Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Xbox Repair Time
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 45
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Xbox Repair Time - Mar 11, 2007 22:55
.... How much money did you make fixing those ps2' s Eddie? hmmm......

anyway the ps2 break down is nothing compared to the 360 break down, you guys forget that ps2 sold over 100 million. If 360 got that high, Microsoft would want to increase the build qauilty. Seriously, Imagine it, broken 360' s everywhere
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Xbox Repair Time - Mar 12, 2007 03:28

.... How much money did you make fixing those ps2' s Eddie? hmmm......
Enough for a Premium 360 and a DS Lite. Don' t bother with it now though, the market is a lot slower than a year or 2 ago when I first got the idea. It' s why I had tons of PS2s in all of my " Gearwhores" pics.

With 9 out of 10 PS2s it was this little white cog that needed to be adjusted. It regulated distance from the laser to the disk & it slipped way too easily. The one PS2 that wasn' t a Disk Read Error was something ridiculous. (I.E. " I dropped it down the stairs & now it don' t go!" )
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Xbox Repair Time - Mar 12, 2007 04:44

anyway the ps2 break down is nothing compared to the 360 break down, you guys forget that ps2 sold over 100 million. If 360 got that high, Microsoft would want to increase the build qauilty. Seriously, Imagine it, broken 360' s everywhere

at least 30 million of the ps2s sold were from people who already had one and it broke and had no warranty. And yes it was worse than the issue with the 360s, When my ps2 broke i still had 2 weeks left on my warranty and they told me by the time it got there it would have expired. When my 360 broke it had ran out a month ago, and they let me extend my warranty. Sorry, but id rather have a bunch of consoles break and have a warranty, than to have one wait till 2 weeks are left and then break and still not be able to use my warranty
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Xbox Repair Time - Mar 12, 2007 13:00

ORIGINAL: mastachefbkw

at least 30 million of the ps2s sold were from people who already had one and it broke and had no warranty.

Where is your source for that? Or are you just pulling that out of your ass?

Yeah, you are.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Xbox Repair Time - Mar 12, 2007 18:41
Nintendo are the only ones who can make reliable hardware.
I expect to buy three 360' s, four PS3' s and one Wii before the next (next?) generation comes.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Xbox Repair Time - Mar 12, 2007 18:42
Dammit thought Evil man was away hiding under a rock or something.

I got my 360 back in 4 days. The longest wait I have heard of in my region (SW UK) was 2 weeks. (from date collection was arranged)

Regardless of the faults / issues, it' s not like MS hasnt moved to correct the situation. I have to hand it to them, its probably the fastest turn around of hardware on one of the largest scales in the industry.

I think its fair to say that the launch of an earlier machine was a better trade off for MS than launching along side the PS3. Turn that upsade down for a moment and imagine if the PS3 had launched in 2005 along with the 360... I' d imagine their models would have had a fair number MORE faults.

No-one wants hardware failures, fanboys here make out as if MS intended this sitaution... (the same fanboys who think XP is an EVIL operating system) I' d imagine it has cost them tens of millions at least to put right to date. When you have had a PS3 for a year THEN you can make comparisons.

At very worst, their hardware situation brings them about level with the level of cock-ups Sony have made. I' m looking forward to the PS3 too, but I wouldnt make claims about reliability of a car that hasnt been released yet....so I certainly wouldnt do the same for hardware professing to be the bugatti veyron of consoles...
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Xbox Repair Time - Mar 12, 2007 20:09
I must be the luckiest man alive then, never had a console go down on me, the only problem I have ever had is 3 dead pixels on my imported PSP which didn' t detract from playing anything. I have probably had more problems with my own built PC than with a console, but I like it that way keeps my diag skills tip top.

< Message edited by alijay034 -- 13 Mar 07 8:44:35 >
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Xbox Repair Time - Mar 12, 2007 21:07

ORIGINAL: alijay034

I must be the luckiest man alive then, never had a console go donw on me

funniest thing i' ve read in a while
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Xbox Repair Time - Mar 13, 2007 03:32

the same fanboys who think XP is an EVIL operating system

I don' t know too many people who think it' s evil, just a little demeaning is all. I swear I' m going to slaughter that paperclip in cold blood.
mastachefbkw

RE: Xbox Repair Time - Mar 13, 2007 04:26

Where is your source for that? Or are you just pulling that out of your ass?

Yeah, you are.

No i pull miracles out of my ass And yes im asuming because all the ps2 fanboys in my area who broke their ps2s bought multiple consoles and still thought it was the teh greatzrozzzzzzzest ever. And its not like it didnt happen everywhere else, i have yet to meet one person who had their ps2 more than 2 years without problems
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Xbox Repair Time - Mar 13, 2007 06:26
You have no source, shut the fuck up if you can' t backup the trash you' re talking.

mastachefbkw

RE: Xbox Repair Time - Mar 13, 2007 10:52

You have no source, shut the fuck up if you can' t backup the trash you' re talking.

You dont back anything you say. All you say is MS is shit. Sony is Shit. Breathing is shit. you never add anything to it
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Xbox Repair Time - Mar 13, 2007 12:03

ORIGINAL: Evil Man

Yeah, I suggest you buy a PS3 if you want dependable hardware that won' t break down, Sony is a company you can trust unlike the crooks at Microsoft.

Vaio.

The end.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Xbox Repair Time - Mar 13, 2007 16:43
Wasn' t it sony with the exploding laptops though?

Terrak you have a filthy mind
< Message edited by alijay034 -- 13 Mar 07 10:39:15 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Xbox Repair Time - Mar 13, 2007 18:34
Sony' s laptops are called Vaio. They suck but at least the often look kinda cool.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Xbox Repair Time - Mar 13, 2007 19:36

ORIGINAL: alijay034

Wasn' t it sony with the exploding laptops though?

That was his point.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Xbox Repair Time - Mar 14, 2007 01:24

i have yet to meet one person who had their ps2 more than 2 years without problems

well today is your lucky day, I' ve had my ps2 for over 5 years now. And never ever got one single error.

Saying that, my mates launch 360 is still going, played gears and all. Imagine that!
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 13 Mar 07 17:25:08 >
mastachefbkw

RE: Xbox Repair Time - Mar 14, 2007 04:33

well today is your lucky day, I' ve had my ps2 for over 5 years now. And never ever got one single error.

No problem what so ever? *GASP!* Everyone i know who were super fanboys around my area, had broken their ps2s and bought atleast one more. The only person i know whos didnt was my cousin, his never broke, but it was never played either
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Xbox Repair Time - Mar 14, 2007 08:28

No problem what so ever? *GASP!* Everyone i know who were super fanboys around my area, had broken their ps2s and bought atleast one more. The only person i know whos didnt was my cousin, his never broke, but it was never played either

Lies, all lies. I did play it about once a week.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Xbox Repair Time - Mar 14, 2007 09:51

quote:

Lies, all lies. I did play it about once a week.

COUSINS!!! That' s how you guys are related!

Sorry, just been bugging me.
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 45

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread