Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3?
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 3 of 5, messages 41 to 60 of 96
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 18, 2006 06:17
November...
I hope they make it up by making Twilight Princess the best damn video game ever created! If not then I' ll never buy another Nintendo game. Ever!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 18, 2006 06:21
Oh it will be, that' s for certain. At least until Mario 128 (128?!) arrives!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 18, 2006 08:20

Quez, Twilight Princess is down for November, around the same time as Revolution (N5).

It' s not N5.

There' s no release date for Twilight Princess (not even a clue) -it' s all speculation

So is the PS3 launch date for Europe or any other region.

Now it is ok to speculate but telling people things like that as facts is nonsense.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 18, 2006 08:28
Zelda? what a over-hyped and disapointing franchise. Yes OOT was a good game, wind waker was a bore. And twilight princess looks to be more of the same. Its not that i hate the games, i played through most of them, its just i never seen the appeal of the titles. why pick this when you have games that do better? SOC beats it hands down.

And I given up hope of Nintendo ever making another *good* 3d mario game. Mario 64 was great becuase it was the first, people are never going to admit mario 128 is better, I dont think they can ever top it.

off topic? oh yea
Nitro

RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 18, 2006 08:33
It' s not Revolution either!

Err, didn' t Best-Buy email people who had it pre-owned an tell them November 10th?

Then some goon emailed 1up saying Best-Buy had sent out another email correcting the date to April 1st (April Fools day). But Best-Buy now have down 2nd May.

Some places have it slated for June too though so obviously nobody actually knows. Maybe we won' t have to wait until November afterall!

Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 18, 2006 08:41
I hope we don' t have to wait too, but I can' t see it being released anytime soon.

It' s more likely that Nintendo will use E3 to show more of the game, having more exciting areas playable to build back up the hype, and then releasing the game in time for the holiday season.

The way I see it is that Nintendo will need to have it released near the launch of the Revolution in order to maximise sales. Cube exclusive titles haven' t done too well as of late, but with Revolution being fully compatible, I guess they' ll use that to push it towards early adopters of it' s new platform.
< Message edited by kyo.k -- 18 Feb 06 0:41:52 >
Nitro

RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 18, 2006 08:43
November would be the holiday season right Kyo?

The way I see it is that Nintendo will need to have it released near the launch of the Revolution in order to maximise sales. Cube exclusive titles haven' t done too well as of late, but with Revolution being fully compatible, I guess they' ll use that to push it towards early adopters of it' s new platform.

Almost exactly what i said. Glad SOME people see that it' s logical. Twilight Princess would sell Revolution to people who either didn' t have Gamecubes, or had one but sold/traded it...

< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 18 Feb 06 0:45:40 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 18, 2006 11:07
i really think that nintendo needs to go back to basics, in terms of their mario franchise, who remembers mario world 3, that racoon suit was freakin awesome, and i haven' t been able to shoot fireballs since super mario world (nah, super smash bros doesn' t count)

and as for zelda, i' m still gettin through majora' s mask, i just got rid of my n64 so it makes me all sad inside, ah well, a couple more months and i' ll have it on virtual console. how was wind-waker, worth the trouble? i' ve heard mixed results from people.
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 18, 2006 11:56
Nintendo will do good this time around. Most gamers will have either a PS3 + Rev or a 360 + Rev, besides the ones that have all three or both. I know Im getting a Rev.

Ginjirou, you said that if someone wants a 360 they should buy it now. I read on an article that apparently part of the reason of why the production of xbox is slow is because recently they found out that some (no numbers given) of the gddr3 ram cards are faulty, as in they don' t work at the speed they are supposed to, and some don' t function properly (this is not MS' s fault as they don' t make the ram cards, but another company does and I forgot its name). So this might explain, just might, the reason why some people have been experiencing problems with the 360, the freezing up and stuff. Now they are sorting out the bad ram cards from the good ones and the process of production should be speeding up soon. If it was me, I wouldn' t pick up a 360 just yet.

What you guys are saying about Sony' s " plans" make a lot of sense. I was thinking that too. Make people hold out so they don' t buy the 360, and maybe, just maybe, lie about the PS3 being soo expensive, so when launch time comes around it will take the competition by surprise cuz it will be very much affordable. I guess we' ll have to wait and see, we should know by E3 if they plan to release in Japan any time soon after that.
ginjirou

RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 18, 2006 19:37
But is a current-gen game, as Twilight Princess is, going to sell good for a next-gen system? Even though the Revolution is supposed to be less about graphics and more about gameplay, the graphics still matter to most people. I think many will be turned off by the current-gen graphics. If they want to release it when it can boost Rev sales then they should just give up on the Gamecube and make some better graphics.
But that would give them another problem as GC owners would feel they' ve been let down. Nintendo has previously been known for quality and reliability but if they start flip flopping like this with release dates and choice of console then they' ll defenately loose parts of their fan base.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 18 Feb 06 11:39:20 >
Nitro

RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 19, 2006 01:07
There' s nothing wrong with the 360' s components, that' s just bullshit.

The reason for the apparant lack of available units is completely tactical on Microsofts part. Next month, just as we are due to not only get a range of big games but a big Live update aswell more machines are set to be made available.

Microsoft know that Sony isn' t close to launching so don' t really have to worry too much. Having units on the shelves and loads in stock would ' look' bad, like they weren' t selling. But make pockets of them available every few weeks and it creates hype for the console.

The other reason for the availability issue is that it was launched worldwide and need to satisfy both Europe and the States (because lets face it, Japan doesn' t want to know yet). Usually console launches are staggard which allows demand to be met.

As far as Sonys' plan goes, it' d tard-talk. Ofcourse they will exaggerate about their own console to try and stop people buying 360' s (they ARE asking people to wait a considerable length and why shouldn' t people cinsider buying Microsofts unit?), buy they wouldn' t lie about it being expensive to fool anyone.

That' s rubbish and the talk of fanatical fanboys! The unit will cost a fair amount to make because of the technology that' s in it, so they will have to sell it at a high price. It' s that simple!

Affordable is what Revolution will be, and 360 will seem reasonable when PS3 launches. Blu-Ray alone adds $100+ to the manufacturing cost of every console. How much do you think 360s' DVD drive costs? Fuck all, that' s what. So you take the $100+, then you take into account the cost of the ACTUAL console components themselves and you' ll get a price that will begin to look much LESS affordable than you might like.

Sony KNOW PS3 will sell for whatever they charge, and they' ll cost Sony tons to manufacture the damn things. Why would you even consider that it might be cheaper than what SONY already said?!

Nonsense!
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 18 Feb 06 17:16:10 >
Silentbomber

RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 19, 2006 01:11
360 isnt in that bad supply, i can walk down to my local gamestop and buy a 360 easy. Its probley just america + uk where the supply shortage is majorly going on.
Nitro

RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 19, 2006 01:18
Err, where do you live?

360' s are available in abundance on the net, but as soon as high-street shops get them in (UK) they' re sold within minutes.

Loads will be available mid-March, just in time for the big games!

Silentbomber

RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 19, 2006 01:20
I am Irish, while we did have a short supply at the beginning, its not a problem now though.
Nitro

RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 19, 2006 05:07
Ha, IRISH! My whole name is Irish (Liam Riley)...

And, did you get a 360 yet?
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 19, 2006 07:39

Zelda? what a over-hyped and disapointing franchise. Yes OOT was a good game, wind waker was a bore. And twilight princess looks to be more of the same. Its not that i hate the games, i played through most of them, its just i never seen the appeal of the titles. why pick this when you have games that do better? SOC beats it hands down.

OOT is good that' s for sure - it' s No 1 game of all times on Gamerankings (even today).Some people just don' t get it I guess - I think Wind Waker was amazing.
Twilight is awesome - I played the demo ...I' m so in love with it :)

Err, didn' t Best-Buy email people who had it pre-owned an tell them November 10th?

Who the fuck is Best Buy? Some kind of Oracle? Seriously man :)

The way I see it is that Nintendo will need to have it released near the launch of the Revolution in order to maximise sales.

Sure 100% agreed - but doesn' t change anything - it' s still speculation.
The fact is MAjik - we don' t know and Best Buy can tell you anything you want - they don' t know either :)
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 18 Feb 06 23:41:51 >
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 19, 2006 07:50

but doesn' t change anything - it' s still speculation

Yep, but it was only my opinion. This whole thing is based on speculation.

Most of it comes from badly translated interviews from foreign Nintendo mags, where nothing other than loose time frames were thrown around by the company.

We really should know more about when Zelda is coming out at the moment.
< Message edited by kyo.k -- 18 Feb 06 23:52:03 >
Silentbomber

RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 20, 2006 00:28

Ha, IRISH! My whole name is Irish (Liam Riley)...

And, did you get a 360 yet?

I may be Irish but i ant rich.No i didnt get one, I would also need a nice hdtv to play it on, which i dont have. To think about it, i am about 3 years behind everybody else becuase of my budget.

oh well, I can buy one for you if you want. of course with your money and a small fee.
Naturally
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 19 Feb 06 16:32:57 >
Nitro

RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 20, 2006 00:31
???
ginjirou

RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 20, 2006 02:54

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

I never bought a N64 since I really prefered the Saturn and loved the PS1. So I actually played through Ocarina of Time for the first time in 2005. Strange maybe, but even though lots of amazing titles and consoles have been released since the days of OOT, I still loved it and I put it on my top 5 list right away. Now that says something about the game. The gameplay is so great that it can be appreciated as much as current gen games (even more) even though it was released more than five years ago. And this is something that goes with all Zelda games.
Wind Waker was a great game in every way.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 19 Feb 06 19:25:05 >
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 3 of 5, messages 41 to 60 of 96

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread