard! From there he goes on his crazy escapades to totally change the world and make it a totally hip placce to live. The ultimate goal is to put a ninja in everyones home!
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 28 May 05 7:41:53 >
Joe Redifer

RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 28, 2005 00:54
It' ll be like Viewtiful Joe. Once he grabs a powerup, he' ll turn into Totaly Xbox J Allard and do snowboard tricks and rad BMX moves to defeat the evil Sony enemies!
Ganafan

• Total Posts : 19
RE: Your genre hopes for next gen - May 28, 2005 09:00
Bring back the light guns, yooo!
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 58

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages