Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3?
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 4 of 5, messages 61 to 80 of 96
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 20, 2006 02:56
what does it mean 3 years behind everyone else?

What are you playing now ? :)
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 20, 2006 04:29
PS2 probably... :P

oh well, I can buy one for you if you want. of course with your money and a small fee.
Naturally

LOL!

I already got one, ...but thanks anyway. And you don' t need a HDTV, it helps but isn' t a must!

Just sell your soul dude, ...Microsoft might take it...
]GaNgStA[

RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 20, 2006 05:34

I never bought a N64 since I really prefered the Saturn and loved the PS1. So I actually played through Ocarina of Time for the first time in 2005. Strange maybe, but even though lots of amazing titles and consoles have been released since the days of OOT, I still loved it and I put it on my top 5 list right away.

Same here - I got N64 when I had DC.I couldn' t stand those 10/10 reviews (goldeneye , Perfect Dark , Zelda OoT , MM , Mario and other great games like Beetle Adventure Racing)
Majora' s MAsk is even better - it just rocked my world - this and shenmue.

If he' s playing PS2 I have no idea why would he want X360 right now

I mean I' m catchin up with some huge titles for PS2 right now and it' s quality gaming while 360 is just starting its career (and it' s not a great start).

There' s no rush when it comes to 360 - things will only get better with time :)
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 19 Feb 06 21:39:38 >
Nitro

RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 20, 2006 07:26
But Gangsta, do you have a 360?! Have you played PGR3 online? Or DoA4?

Next month and in April, when things 360 related really kick off, that' ll be the time to get Microsofts' console.

March and April should give us these:

Fight Night Round 3
Scarface: The World is Yours
Saint' s Row
Burnout Revenge
Tom Clancy' s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
The Outfit
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
Far Cry Instincts Predator
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
Moto GP 2006
Monster Madness
Prey
Top Spin 2

All of those games promise to be better than the launch titles (i did really enjoy Kameo and CoD2 though...and DoA4 is superb!). I think that one or two of those are worth buying the 360 for on their own. Prey & Moto GP 2006 online?! Err yes please!!!

Then there is a Live update headed our way that may or may not include a DirecTV blade, but should certainly include Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting.

The PS2 is a great console and is definately worth keeping/playing/buying new games for, ...but it' s also a very cheap console now, with very cheap games (which is obviously a great thing) so why not buy a 360?! It isn' t THAT expensive

There may not be a rush as you put it, but if you' ve got the money then it' s worth buying and enjoying HD goodness. DoA4 makes me feel all fuzzy inside!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 20, 2006 07:37
For me only Ghost recon,oblivion and top spin 2 is the intresting games...
]GaNgStA[

RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 20, 2006 19:07

But Gangsta, do you have a 360?! Have you played PGR3 online? Or DoA4?

I' ll play those in 2007 I guess since when I' m done with PS2 I' ll have to catch up with my Nintendo Gaming (GCN - Metroid 2 , Pikmin 2 and other titles I' ve missed).

I' m not a huge HD follower - my TV is SDTV and I don' t mind.Sure I' d love to have a better one - but it' s cool as it is.

360 doesn' t offer as much as current gen systems (at least for me since I have some AAA titles unplayed) at the moment and for about 5 months from now this won' t change drastically.

It is cool - but I' m in no hurry to get it - time can only help both the gaming content and price - not to mention some polished well made versions of the system itself(I won' t get no warranty so I need my system to work well)
Nitro

RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 20, 2006 21:13
Saying that, some people work too i guess. I work in a bar on the weekend but my student loan covers pretty much everything else. Because i' m doing a games development course, i play games.

I' ve tried to keep on top of pretty much everything current gen, although i do still have a couple of titles to play through. I bought all the launch games for the 360 and haven' t touched any of the sport ones at all, i even gave 2 away. But next month is gonna be a big and busy month for me.

I' ve pre-ordered 5 of the games listed on the previous page and will likely buy the rest from play.com as soon as i' ve seen good things written about them. I made the mistake of buying King Kong, Gun and American Wasteland and didn' t enjoy any of them. Certainly not as much as i should have done, and i payed £50 for each of them so that was foolish on my part.

I still haven' t finished Amped 3...
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 21, 2006 01:13
I haven' t even started amped 3 pickedit up and couldn' t really be bothered after memories of amped 2. By the way did sony recently say something along the lines of that information on their console is being further delayed because of copy right issues and something to do with a delay in production of the system' s video chip and problems with heat generation?. If so how long more will they need considering they' ve had a lot of time.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 21, 2006 02:18

I made the mistake of buying King Kong, Gun and American Wasteland and didn' t enjoy any of them. Certainly not as much as i should have done, and i payed £50 for each of them so that was foolish on my part.

Well I guess you can afford foolish - cause every review says those are crap.
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 20 Feb 06 18:18:25 >
Nitro

RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 21, 2006 02:25
That was my point. I said...

I' ve pre-ordered 5 of the games listed on the previous page and will likely buy the rest from play.com as soon as i' ve seen good things written about them.

Meaning that i don' t want to make the same mistake again. They are crap, i know that, that' s what i was getting at..
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 21, 2006 02:56

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

I' ll play those in 2007 I guess since when I' m done with PS2 I' ll have to catch up with my Nintendo Gaming (GCN - Metroid 2 , Pikmin 2 and other titles I' ve missed).

Have you skipped a Metroid Prime title? One of the only two that has ever been made? Have you not played one of the greatest games that Nintendo has ever created? My God!
Ok, it' s not as groundbreaking as the first but it' s still soooo good. Only bad thing in the game is the multiplayer. The singleplayer is as near perfect as you can get.
Nitro

RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 21, 2006 05:35
Oh, so Twilight princess HAS slipped afterall. I said it would!

While there is still no official date, i would say November sounds about right. I am beginning to get suspicious now as to whether it WILL actually release on Gamecube though. I mean, it' s not exactly going to sell many Gamecubes is it?! It' ll sell more Revolutions than it will Gamecubes, ...but, it would sell even more Revolutions if the game itself was given an overhall between now and its' release, and it showed up as a Revolution launch title rather than a Gamecube game that you can play on you Revolution.

If they pumped it up to a Revolution title, it would not only be the perfect flagship Revolution title, enabling them to show off the hardware from a graphics perspective and the controller from a gameplay perspective, but it would also probably be the greatest launch game ever, superceding even Mario 64!

< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 20 Feb 06 21:43:01 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 21, 2006 07:10
It' s funny how often you congratulate yourself :)

Sure it' s delayed - everyone knows that -it is TBA since they said it' s delayed.

Funny thing is you don' t really know what a fact is - it' s a fact for instance that Twilight Princess is a GCN game.It will sell lot' s of Revolution systems cause it' s compatible - and this way it hits a huge userbase of Nintendo fans.
It' s been confirmed every time and on DICE as well.

Facts are Facts - and knowing that ,helps people on forums distinguish truth from fantasy.

Meaning that i don' t want to make the same mistake again. They are crap, i know that, that' s what i was getting at..

No what I meant is don' t you read reviews ?

You were boasting before that you get systems with all their launch titles - why?
You must realise how many crappy games are out among killerapps.
Reviews? :)

Ginjirou - Yeah I skipped Echoes - I sold GCN at the time Echoes was out (Don' t worry I will definitely finish it) :)
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 20 Feb 06 23:16:49 >
Nitro

RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 21, 2006 07:18
Yeah i usually read reviews, usually. I just didn' t with regard to the 360, ...not that i really mind. If i decide not to play them they' ll make half decent gifts for somebody..
]GaNgStA[

RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 21, 2006 07:41
hehehe

You could be giving them to you enemies for birthday - they' d think " hmm he' s not that bad after all" and then they would suffer terrible pain hehehe HAHAHHAHA HUAHUAHAUAHAUHU THAT IS SO CRUEL !!!

Eghem ...where was I ...oh yeah ...ee ...bye
Nitro

RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 21, 2006 08:21
^5 Gangsta, i like it ;P

Nitro

RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 21, 2006 10:09
Have Merrill Lynch EVER been right?! I hope not because they have pubished a report predicting the launch of the PlayStation 3 could be delayed by 6 to 12 months from its current 2006 window, resulting in a September/October launch in Japan and a late 2006 or early 2007 launch in the US.

Most of us expect the unti to slip anyway but the possibility that it could be delayed in the US into next year?! That' d be bad news!

Now before i get a load of " wtf are you listening to anaylsts for, ....blah, blah, blah" ect, the industry, and more importantly company shareholders listen to them. They DO have an air of credibility.

It' s no secret that the report sent Sony stocks in Japan and on Wall Street sinking this week, falling by 3.6 percent and 2.8 percent respectively.

They said...

" Our updated analysis indicates that the initial bill of [production] materials for PS3 could approach US$900"

They also said that the production cost of a single Cell processor will be US$230 at launch, with the Blu-ray drive setting Sony back US$350 per unit. If that estimate is correct, that means the PS3 would have to sell for around US$775-US$800 to maintain a US$125-US$100 per-unit-loss similar to that of Microsoft' s Xbox 360.

That seems a little high to me but it' s possible. Other analysts have followed suit and come up with a figure around the US$800 mark. It sounds like a lot, but that would be £458 in the UK, and the original Playstation launched at £400!!!

A pricetag of £400 is about right for the UK.

]GaNgStA[

RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 21, 2006 20:39
Analysts are a fuckin waste of air - those guys haven' t been right for 20 years (unless ofcourse something was obvious enough to ANALYSE it right)

:)
]GaNgStA[

RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 21, 2006 22:38
Hmmm to be honest these speculations are based on some research I guess - it seems like it' s not entirely crap ...And that would be fuckin terrible.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 21, 2006 22:46
We will see...
Sony might spend extra money this gen to try and take out microsoft xbox360 out.
Once and for all so they dont have to beother with them any more...
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 4 of 5, messages 61 to 80 of 96

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message